Timeline…..

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Timeline…..

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

NewDay
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 25

HI again,

So I know there is no such thing as a timeline but what indicators should we be looking for to know when we should stop taking antifungals, when we can move into phase 2 and then when we can start adding our usual foods back in slowly but surely, including natural sugars such as milk.

Maybe those of you who have been there already could share how you have done this….

God willing, I hope to be able to eat my wedding cake and weding meal the day of my wedding this upcoming July!!! That’s my goal and my hope!

Becca

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Becca.

NewDay wrote: So I know there is no such thing as a timeline but what indicators should we be looking for to know when we should stop taking antifungals, when we can move into phase 2

You should be basically symptom-free when you start the 2nd phase of the treatment. But you should definitely remain on kefir, Greek yogurt, and especially a good, high count of probiotics.

and then when we can start adding our usual foods back in slowly but surely, including natural sugars such as milk.

If you’re completely symptom-free for a total of three months, it would probably be safe to ‘very slowly’ start adding a few regular foods such as one very –small– piece of your wedding cake. But if you wish to be Candida free by July, you will need to remain faithfully on the diet and treatment during the meantime.

When you first start eating foods that are known to feed the Candida, this is the most dangerous time for restarting the infestation and allowing it to bloom to its full force again; this is why it’s so important to introduce only a bite or two at a time and watch very carefully for any sign of the Candida returning.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It can take as long as 6-18 months to fully recover from candida overgrowth. I agree with what able said about being symptom free when you start phase 2; if you start it too early, your body won’t be strong enough to fight off the candida that feeds on these foods.

I cheated for a week straight after 4 months when I went on a trip to LA. It set me back about a week in my recovery but I was able to get over any ill effects.

Alcohol is about the worst thing for the diet, so once you slip up and drink alcohol, expect to be set back to phase 1.

-raster

greebles
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 31

Alcohol is about the worst thing for the diet, so once you slip up and drink alcohol, expect to be set back to phase 1.

has anyone added alcohol back in to their diet? after how long? I’ll be damned if I can’t have a drink or two at my graduation! The only thing I really miss about this diet is the occasional drink..

Ashlay
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 57

I’d wait until your cured before even attempting a sip of alcohol to be honest.

I haven’t touched a drop of alcohol for 4 months now, and I don’t miss it one bit. I used to drink pretty heavily, and at one point when the depression was at its worst I’d class myself as a mild alcoholic, which unknown to me at the time was feeding my problem even further.

Himawari
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 65

raster wrote: It can take as long as 6-18 months to fully recover from candida overgrowth. I agree with what able said about being symptom free when you start phase 2; if you start it too early, your body won’t be strong enough to fight off the candida that feeds on these foods.

I cheated for a week straight after 4 months when I went on a trip to LA. It set me back about a week in my recovery but I was able to get over any ill effects.

-raster

Raster, I’m interested how badly you “cheated” if a week of not following the diet only set you back a week in your recovery (whereas drinking alcohol would put you back to square one).

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I went to LA for a week after 4 months into the diet on the forum. I ate potatoes frequently (hash browns, french fries), various types of rice (can’t remember if brown or not), pork sausages, fried chicken (breaded), a hot dog (once) with bread, various fruits once or twice, potato chips, and even a slice of apple pie (with sugar and wheat crust).

However, I stuck to my original diet as much as possible during this time; I ate the pumpkin pie muffin bread, greek yogurt, and stuck to my meat plus buckwheat (rice is closest thing) meals as good as possible. I ate salads as much as possible as well.

I had pretty bad bowel movements and reactions while I ate these foods, but I only experienced a little bit of mucous production outside of this. I didn’t feel like I felt before the trip until 1-2 weeks after I got back.

I don’t recommend cheating unless there are special circumstances where you pretty have got to cheat.

-raster

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Timeline…..’ is closed to new replies.