This crap is taking over my life

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions This crap is taking over my life

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  candida_sucks 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

ks13
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 10

After a few months of feeling better, I’m feeling worse than ever. I know the holiday & vacation foods didn’t do me any good. I avoided starches, sugar & fruits, but since I was at other people’s houses or a resort, I wasn’t always in control of what went in the food. I also had some alcohol, but not what I would call a lot. I got food poisoning while I was out of the country, so that could be part of it.

When I was feeling good, I was using sf722 & other OTC antifungals. Ever since I switched to prescriptions like diflucan & nystatin, I’ve felt like total crap. Very depressed, anxious, short temper. I have no reason to feel this way at all & don’t know if I need to wait for the die off to start again or what to do.

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

ks13;53074 wrote: Very depressed, anxious, short temper.

These can be die-off symptoms. Anxiety and irritability are two of my mainstay die-off symptoms

ks13
    Participant

candida_sucks;53075 wrote:

Very depressed, anxious, short temper.

These can be die-off symptoms. Anxiety and irritability are two of my mainstay die-off symptoms

Maybe it’s the whole it’s gets worse before it gets better? I didn’t know if others felt better on OTC antifungals vs prescriptions.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Why did you stop the SF722?

What are you doing to detox from the toxins? What is your detox plan?

-raster

ks13
    Participant

raster;53079 wrote: Why did you stop the SF722?

What are you doing to detox from the toxins? What is your detox plan?

-raster

I met w/ a local group of ND’s. They told me they thought I’d get better results from using a script instead.

I’ve eaten paleo for a few years, so I’m basically sticking to that & trying to add more veggies. No grains, starch or sugary fruits. Supplementwise, I take a glutamine,vit C, gelatin mix every morning. I follow that with probiotics (250billion cfus), vit E, vit B, Vit D, NAC, molybdenum, l-tyrosine, chorella, zinc, fish oil, multivitamin.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Candida is opportunistic, so you getting food poisoning gave it an “in” and then if you drank that was another “in”.
    How long after the the poisoning did you start drinking (even if only ONE drink) ?

I would research how smart candida is, and how it turns into the HULK when you use lots of antifungals.

Im trying to balance my candida as we speak, but my strategy isnt to “kill” it, but to tame it.
    I dont want it going all fungal-form and angry….just yeasty-form and helpful.

ks13
    Participant

Vegan Catlady;53095 wrote: Candida is opportunistic, so you getting food poisoning gave it an “in” and then if you drank that was another “in”.
    How long after the the poisoning did you start drinking (even if only ONE drink) ?

I would research how smart candida is, and how it turns into the HULK when you use lots of antifungals.

Im trying to balance my candida as we speak, but my strategy isnt to “kill” it, but to tame it.

There’s been no drinking since the food poisoning. Things are just now “regular” again today.

I’ve done my best to rotate antifungals, so it can’t build up a resistance. Even the doc had me on diflucan for 2 weeks & then switch to nystatin. I’d guess that was more as a precaution for my liver though.

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

Vegan Catlady;53095 wrote: Im trying to balance my candida as we speak, but my strategy isnt to “kill” it, but to tame it.

While some yeasts (like S. Boulardii) can be helpful, there is no helpful form of Candida Albicans. The yeast form of it produces toxins, and the mycelial (fungal) form produces toxins. Both forms can thus become pathogenic if they exist in large enough numbers. Read page 29 of this journal article, starting with the section titled “Immunology of Candida Albicans Candida Antigens” :

Tissue Injury Induced By Candida Albicans

The yeast form has a total of 78 known toxins, while the fungal form produces an extra toxin that the yeast form does not. C. Albicans is not something you tame, it is something you kill/eliminate.

Cheers,
    CS

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

candida_sucks;53104 wrote:

While some yeasts (like S. Boulardii) can be helpful, there is no helpful form of Candida Albicans. The yeast form of it produces toxins, and the mycelial (fungal) form produces toxins. Both forms can thus become pathogenic if they exist in large enough numbers. Read page 29 of this journal article, starting with the section titled “Immunology of Candida Albicans Candida Antigens” :

The yeast form has a total of 78 known toxins, while the fungal form produces an extra toxin that the yeast form does not. C. Albicans is not something you tame, it is something you kill/eliminate.

Cheers,
    CS

Very well said.!

There isn’t beneficial form of candida albicans. During an active infection, there can be seen different germination phases. All of them are pathogenic and virulent, and all of them produce metabolites.

Candida isn’t friendly in any form.

Jorge.

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

On the other hand, everyone has candida. In that sense, candida is like the E. Coli bacterium.

Every human being has candida. On the skin, on/in all mucous membranes (mouth, throat, vagina and so on), and in the gut.

Living completely candida-free is not possible. Unless you want to spend your life in complete isolation, that is.

Vegan Catlady

All my research says you cant eliminate it. I would like links showing that killing it/eliminating it is in fact possible,please.

Vegan Catlady

candida_sucks;53104 wrote:

Cheers,
    CS

Please advise.
    I am having a difficult time reading this article, the 3 pages I read said that this doctor “cured” his patients with candida yeast extract? I must be reading this wrong!

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Vegan Catlady;53118 wrote: All my research says you cant eliminate it. I would like links showing that killing it/eliminating it is in fact possible,please.

Well, it is possible. It’s done when people need a bone-marrow transplant. During this procedure, the patient’s own bone marrow is destroyed first. But then the immune system is largely destroyed, leaving the patient extremely vulnerable to even the most innocuous bacteria and viruses.

Therefore, the patient must live in a medical isolation tent until the grafted bone marrow starts to function.

Refer to http://www.sciencephoto.com/media/253149/view for a short description.

The picture below shows how you’d have to live the rest of your life if you really would succeed at getting rid of all your commensal candida, and if you would like to stay candida-free.

Vegan Catlady

Floggi;53123 wrote:

All my research says you cant eliminate it. I would like links showing that killing it/eliminating it is in fact possible,please.

Well, it is possible. It’s done when people need a bone-marrow transplant. During this procedure, the patient’s own bone marrow is destroyed first. But then the immune system is largely destroyed, leaving the patient extremely vulnerable to even the most innocuous bacteria and viruses.

Therefore, the patient must live in a medical isolation tent until the grafted bone marrow starts to function.

Refer to http://www.sciencephoto.com/media/253149/view for a short description.

The picture below shows how you’d have to live the rest of your life if you really would succeed at getting rid of all your commensal candida, and if you would like to stay candida-free.

Well. Good to know. Horrified, but otherwise educated,lol.

I have read so many hours of conflicting information.
    Some people claim that candida is in EVERYBODY, while others claim its NOT and only a percentage (usually around 25-30%) have it.

Some people claim candida is the yeast that cleans up excess sugar, other people claim candida has nothing to do with it.

Some people claim because a medical doctor/scientist hasnt SAID anything about candida being natural, it must only be harmful; but in all my years and dozens of doctors later, not a single one even acknowledges candida as any problem at all.
    This includes doctors treating my diabetic family members…which surprised the hell out of me.

This topic is so creepy that sometimes I have to walk away from it, or I have nightmares.

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

Vegan Catlady;53118 wrote: All my research says you cant eliminate it. I would like links showing that killing it/eliminating it is in fact possible,please.

The point is to return your body to homeostasis and it will keep the candida in check on its own. Thats why we take antifungals and reduce sugar intake- to slow the growth of candida and make unfavorable circumstances for it. In a normal body candida can exist in small numbers but is kept in check. By taking antifungals and reducing sweets you’re lightening the burden on your immune system and body.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘This crap is taking over my life’ is closed to new replies.