Trip planned for Africa

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Trip planned for Africa

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  NiuBlau 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Laura Curtin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I’m new to the forum but was told 3 weeks ago from an alternative medicine practitioner that I have candida. At this point, i’m not sure of the severity but have been stricly following diet and taking herbal remedies with some relief. My worry is that by traveling to Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda I will not have much control over the food items I receive and will for the most part be unable to provide my own food. Does anyone know if medical doctors understand the problem that travelling abroad might cause and hence might he/she (my physician) write a note saying I have this certain illness that prevents me from travelling? This is what I’d like to have happen. Thank you for any advice you might have.

Laura

SueSullivan
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 108

There’s lots of posts with good advice about eating while traveling. Just search for those terms. You might be in luck travelling in Africa. Isn’t Ethiopian food centered around injeera, which is a Teff flour bread?
    Who are you wanting the physician to write a note to? The airlines? Your workplace? Who is compelling you to travel? Candida overgrowth is so poorly understood I would not expect it to stand up as a medical excuse, though there is never any harm in asking your alternative practitioner and/or whatever entity you are petitioning.

Laura Curtin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I would be petitioning to the airlines…actually American Express as that is how we paid for our trip. We just bought insurance so it has to be a condition that did not pre-exist. My primary care physican (Kaiser) doesn’t know I have it so I could have tests run that confirm it but my fear is what you suggested…that Western mecidine doesn’t recognize the severity of it. Ethopian food doesn’t do me much good as I’m not going there, although I appreciate your comments. I’ll be on safari and gorilla trekking and then out to Zanzibar. Who knows what kind of food will be served. As I said, my goal would be to cancel trip entirely as it just doesn’t fit in with taking care of myself and trying to rid my body of this fungus.

NiuBlau
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 39

That sounds like You will be travelling for two or three weeks.

I would do the trip and start the diet afterwards.

On the trip I would eat as close to the diet as possible.

You might even find out that You can get lots of veggies, salad, eggs and fish.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Trip planned for Africa’ is closed to new replies.