The FDA oppression of stevia; corporate interest above health concerns

Home The Candida Forum Candida Research The FDA oppression of stevia; corporate interest above health concerns

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  hope4eva77 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

“The circumstances surrounding this FDA approval of stevia reveal yet again the true loyalties of the agency. When stevia threatened the profits of aspartame, it was routinely suppressed by the agency. FDA thugs seized imports of stevia at the border, destroyed millions of dollars in stevia products, threatened companies with fines for daring to sell stevia, and even ordered one company to destroy its recipe books that mentioned stevia in dessert recipes. But now, when Coca-Cola and Pepsi want stevia approved, the FDA suddenly reverses its oppression and decides to legalize the herb.

Again, this is a rare case where the FDA’s decision benefits consumers, but the circumstances behind the decision were in no way motivated by consumer interest. They were motivated by corporate profits.”

http://www.naturalnews.com/News_000626_stevia_Truvia_FDA.html

The actual FDA report where they STILL dont fully approve of stevia:

http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/Transparency/Basics/ucm214864.htm

Need I say more? Things like this should make us think about the role of blindly accepting authority, especially when it concerns our health.

And yes this is relevant to candida as the once controversial and presumably ‘dangerous’ stevia is now our main healthy sweetener.

mellow
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 8

Yes you are completely right Cris I used to work for a natural product company and the regulations that they have are completely ridiculouse, and yet new hard core drugs like antidrepressants that have a million side effects and can be fatal seem to come out every other month. Where is their testing for that?!!

http://www.naturalnews.com/ rocks 🙂

-Peace

Chris24

Really? Im curious. What kind of regulations?

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

well let me just say my thoughts about the FDA. i am pissed at them right now anyway..and not even about this..

for one, they are trying to put STRICT restrictions on the sale of herbs. the reason is, they are not getting any money from the sales. thats why prescription drugs are pushed so much. RX have killed people..herbs have NEVER killed but yet FDA wants to make it difficult or next to impossible to get them. if they succeed, that will be a total loss for our country at about 5.6 million dollars plus the loss of jobs. it would overwhelm this country. talking about a recession.

So probably since they didnt have there hands in the cookie jar with Stevia…they wanted to put a stop to it. i am sure somehow when they halted it, they worked out a deal to get $$ from the sales..hence allowing it to be put on the market. I trust the FDA as far as i can spit. It is not about safety, its about the money they can get.

Chris24

Yep, if the FDA says ‘go that way’, go the opposite way.
    They approve fluconazole, which wrecked my health, and condemn and spread utter bullshit about my water purification drops, which is the only thing keeping me healthy and improving right now, even while being on a normal diet. If they cant make money out of it, they dont want it. And we take that for authority?

It is time we understand that corporations are not created to work in our best interest in the same way a government will not choose health for its citizens if it means cutting in its economy. You have to create problems to create profit. Thats just how it works. We have to be our own authority. There is no big daddy out there who is allknowing and allmighty about whats good for us (take doctors), although we like to believe in such an ideal authority that we can trust without question. There is no such thing. Though, the ‘safety’ of belonging to the consensus of the masses is just human nature.

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

i agree Chris. If the FDA oks it, its not good…so if they hate it..its gotta be ok..thats what i think. i really hate those people. ran across an article today somewhere about the FDA needed an overhaul back yrs ago..and it hasnt had one and is a total mess.

I will post it later when i get it off of the site i posted it on..

420biker
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 38

The problem with the FDA is that it is owned by the pharmacuetical companies, the cancer industry and the cigarette industry.. its all the same group of assholes. They make HUGE profits from people getting sick and needing chemo and drugs. They also have a goal of killing off 95% of the population.

They ban everything that is healthy, especially if they arent able to patent and profit from it. This is why marijuana is illegal too… it cures cancer in no time at all with no side effects, works better than sleeping pills, works better than anything for pain, and it is less harmful to us then most foods we commonly consume.

The government cant do anything to fix this mess because people keep voting for the FDA… everytime they either vote NDP or conservative (and the 2 big parties in the states)… well guess what, the FDA owns both of those! So it does not matter which one you vote for, until we all vote for Ron Paul in the states, and green party in canada, the FDA will always be free to keep making herbal medicine illegal and they will keep spending millions of the countries money on patenting toxic substances for human consumption.. just so it can drive the cost of health care even higher. These people are what is wrong with the world today.

By the way did you know that 9:11 was a setup by the united states government in order to start wars for no reason other than profit? http://www.911clues.com

Every time a bomb is dropped the people who sell the bomb make hundreds of thousands of dollars for selling the bomb to the states… well those same people are behind it all, its all about Wall Street, the Bilderbergers, the elite, the KKK (klu klux klan). These are the terrorists, not the 3rd world countries that cant even afford to make nuclear weapons. If you look on youtube there is more and more CIA and former CIAs all the time that are coming forward with the truth about the war and the corruption of the government. Their goal is to make the dollar so low that we are working as slaves and to eventually join all of north american dollars together (one world government).

http://www.infowars.com
    http://www.zeitgeist.com for more facts and information.

CantThinkOfAUsername
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 4

Doggiemama;20714 wrote: well let me just say my thoughts about the FDA. i am pissed at them right now anyway..and not even about this..

for one, they are trying to put STRICT restrictions on the sale of herbs. the reason is, they are not getting any money from the sales. thats why prescription drugs are pushed so much. RX have killed people..herbs have NEVER killed but yet FDA wants to make it difficult or next to impossible to get them. if they succeed, that will be a total loss for our country at about 5.6 million dollars plus the loss of jobs. it would overwhelm this country. talking about a recession.

It’s already happened in Europe where the drug companies got their way. After supplying contaminated herbal drugs to some doctors for use in conditions where the herbs were never intended or traditionally used, many of the patients became seriously ill. However the investigation into that was never made public in order to cover the drug companies of any blame. Then they used that as an example of what damage herbal products can do. Guess who chairs and oversees the regulation of herbal products in Europe? Drug company representatives. It’s their say so if a product is allowed. Talk about vested interests!

I am not a practitioner but I was purchasing wholesale herbal products from a herb supplier for close on 20 years. Now, since the THMPD came into effect, they ask me whether I am a registered practitioner because they can only sell to them. Fortunately they don’t do any checking because I believe they are only covering themselves and showing that they are working to the necessary guidlines so that their business isn’t adversely effected or closed.

Corporate interests come before anything else.

So probably since they didnt have there hands in the cookie jar with Stevia…they wanted to put a stop to it. i am sure somehow when they halted it, they worked out a deal to get $$ from the sales..hence allowing it to be put on the market. I trust the FDA as far as i can spit. It is not about safety, its about the money they can get.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

dont ever trust what is fda approved ! thank god for stevia without it we would only have poisonous aspartame and splenda ,aspartame is so hazardous it can kill u !it should be outlawd !as a matter of fact it was in the 80s but ofcourse they brought it back to make profits ,the main concern of the FDA is to make money and that involves keeping the people sick and spending money on cures that dont work !i would order stevia from another damn country if i had to those pieces of shit dont care !the agenda is to keep us sick and spending money it is the sad tragic truth ,please do not ever believe anything the fda or even the insurance companies and always question what the doctors say as well modern medicine is extremely toxic make sure that what they give u is worth the risks !

hope4eva77

and yes they would love to regulate herbs here those pieces of shit they are walking demons ! preaying we never see the day that they can regulate herbs or the internet !!!!!!

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Stevia is now sold under a lot of names and they aren’t necessarily from the plant but a synthetic version that has been “created”. There have been many studies in Asia that have shown that stevia does not have carcinogenic effects in rats at ANY level of ingestion. Since stevia is 100 to 300 times sweeter than sugar, you need very little to sweeten your beverages or desserts. As a matter of fact, stevia derives its sweetness from glycosides one of which is stevioside which has been shown to have antifungal properties in some lab tests. I know people who have been ingesting stevia for 30+ years and I am pretty sure if there was a problem with it, we would know by now.

hope4eva77

That’s why I make sure I buy stevia in the raw only ingredient is the rebiana plant

commited2win
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 7

Yes, I am well versed with how the FDA operates and I am disgusted by it. There are medical professionals who are trying to fight back (and even well-versed in natural healing too), but unless the general public is informed they will continue to use scare tactics and legislation to block the use of herbs for healing.

Fun fact: I was speaking to an international organic food company that was thinking of new obscure grains and alternative ingredients to use in their everyday snack products. When I asked them about stevia, they said it was a big issue in their country as well, and that even if they managed a cooperation with a supplier big companies like Coke Cola had already claimed acres worth of fields, which creates a demand that compromises the rate and method of production. They said they only way they could incorporate stevia in their business model was if they found honest, organic growers to partner with and if the regulations were lifted.

That said, I order my stevia in the form of whole, dried leaves directly from Central American growers. I don’t trust any refined versions of stevia on the market.

hope4eva77

that sounds great how and where do u order leaves ? i plan on growing my own this spring .if u can post a link to where u order from thatd be great or is this only in your area ?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘The FDA oppression of stevia; corporate interest above health concerns’ is closed to new replies.