The dreaded first day.

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals The dreaded first day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gladsome 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

nicole13
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 18

This is my first day back on the cleanse/diet in over a year. I honestly don’t remember being this HUNGRY the first time around. I’ve already found myself thinking…”how in the hell did I go two months eating like this before?” I am writing this while I choke down my green smoothie consisting of swiss chard, cucumber, lemon, and ginger. YUMMY!Not even seven hours in and I have already had a fiber and bentonite shake, two cucumber, two bowls of steamed veggies with avocado, a green smoothie, and about 50 ounces of water. The hunger is REAL! Not going to lie I’m already craving fruit but I will NOT give in. I’m wondering how many people spend the first days of this cleanse shoveling greens in their mouth. I have a feeling I will be paying for this tomorrow if you know what I mean. So far I’ve only experienced a mild headache on and off. I assume the rest of my day will consist of more steamed veggies, water, and another bentonite shake along with the recommended liver flush. BLEH! Enough of my mindless ranting. I’ve got a loooong road ahead of me.

helpme101
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

“I myself battle with skin issues. When I completed the cleanse last time my rashes , dry skin, and eczema completely went away! As soon as I went back to my old eating habits my rashes returned. Our skin is our largest organ and I have read that rashes are our bodies way if trying to detox and did our bodies of toxins! “

Hey you had posted this on my post, can you please tell me what your diet is? and How long did it take you and what your daily habit is? I am really interested, I have similar skin problems and I am going into my final year at my university and want to get this over with before I go into the working field! Thank you so much.

Also what were your symptoms?! Thank you, you can msg me if you can

gladsome
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 11

Hi Nicole,

I began my diet 2 weeks ago, leaving the health food store (after spending a bundle), ripping open a package of dried seaweed. At the time I thought it was the most delicious thing in the world because I felt like I was starving. So, I can relate.

I found a good recipe for almond muffins on Elana’s Pantry that satisfy. I think they are gluten free only and call for honey (if I remember correctly), but I just put stevia in instead. I also love her avocado dressing for my salads. SO much better than just vinegar and oil. I have even put it on my chicken and broccoli at dinner. Even my husband likes it.

I am quite sure it is OK, and you may have to test it first, but my favorite smoothie is a must for me in order to make it through the afternoon. It is simple.

One scoop of NOW egg white protein powder [eggwhite powder (Instantized), Xylitol, Natural Vanilla Flavors, BetterStevia, Natural Citrus Flavor and Soy Lecithin (<1%)] with one cup of Living Harvest unsweetened vanilla hempmilk, 3-4 drops of stevia, and as much ice as you like. Put in the blender and enjoy!

I use the hempmilk just for the smoothies, because it has more fat (8g) than my coconut milk and that makes the smoothies better.

I have made some recipes that went in the waste basket. I have never been much for cooking and baking (so no surprise to me that I finally have to pay the Piper!), but I am learning now. I am trying and spend a little time every day researching or trying a new recipe.

Oh yes, almond crackers. Also I believe on Elana’s website. I think almond flour will be my lifesaver…along with avocados!

I hope this helps. God bless!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘The dreaded first day.’ is closed to new replies.