Trouble getting pregnant

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Trouble getting pregnant

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jaumeb 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Angelina_RS
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Ok, we all know how to get pregnant but it’s actually harder than you think. I’ve had the tests done (scans, blood tests etc) and yes, I do have polycystic ovary syndrom (cysts on my ovaries). I’ve had them for a while and have had scans every few years to check up on them as the cysts can disappear over time.
    The doctors (and friends I’ve talked to) said that it’s still possible to conceive regardless of this fact, it’s just a little more difficult. I’ve even got a friend who recently conceive and she too has PCOS.

She did however point out (now this is a little gross so gentlemen, you do not need to read this part), because she was so obsessed about how to get pregnant she researched everything about it). She told me that the yeast discharge in a woman can prevent sperm from swimming upwards to where it needs to get to because it’s too sticky and they get stuck. If this is the case, I’ve got it doubly hard. Great. PCOS and stupid candida. I’m 32 an we really need to get cracking on starting our little family.

Does anyone have any pointers for this? I can’t completely get rid of my Candida as I’ve had it most of my life, I have done the diet many times along with probiotics and antifungals. I’m just one of those people that may never get ride of it so I’m just keeping a balanced diet these days (no sugar, no yeast, no alcohol, low wheat, no dairy except for probiotic yoghurt etc) and occasionaly doing the cleans and diet to help maintain symptoms.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Yes, We’ve been spending lots of ‘quality time’ on the right days, we’re trying to relax, we’re doing the right things but to no avail. We’ve been unprotected for 3 years as well. That’s an alarm bell. No baby after 3 years of unprotected sex.

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Replies: 148

Soy can be a problem. If you could write a diary for me with everything you eat I could try to identify potential offenders.

The author of the PHD diet thought that soy gave her PCOS.

I am currently experimenting with psyllium husk, vsl3 and beet kvass.

Angelina_RS
    Participant
    Replies: 2

Hello, Jaumeb, thank you. I don’t eat soy as I know it’s mostly GM. I am not doing the candida diet at present as last year when I did it, I lost too much weight. I will try to gain a little bit of weight (naturally a thin person) and then in a few months, attempt to do the candida diet again. At present, I’m doing a slow elimination diet consisting mainly of buckwheat, brown rice and occasionally brown wholewheat pasta (I know, it has gluten but it’s better than white), oats, vegetables, some fruits, sugar alternatives like stevia and xylitol, eggs, fish, beef, olive oil and coconut oils, spices like cayenne pepper, cinnamon for flavour. So basically it’s a pretty simple diet at the moment and then I’ll do the cleanse in several months (like I said, trying to gain a little weight before I do the diet – lots of oils, fish, carbs, some eggs and avocado). However, I was also training to do a half marathon at the time so this time, I should hopefully not lose too much weight when doing the candida diet. Yes, I did use probiotics at the time and anti-fungals too so all 3 bases were covered to help eliminate candida but it didn’t go away after 6 solid weeks (and that was following 4 months of slow elimination diets too).

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Replies: 148

I am currently exploring the ideas of Weston A. Price. It seems that he studied which foods were given to couples for pregnancy and breastfeeding.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Trouble getting pregnant’ is closed to new replies.