too much coconut oil?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions too much coconut oil?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  johnny22 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

johnny22
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 23

So I have been taking two anti-fungals- raw garlic (about 6-8 cloves) and coconut oil (almost 15-20 tbsp). Now I am wondering if it isn’t too much oil.

I haven’t had much die-off, just occasional anxiety attacks, bit of brain fog and trouble sleeping. This too was greatly helped by hot baths and acupressure.

I have lost weight and don’t feel lethargic anymore. But my skin overall has become super-dry.

However I know for a fact that I am not healed yet since I made a couple of slip-ups two weeks ago and had some of the fungal symptoms coming back.

But this time I feel like I am not seeing a change as quickly as during the first month and a half. Still on the stage one diet….

So can one have too much coconut oil. The only other thing that I changed in my diet a couple of weeks ago is I started taking a tsp of sesame oil which has worked very well as a laxative. But now I am not losing weight as fast.

Sorry for the confused post and wish someone can help with this.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Johnny.

Quote: I have lost weight and don’t feel lethargic anymore. But my skin overall has become super-dry.

Reply: The coconut oil should actually prevent the skin from becoming extra dry. Dry and/or flaky skin is a symptom of a Candida infestation. The symptoms take on different form throughout the treatment, meaning you can lose one symptom but gain a total different one. You might try rubbing coconut oil into a skin section which is very dry to see if that helps.

Quote: But this time I feel like I am not seeing a change as quickly as during the first month and a half. Still on the stage one diet….

Reply: You’ve lowered the numbers of the number, and unless you start eating foods that will raise the numbers again, they should stay at this number and the symptoms of die-off will probably remain less severe. This isn’t a bad sign, just a sign that what you’ve done so far is good.

Quote: So can one have too much coconut oil?

Reply: Normally, a sign that your system can’t handle the amount of coconut oil you’re ingesting is a problem in the stomach area.

Quote: The only other thing that I changed in my diet a couple of weeks ago is I started taking a tsp of sesame oil which has worked very well as a laxative. But now I am not losing weight as fast.

Reply: That’s because you’re now obtaining extra calories with the extra oil. Not losing weight is actually beneficial to your health, that is of course unless you need to lose it.

Able

johnny22

Thank you Able. So 15-20 tbsp is okay then? Oh no, I do have more weight to lose. Guess it’s time to start exercise.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Johnny,

The die-off symptoms are lessening because you are getting better. Expect and plan for a potential long recovery.

Candida can get used (and adapt) to caprylic acid after 6-8 weeks of use. If you want to switch to another antifungal; I really recommend undecenoic acid SF722 which is much more effective for a longer period of time.

-Raster

johnny22

Thank you Raster. Perhaps that’s it. I don’t think undecenoic acid is available around here and ordering anything online is a menace. Apparently customs checks even this stuff.

Maybe I will try apple cider vinegar as I have heard that helps too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘too much coconut oil?’ is closed to new replies.