to know you're cured

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions to know you're cured

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  andsburns 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

andsburns
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 8

is there any way to know that it’s actually gone besides not observing symptoms anymore? Candida symptoms could also be symptoms from tons of things, so how would you know if it’s actually gone?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

When I had the infestation I had no idea how I would know for sure that my body was healed from the overgrowth, that is until eventually one day I realized that my lack of interest in sex had disappeared and I was once again very interested in having an active sex life. Think about it, once you reach the stage of a full-blown and miserable Candida infestation, enjoying sex is usually the last thing on your mind. That and my hair growing back thicker than it was before the infestation was all I needed for proof.

Able

420biker
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 38

I have heard that the test for it is to spit in a cup and if it gets cloudy then you still have candida.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

420biker wrote: I have heard that the test for it is to spit in a cup and if it gets cloudy then you still have candida.

The spit test is a fantasy.
    The Spittle Test

andsburns

Able900 wrote: When I had the infestation I had no idea how I would know for sure that my body was healed from the overgrowth, that is until eventually one day I realized that my lack of interest in sex had disappeared and I was once again very interested in having an active sex life. Think about it, once you reach the stage of a full-blown and miserable Candida infestation, enjoying sex is usually the last thing on your mind. That and my hair growing back thicker than it was before the infestation was all I needed for proof.

Able

Those are two very good insights Able, thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The first and easiest way is to do a stool test, but it’d be best to have a test at the height of your infestation as a reference point as well. These tests can be inconclusive because everyone has candida in their body. They also are expensive and not likely covered with insurance. Genova diagnostics labs is one example.

Another way to test is to see how well you can tolerate cheat foods and how your body responds to eating some junk. Does the candida come back after eating some waffles and syrup for days in a row? How do you feel when you cheat? For me its been a slow progression towards eating more starches, sugars, fruits, etc. I would not plan on going back to the foods that brought you back here in the first place unless you are willing to jeopardize your progress.

Leaky gut; I think this is one of the earliest indications. Once you have leaky gut healed and are not allergic to anything, that means you reversed a lot of the infestation/inflammation at the least. Some people became allergic to everything, like me. Eventually the allergic reactions become like .1% of what it once was.

For many, you feel really good and are full of energy…feeling the best you’ve felt in years! This is maybe another one of the easiest indications that things are nearly there…but from my experience it takes many months to reverse a decade or more of eating poorly and harming the body.

Stools and digestion; how good are they? I notice that I still have a bit of constipation…and you really should be having BM’s 3 times a day or so. Anything less than 3 BM’s a day is considered constipation, and it might take a long time to reach this point for some.

-raster

Candida Hub
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 24

It took me about a month to accept that I was cured! I’d had my hopes crushed so many times that I couldn’t accept that I was finally better. Anyway, all my physical symptoms had disappeared and more astonishingly so had my mental symptoms (I didn’t realise how bad they were until the were gone). To make sure, I cautiously introduced fruits – sour ones to begin with and only first thing in the morning with a probiotic and young coconut water kefir.

Since then I’ve introduced more and more foods. I’ve been surprised by the foods that I ate ‘pre-Candida’ that I don’t want to go back to eating. Maybe that’s how you know you’re cured – a shift in your mind? I just don’t want to return to the way I used to eat.

andsburns

Thanks raster! Good insights

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘to know you're cured’ is closed to new replies.