Trouble Sleeping

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Trouble Sleeping

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Beat Candida 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

Does anyone have suggestions for improving sleep? I’ve always had somewhat trouble sleeping but lately I’ve only been getting 2-3 hours of sleep a night. I’ve tried everything I can think of, I’ve tried the Revitalizing sleep formula by enzymatic therapy (contains Valerian, passionflower, L-Theanine, hops flower, wild lettuce, and Jamaica dogwood.) Also tried melatonin, some homeopathic sleep aids and sleep ointment/scent creams but have had no luck so far. I also used to do some meditation/mind tricks to help fall asleep(like “turning off” each body part one at a time) but that hasn’t been working anymore

Normally it takes me awhile to fall asleep, once I do I wake up within 2 hours, and just lay in bed for a couple more hours hoping to fall back asleep, if I do fall asleep again I’m up within another 2-3 hours. Any suggestions? Thanks guys!

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

If your sleep issues are a result of your ongoing recovery, then your lymph could be congested.

If your lymph is congested, then you can have symptoms like light headaches in the back of the head, light constipation, and kidneys arent filtering to their potential. This issue with the lymph will cause insomnia (which makes sense, if you are detoxing to any degree).Over time, if your lymph doesnt move,your body becomes acidic and affects all the glands.

Not saying this is it, only that I am familiar with this issue listening to Dr Morse all day,lol.

Kidney filtering herbs and lymph movers have been helping me bigtime.

Feel better!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Check out PS-100 which is a brain chemical that aids in your sleep. It is also a methylation supplement. PS + is an alternative version of it that contains some different brain chemicals. I highly recommend it. Only get the high grade stuff (pure encapsulations is a top brand, its like $100 per bottle for 3 month supply).

I also take min-tran which is an iodine supplement to help with my night time urination. It works ok. You could take it with every meal if you have a chronic problem.

-raster

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

Vegan Catlady;54540 wrote: If your sleep issues are a result of your ongoing recovery, then your lymph could be congested.

If your lymph is congested, then you can have symptoms like light headaches in the back of the head, light constipation, and kidneys arent filtering to their potential. This issue with the lymph will cause insomnia (which makes sense, if you are detoxing to any degree).Over time, if your lymph doesnt move,your body becomes acidic and affects all the glands.

Not saying this is it, only that I am familiar with this issue listening to Dr Morse all day,lol.

Feel better!

I have had swollen lymph nodes for 5-6 months now that I can’t get to go away, I’ve taken cleavers and a few lymphatic tonics, as well as using a sauna and dry skin brushing. I used to use the sauana way more and rebound a lot too but I have been slacking on that lately, I should probably be doing that again haha thanks. What kinda stuff are you doing/taking to help your lymph and kidneys?

@raster I will look into the ps-100, I remember you used to talk about 5-htp, are you still using that and did it help at all? Has the ps-100 helped you out?

raster
    Participant

The PS-100 is likely better than my prescription sleeping medication. I haven’t ever tried 5-htp…

-raster

Vegan Catlady

Tdog333;54550 wrote:

If your sleep issues are a result of your ongoing recovery, then your lymph could be congested.

Feel better!

I have had swollen lymph nodes for 5-6 months now that I can’t get to go away, I’ve taken cleavers and a few lymphatic tonics, as well as using a sauna and dry skin brushing. I used to use the sauana way more and rebound a lot too but I have been slacking on that lately, I should probably be doing that again haha thanks. What kinda stuff are you doing/taking to help your lymph and kidneys?

@raster I will look into the ps-100, I remember you used to talk about 5-htp, are you still using that and did it help at all? Has the ps-100 helped you out?

Well,Im a little person so tinctures are usually strong for me.
    If I was a little heavier, Id be taking the Dr Morse herbs, but I see in his recipes he doesnt screw around, he uses the strong herbs.

With this said, I use Gaia’s Red Clover Supreme because the herbs in it are gentle to my constitution and I also take Calendula tincture because I knew it was a gentle antifungal, but only recently learned it is a gentle lymph tonic,too.

I do a boatload of herbal teas, like the Yogi teas, because the different detox remedies all have some lymph cleansers and kidney support in there as well.

Lymph tonics work fast for me because my diet is extremely light,very few supplements,not much fat. Once I knew my lymph was moving and kidneys were actually filtering proper, I saw all kinds of grossy stuff in my pee,lol. I thought no f-ing way.

If my lymph was swollen, or hard, and you could see them in my neck, Id be all over the Dr Morse formulas. 2oz bottles for 24$, but you can read the recipe and see if you are already taking those herbs now or can make your own remedy. http://drmorsesherbalhealthclub.com/shop/index.php/herbal-products-by-dr-morse.html

raster
    Participant

I did start sleeping better once I started to heal my thyroid and supplement with iodine, so this is something to look into.

I always feel better after I detox like catlady says…I go to hot springs and feel great for days afterwards.

-raster

Vegan Catlady

raster;54557 wrote: I did start sleeping better once I started to heal my thyroid and supplement with iodine, so this is something to look into.

I always feel better after I detox like catlady says…I go to hot springs and feel great for days afterwards.

-raster

Im jealous, I have never been to a hot springs I havent even experienced a sauna 🙂

I did do a several-hour Sweat-Lodge once, and I dont remember walking out of it….I think I floated 😀

Beat Candida
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 73

My sleeping problems continue even after 8 months of suffering & almost continuously using prescription Drugs.5 Htp worked great for me for about 20 days back in September last yr.
    I really like it as it was the only herbal sleep aid which worked.

Even prescription drugs wise only Zopiclone works for me to this extent that it puts me to sleep most of the nights but usually after 3 to 4 hrs , I am wide awake & then just cannot fall asleep.

I have tried 6-7 prescription drugs & many Herbal ones like: Melatonin, Valerian, A combination one called sleep 8 (Combo of Valerian, Melatonin, Hops etc). Phospotidyl Serene but nothing really works.

I try to maintain a good sleep hygiene but do have Sleep Apnea(Therapy is not working well).

My Candida/Diet update I will put on a separate post in a few minutes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Trouble Sleeping’ is closed to new replies.