Thought on mushrooms when used as Chinese Medicine?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Thought on mushrooms when used as Chinese Medicine?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

cjtboy
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 26

So I know mushrooms are off the diet – but am curious about medicinal mushrooms (not the magical ones, ha ha)…

My acupuncturist gave me an herbal concoction that I am supposed to cook into a tea and drink – it is designed to heat me up internally. I looked at the mixture with great interest – don’t recognize most items (lots of bark, woody looking things) but i did recognize a few pieces of dried mushrooms (not sure what type).

Wondering what people here on the forum think about the mushrooms taken in this form – is it too risky or think it should be ok?

thanks

sophie
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 20

Most mushrooms are off the list but ones that have immune-boosting properties like reishi and maitake are helpful. There is a very small chance that the mold on the mushroon may trigger a reaction, but the benefits of the immune-boosting properties far outweigh that

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

cjtboy;29482 wrote: So I know mushrooms are off the diet – but am curious about medicinal mushrooms (not the magical ones, ha ha)…

My acupuncturist gave me an herbal concoction that I am supposed to cook into a tea and drink – it is designed to heat me up internally. I looked at the mixture with great interest – don’t recognize most items (lots of bark, woody looking things) but i did recognize a few pieces of dried mushrooms (not sure what type).

Wondering what people here on the forum think about the mushrooms taken in this form – is it too risky or think it should be ok?

My naturopath also has a mushroom herb concoction that he makes for customers. He gives it to people who have liver issues and have very large toxic loads…including candida sufferers I am sure. He said he would have to give it to me if I had a tough time getting over this. His concoction is also great for insomnia. Anyways, I wouldn’t worry about it because it isn’t a very large amount of mushrooms most likely. I even ate a few regular mushrooms early in the diet (last thanksgiving) and no problems for me.

It might even cause die-off so be prepared.

-raster

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Thought on mushrooms when used as Chinese Medicine?’ is closed to new replies.