Three months on the diet and feeling worse, please help

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Three months on the diet and feeling worse, please help

This topic contains 60 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Keya 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #100115

    Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

    The tea tree oil can be irritating, i’d stop this and try greek yogurt applications or frozen insertions…thankfully ive never had to try this but supposed to work well.

    I think green tea would still you give some energy and would be a better option.

    I had never missed my period before the diet. Im not sure of the exact cause but the first time i was 3 months late, it returened a day after a b12 shot, little red meat, and multi vitamin with iron. I wasnt anemic before but when i starved the candida with diet i guess it fed on whatever it could. then i learned apo-lactoferrin is better since it prevents you from excreting iron instead of feeding the yeast with mv/iron. The apo-lacto kept my cycle regular for several months until recently i was 3 weeks late. It came back this month 8 hrs after acupuncture and a week after increasing copper foods/stopping molybdenum. Check your calorie intake as well.

    My theory is my body was in such a funk and i didnt even know it. now im eating healing foods and my body is telling me whats wrong when i eat something i shouldnt. I feel so much more alive and healthy even if my cycle is not regular…hopefully my body is diverting all resources to heal the gut… Good thoughts anyway
    I feel like im waking up from being a zombie…literally
    I zipped through the grocery today (2nd visit) picking up my veggies and noticed everyone else slowly moping around loading up on proccesed garbage and realized i was justlike them only a few months ago.

    #100454

    Keya
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 68

    Able900;38611 wrote: [
    Fortunately it’s winter right now and shipped packages are not normally kept in a warm area anywhere along the line. Make the company guarantee that it’s shipped in the ice packs that they mention, and if you can afford it, you might ask if they offer 3-day air service. If so, this should take care of the probiotic during travel time. If they don’t offer 3-day service, ask how long it would take for the pack to arrive at your address.
    If you do order it, as soon as you receive, store it in the refrigerator.

    Can you call the customs department and ask them about the probiotic passing?

    Able

    I called the customs and they said it should pass as it is a supplement and not a drug, so I’ll order it.

    Able thank you so much for your help! I’m feeling better yesterday and today after a long time, I hope it’s not temporary 🙂 My itching is not so bad and constipation and bloating have gotten better. I have reduced meat/fish to twice a week and removed all antifungals except for coconut oil. The only thing I’m struggling with is coffee, but I plan to throw it out as well.

    My concern is only am I getting enough protein. Currently I don’t have the budget to buy hemp seeds or something like that, so I was wondering if it’s enough protein to eat 2-3 eggs daily and drink about half a liter of kefir? Also, should I take some iron supplement?

    #100456

    Keya
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 68

    Emsmith;38618 wrote: The tea tree oil can be irritating, i’d stop this and try greek yogurt applications or frozen insertions…thankfully ive never had to try this but supposed to work well.

    I’m trying not to use tea tree oil anymore, I use cantarion oil only for calming down the itchiness, it’s very mild. I have also used probiotic/yogurt applications in the past, but they are more expensive than tea tree oil (at least in my country), so that’s the reason I stopped. But if my symptoms worsen again I’ll have to buy it.

    Emsmith;38618 wrote: I think green tea would still you give some energy and would be a better option.

    Green tea also contains caffeine I think. I’m drinking nettle leaf tea and lemon balm (melissa tea, it’s great btw), but I still drink one small cup of coffee in the morning, I’m really struggling with it.

    Emsmith;38618 wrote: I had never missed my period before the diet. Im not sure of the exact cause but the first time i was 3 months late, it returened a day after a b12 shot, little red meat, and multi vitamin with iron. I wasnt anemic before but when i starved the candida with diet i guess it fed on whatever it could. then i learned apo-lactoferrin is better since it prevents you from excreting iron instead of feeding the yeast with mv/iron. The apo-lacto kept my cycle regular for several months until recently i was 3 weeks late. It came back this month 8 hrs after acupuncture and a week after increasing copper foods/stopping molybdenum. Check your calorie intake as well.

    I’m really worried about missing my period, so I’m going to see a doctor about this, but I’m afraid to tell her I’m on this strict kind of diet, she will surely tell me to quit it (because doctors don’t even know about this diet), and I don’t want to quit. My calorie intake is big enough I guess because I’m getting fat :-/ I really eat a lot, but then I guess I’m missing iron?

    Emsmith;38618 wrote: My theory is my body was in such a funk and i didnt even know it. now im eating healing foods and my body is telling me whats wrong when i eat something i shouldnt. I feel so much more alive and healthy even if my cycle is not regular…hopefully my body is diverting all resources to heal the gut… Good thoughts anyway
    I feel like im waking up from being a zombie…literally
    I zipped through the grocery today (2nd visit) picking up my veggies and noticed everyone else slowly moping around loading up on proccesed garbage and realized i was justlike them only a few months ago.

    I know the feeling in the grocery store! I’m looking at people like they are crazy buying all this junk and chips and sweetened juices, and I’m thinking to myself: “Are they aware what are they doing to their bodies with all this toxins?!” :))) And then I remember what kind of junk I used to buy not so long ago 😀

    #101495

    Keya
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 68

    My recovery has been good for 2 days only and then it all went back to old symptoms. Itching and bloating mostly, constipation has been better. I will order the probiotic with DDS-1 strain this week as soon as my paycheck arrives. I’m doing everything as to the strict diet, my only cheat is a cup of black coffee daily, I know I should throw it out, but I just don’t have the strenght to do it 🙁 Without it I’m literally a zombie.

    Currently I’m taking:
    2000mg vitamin C
    7-9 teaspoons of coconut oil
    600mg biotin
    two pills of milk thistle
    half a liter to liter of kefir daily (I’m doing kefir every day)
    probiotics 48 billion CFU, 9 strains (sometimes I take 70 billion)(as soon as my DDS-1 probiotic arrives, I’ll replace it)

    These couple of weeks have been very hard on me because I see no progress at all, and I noticed some other symptoms/problems that I didn’t have before:

    -rash on my arm (but it isn’t itchy), I haven’t had it since I was a kid, and I don’t have rashes anywhere except vaginal area
    -broken and damaged nails, my nails were fine before
    -pimples on my face
    -I’m still gaining weight (I was always thin before no matter what I ate)
    -I’m constantly bloated, my yoga teacher asked me if I was pregnant the other day 🙁

    Could it be just the die-off symptoms, and that my body is telling me I’m getting better although I’m feeling worse? I’m very worried about all of this.

    I took my tests this week again – uretra, urine and stool, I’ll have the results in about 10 days.

    Also, I’m taking didrogesterone pills (womens hormone pills) to induce my period (I haven’t had it for 3 months). Will it hurt my diet?

    Thanks to everyone willing to help.

    #101523

    Kag
    Member
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

    Keya, what age are you, if you don’t mind my asking? You could be in perimenopause. This will also cause crazy fluctuations in your hormones and problems with yeast. Did a doctor prescribe the hormones for the missed periods and if so, did the doctor do a full gynecological exam? Bloating and weight gain can be symptoms of hormones fluctuations and some gynecological disorders.

    #101535

    Keya
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 68

    Kag;40026 wrote: Keya, what age are you, if you don’t mind my asking? You could be in perimenopause. This will also cause crazy fluctuations in your hormones and problems with yeast. Did a doctor prescribe the hormones for the missed periods and if so, did the doctor do a full gynecological exam? Bloating and weight gain can be symptoms of hormones fluctuations and some gynecological disorders.

    I’m 27, so I shouldn’t be in any kind of menopause I think. This problems with period and bloating started along with the diet few months ago, and the problems with yeast started about 5 years ago. My doctor did an ultrasound and it’s all ok down there, but she didn’t check my hormones or anything like that. Now I’m worried about all of this, it’s not normal for my body to behave like that.

    #101558

    Kag
    Member
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

    Yeah Keya, I am sure that it isn’t perimenopause then, you would be too young. That is good that your doctor did an ultrasound. Did they do a pap smear and check your ovaries? If the doctor checked and you were good, then I think you are probably right and it probably is the yeast. I wouldn’t worry too much… It is good that you have a doctor who is on top of things.

    #101569

    Keya
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 68

    Kag;40061 wrote: Yeah Keya, I am sure that it isn’t perimenopause then, you would be too young. That is good that your doctor did an ultrasound. Did they do a pap smear and check your ovaries? If the doctor checked and you were good, then I think you are probably right and it probably is the yeast. I wouldn’t worry too much… It is good that you have a doctor who is on top of things.

    I did my pap smear and it’s clear, and she checked my ovaries with an ultrasound. Maybe my hormone levels are not in order, I don’t know…I had the yeast for years and never felt this bad, I’m worried I didn’t disrupt something in my body. Anyways, thanks for your help 🙂

    #101577

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    Keya;40072 wrote: Maybe my hormone levels are not in order

    Hormones become “out of order” during a Candida infestation, even a fairly mild overgrowth can cause a disturbance in the hormone amounts.

    Currently I’m taking:
    2000mg vitamin C

    Increase this amount to 5000 mg a day for the die-off symptoms.

    600mg biotin

    Is this mg or mcg? You were taking only 300 mcg on March 7.

    two pills of milk thistle
    probiotics 48 billion CFU, 9 strains (sometimes I take 70 billion)(as soon as my DDS-1 probiotic arrives, I’ll replace it)

    Which probiotic did you order and at what count?

    These couple of weeks have been very hard on me because I see no progress at all, and I noticed some other symptoms/problems that I didn’t have before:

    “No progress” as far as symptoms are concerned could mean that you’re experiencing more of the die-off symptoms. You should add Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate to your supplements in order to cut down on the die-off symptoms. Are you doing anything to lessen the die-off effect? Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate

    -rash on my arm (but it isn’t itchy), I haven’t had it since I was a kid, and I don’t have rashes anywhere except vaginal area

    This is probably the Candida toxins releasing via the skin, this often happens with die-off.

    -broken and damaged nails, my nails were fine before

    This is another Candida symptom. New Candida symptoms can pop up at any time while others can disappear during a Candida overgrowth until the population is more under control. Remember that you still have the Candida overgrowth.

    -pimples on my face

    This could also be die-off.

    -I’m still gaining weight (I was always thin before no matter what I ate)

    Another Candida symptom. Are you on the strict forum diet now?

    -I’m constantly bloated, my yoga teacher asked me if I was pregnant the other day

    For the bloating, try taking Betaine hydrochloride also called HCL. Take one pill following each full meal of the day.
    You can also add Swedish Digestive Bitters to your daily regimen as well for bloating and digestion. Use this about 15 minutes before your meal and the HCL after your meals. Be sure to read the instructions concerning the bitters.

    Able

    #101647

    Keya
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 68

    Able900;40080 wrote:

    600mg biotin

    Is this mg or mcg? You were taking only 300 mcg on March 7.

    It’s 600 mcg, I have misspelled it.

    Which probiotic did you order and at what count?

    I haven’t ordered yet, but I will, this one which you recommended: http://www.iherb.com/MegaFood-MegaFlora-Plus-60-Capsules-Ice/42557

    “No progress” as far as symptoms are concerned could mean that you’re experiencing more of the die-off symptoms. You should add Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate to your supplements in order to cut down on the die-off symptoms. Are you doing anything to lessen the die-off effect? Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate

    I’m taking Milk Thistle. There’s no Molybdenum here in Croatia, but I’ll try to order it. Not sure if they’ll allow it to enter the country, though.

    -I’m still gaining weight (I was always thin before no matter what I ate)

    Able900;40080 wrote: Another Candida symptom. Are you on the strict forum diet now?

    I’m on the strict forum diet from March 1st. The only thing I’m doing wrong, as I mentioned before, is a cup of black coffee once a day.

    For the bloating, try taking Betaine hydrochloride also called HCL. Take one pill following each full meal of the day.
    You can also add Swedish Digestive Bitters to your daily regimen as well for bloating and digestion. Use this about 15 minutes before your meal and the HCL after your meals. Be sure to read the instructions concerning the bitters.

    Able

    Is it ok to buy a tincture of Swedish Digestive Bitters?

    Thanks for your help.

    #102146

    Scyn
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

    Yo. Damn. Are you 100% positive you have candida only and NOT SIBO? or a mix of them?.
    SIBO is just as nasty and probiotics make it worse. I would have assumed with your diet and all the antifunagls etc, you would have been doing much better after 3 months?(If it was just really candida). Thats crazy.

    Research SIBO. Might be worth looking into.

    #102158

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    I would consider increasing the amount of milk thistle you are taking. Did you get super milk thistle X? Its way better than the regular stuff…

    -raster

    #102193

    Keya
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 68

    Scyn;40649 wrote: Yo. Damn. Are you 100% positive you have candida only and NOT SIBO? or a mix of them?.
    SIBO is just as nasty and probiotics make it worse. I would have assumed with your diet and all the antifunagls etc, you would have been doing much better after 3 months?(If it was just really candida). Thats crazy.

    Research SIBO. Might be worth looking into.

    Thanks, I looked into it, but I haven’t had any of the SIBO symptoms before (my bloating and constipation appeared when I started the diet but not prior to it), and I was diagnosed with vaginal candida, so I am sure I have it as the tests tell it so. It is possible I have some other bacteria, but maybe the tests won’t show it because of the candida? Do you know with which test I can test SIBO?

    #102194

    Keya
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 68

    raster;40661 wrote: I would consider increasing the amount of milk thistle you are taking. Did you get super milk thistle X? Its way better than the regular stuff…

    -raster

    I’m using this one from Solgar (I take it twice a day): http://www.solgar.com/SolgarProducts/FP-Milk-Thistle-Vegetable-Capsules.htm

    As I can see, they both have 100mg standardized milk thistle extract with 80% silymarine. Is super milk thistle better for some reason? I can’t find it on iherb, is there somewhere else I can order it where they ship worldwide?

    #102704

    Keya
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 68

    I’m reporting on my progress (if we can call it progress, I feel it’s the opposite of progress, but oh well :P). Today I’ll receive the DDS-1 strain probiotics and Molybdenum which I ordered from iHerb (and paid the custom service almost the amount that the supplements cost me :-/). Also, I got the test of my urine, stool and uretra tested on candida and all came back negative. In the past my uretra test was positive on candida parapsilosis (I had candida only on my vaginal area), so I don’t know how it came back negative now, when I have everyday symptoms of burning and itching. That’s my main problem – burning and itching won’t go away – is it possible I still have the die-off, or the candida hasn’t died at all so these are the symptoms? I’m desperate to say the least. I’m also still bloated and sometimes constipated, but brain fog has improved.

    My plan for the upcoming period is to take the supplements I was having until now and add the DDS-1 strain probiotic and Molybdenum. It would look like this:

    Megalora Plus DDS-1 strain probiotic – 2 times daily
    Molybdenum Country Life, 150mcg – 2 times daily
    Vitamin C 1000mg – 2-3 times daily
    Biotin 300mcg – 2 times daily
    Milk Thistle 80% sylimarine – 2 times daily
    Extra virgin coconut oil – 7-9 teaspoons daily

    I’m following the strict forum diet from March 1st (prior to that period I was 3 months on the diet on which I ate meat every day, everything else was the same as the forum’s diet), with the exception of one small cup of black coffee a day, which I plan to completely avoid now that the probiotics have arrived, so that I avoid even the slightest chance of doing something wrong.

    Also, I’m considering the vaginal flush with boric acid, I’m in doubt would it do more harm than benefit, but I’m in the stage where I’m willing to do almost anything to get better. Also, I’m planning to see the doctor who specializes in urine-vaginal disorders to ask her what does she think about taking diflucan for a longer period of time (when I was using it before, it was for only a week, and I haven’t used it since summer).

    Also, I was looking for swedish digestive bitters for my bloating problem, but here in Croatia there is only a tincture that has alcohol in it, so I assume it’s not good, does anybody have some recommendation from iHerb? Also, I’m looking for HCL suggestions, thanks 🙂

    Is this a good plan? What can I improve? Why am I still experiencing the die-off? Will I ever get better? (Don’t worry, I know nobody’s able to answer the last question :D)

    Thanks to anyone willing to help 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Three months on the diet and feeling worse, please help’ is closed to new replies.