the Pill

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Verxea 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

sonic77
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hi, so I’ve read that the pill is a major cause in candida overgrowth. What is the alternative to it? Can the Nuvaring be used to replace it or will it have the same effect? thanks

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

sonic77 wrote: Hi, so I’ve read that the pill is a major cause in candida overgrowth. What is the alternative to it? Can the Nuvaring be used to replace it or will it have the same effect? thanks

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but NuvaRing contains estrogen which is absorbed into the vagina when the NuvaRing is inserted, and estrogen is the main problem with birth control pills.

Able

greebles
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 31

I’m on nuvaring as well. It works well for me but I’ve read its one of the worst ones because although it is low hormone, it is a steady dosage all the time. I haven’t gone off it yet, so I’m really hoping I can fight this while remaining on it. I am, however looking into an IUD but they are not available yet in canada. good luck!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There are other non-pharmeceutical birth control options out there…

greebles
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 31

The only other non-pharmaceutical birth control options that come to my mind are:

calendar methods (in which you have to abstain from sex for 17 days out of the cycle if you want to be certain, and there is no certainty)

condoms (not controlled by females, always complained about by males)

diaphragms + spermicides (which must be used together) – diaphragms are good, but spermicides can cause lacerations which aid in infection and spread in STI’s & many are allergic

female condoms – usually must be held in place, and squeaky

yet this is a separate plight for females !

/rant

Verxea
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

Hi Greebles,

I’m having the same difficulties finding a suitable birth control (that doesn’t totally kill the moment) and doesn’t feed the candida at the same time. I did a web search and it seems the options are pretty limited. The pill, the patch, the shot, IUD, etc. etc. all contain hormones. There are copper IUDs, but the copper apparently also creates problems with the candida. So that leaves us with condoms, female condoms, diaphragms, charting (wouldn’t rely on that) and the most promising looking one the femcap.

Here’s the link to it if you want to check it out
    http://femcap.com/

The femcap is apparently 92-98% effective. Not sure why there is such a large range. I don’t know how comfortable I am with 92%, but I think, if used properly and with spermicide (you can get natural spermicide too apparently) it is 98%. Oh and it can be left in for 48 hours. Not sure if it’s noticeable up there or not, but I guess it’s better than the other options. I’m going off the pill and maybe thinking of getting one. Does anyone else on the forum have any experience with one of these maybe?

I hope this helps. I know it isn’t ideal, but oh well :

Verxea

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘the Pill’ is closed to new replies.