The Cleanse!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions The Cleanse!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  alexalgebra 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Porterb
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I’m on my second day of the cleanse and I’m really struggling on what to eat. I know what foods I can eat, but does anyone have any recipes or meal plans just for the cleanse? Would be really helpful

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I’m a fan of mashed cauliflower, like mashed potatoes. Steam half a head of cauliflower (or as much as you want, really), then blend with olive oil, sea salt, and cracked pepper. Don’t try to just fork-mash…the texture usually comes out gross. A blender or food processor is pretty necessary for this.

Since you’re probably eating quite a few salads, varying the spices in your dressing can at least help maintain interest. I used a base of extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, cracked pepper, and lemon or lime juice, then rotated between cayenne, dill, cumin/paprika, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning blend, and fresh herbs (usually dill or oregano). I found that after a few days of the cleanse, my palate started refining, so I noticed more interesting subtleties. Some people with leaky gut report having a hard time with cayenne and even paprika, so use caution until you know how you’ll respond.

There might be recipes for the cleanse on the recipe board, as well.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Bieler broth! The recipe is on the forum. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘The Cleanse!’ is closed to new replies.