The battle goes on!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions The battle goes on!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi guys,
    last week I was able to enjoy 3 days of symptom free space. It was like breaking through in happiness. It was itching in my fingers to write the happy news that I am through with the die-off and enter the healing process. A little voice told me to wait and I should not judge the day before the evening. And surly enough yesterday and today was a day of suffering. A lot of the symptoms hit me strongly back.

Have you guys experienced that you have a break for some days and think the battle is done and the victory is near and then, wham the enemy strikes you with a full battery of symptoms. I didn’t change anything from my still going strong phase 1 diet. I only used more of the coconut oil/fat for frying things and less of the olive oil I usually use for cooking.

all the best to you all, I hope you all feel a bit better!
    yours
    Thomas

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Oh Thomas, my friend… I was thinking about you that you’d gone very quiet and was hoping that was a good sign! Firstly, I’m delighted you had a welcome break from the symptoms and secondly I’m sorry for you that returned even stronger. I’m having a very tough week, as you may have read, but the main thing that I’m holding on to is that I now know 100% that this diet does work. I experienced over 2 weeks completely symptom free and a real easing before that even. For me it was a stupid decision on my part that kick started these strong reactions/ die off now but at least I know it will pass. Maaybe you caused the return by increasing the coconut oil (I’m no expert) but at least you know you can in the future get further breaks from the symptoms.

Please let us know how you get on over the next few days.

Lucy x

Thomas

Lucylu wrote: Oh Thomas, my friend… I was thinking about you that you’d gone very quiet and was hoping that was a good sign! Firstly, I’m delighted you had a welcome break from the symptoms and secondly I’m sorry for you that returned even stronger. I’m having a very tough week, as you may have read, but the main thing that I’m holding on to is that I now know 100% that this diet does work. I experienced over 2 weeks completely symptom free and a real easing before that even. For me it was a stupid decision on my part that kick started these strong reactions/ die off now but at least I know it will pass. Maaybe you caused the return by increasing the coconut oil (I’m no expert) but at least you know you can in the future get further breaks from the symptoms.

Please let us know how you get on over the next few days.

Lucy x

Thank you Lucylu for your kind thoughts and words. Yes, this too is my faith in darkness that my body actually is able to feel good. Even it is only for some hours or like some days last week. The body is in the battle towards getting healed and is not a enemy to us, like the doctors like to tell while fighting symptoms the evil body is throwing against us. No, we will prevail and go through that. Let us only forget that when we are healed to help others out of the misery.
    yours Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Greetings my good friend.

I’m so very sorry that some of your symptoms have returned – but as you and Lucy have both pointed out, you’ve experienced a beautiful glance into your future which you now know will be filled with healthy and well-feeling days. What a beautiful knowing that revelation was as it will see you through the rougher times. I believe this is the way of the Universe; to show that there is indeed a real reason to, as we Americans say, “Hang in there” and continue to work towards that beautiful future.

Thomas, I would be very interested in knowing what the symptoms are which have returned so stubbornly as I’d like to analyze the situation thoroughly to see if I can shed a bit of light on the reasons behind it all.

Thank you so much for keeping us posted as we want to be aware all of the changes that our friends are going through during the treatment, both good and bad. With each report, you are helping us to help others in the future. So thank you and Lucy and all the others who are willing to share your stories.

Able

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Thomas, I’m so sorry and I feel your frustrations. We are trying so hard to be good and beat this devil. May I ask what the symptoms are that your feeling/seeing that you know it is back? I found out I had candida when given antibiotics and ended up with thrush. So I’m not sure what they symptoms are that you can tell your having a reaction?

Your in my prayers.

Thomas

Thank you dear friends, it feels very good to hear from you seeing that you care!

I am going to write down a personal and full list of my symptoms.

When I write my food journal I write the time, the food eaten, the additional stuff I take like minerals, vitamins, GFSE, swedish bitters etc, then I write down the how I feel level. In symptoms I list the strength of symptoms between level 1 to 4 where 1 is easy level of reaction and 4 is the worst kind of suffering I know. A smily would mean that I am totally free of symptoms.
    So, Able if you ever want to know from me what I eat, at hour and what day and how I felt from hour to hour I actually could write it down for you.

My sympthoms:

Panic attack full blown involving even the mind
    Panic of the body, that is a feeling of blood boiling, or running ants under the skin. Restlessness and stress in the entire body.
    Palpations of the heart, with a tight feeling around it.
    Pain in the stomach much like someone pressing with a thump from the inside out. Directly under the navel.
    A feeling I called “poison” it feels like poison is running trough me. I feel like having a flu or see sickness or food poisoning. Strange to explain.
    Brain fog, it feel like I had one or two glass of red wine.
    Affected eyes, my seeing is than more blurred than usual, bad nightvision
    itchy eyes, like I would have sand in my eyes.
    red inflammation on the skin on spots at the body like the leg. These can be there for a year and then suddenly they disappear and move to another spot. Usually they are round in size.
    Anus itching, different strengh, from little annoying to strong inflammation. In such way that the doctor thought that he saw a boiled skin which has lost the first layer of skin.
    Sometime the guts release a itching and white slime, which looks like the white of the egg white in a chicken egg.
    Bubbling in the stomach, gas from the stomach, diarrhoea or constipation.
    Then very annoying is a feeling of having a drop of urine coming out without me wanting it. Sometimes a burning sensation while urinating.
    Muscles are tighten up. It feels like walking with very heavy legs.
    Easy out of breath while walking the dog. No much energy. Cold hands and sometimes feeling of I have to lay down or I fall. No sex drive at all.

I was symptoms free for 3 days and that meant a lot to me as you can Imagen.

What I got back after these nice 3 days where muscle tension even in the night cramps in the calfs on one leg. The feeling of pee coming into my trouser without me wanting it. Light dizziness. Anus itching in moderate strength. Heart palpations. Blurred vision. Light stomach problems. Cold hands and a small feeling of poison going through my body. All of these symptoms where light only the anus skin reaction got a number 2 on my scale.

all the best to you
    Thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I have noticed days of the symptoms returning myself over the last 6 months. Recently this last week it was a pretty strong period where some nagging symptoms returned; fatigue, forgetfullness, lack of energy, general malaise, etc. It was because I didn’t sleep very well.

I’d say that for every month I have been on the diet, the symptoms came back in less frequency and strength, so it only improves in time. Now I rarely really feel them.

When I slept for 4 days straight really good during thanksgiving break…it was the biggest period of healing for me. You really need to get your rest when fighting candida and it should be one of the highest priorities. I felt really great and strong…

-Raster

Thomas

raster wrote: I have noticed days of the symptoms returning myself over the last 6 months. Recently this last week it was a pretty strong period where some nagging symptoms returned; fatigue, forgetfullness, lack of energy, general malaise, etc. It was because I didn’t sleep very well.

I’d say that for every month I have been on the diet, the symptoms came back in less frequency and strength, so it only improves in time. Now I rarely really feel them.

When I slept for 4 days straight really good during thanksgiving break…it was the biggest period of healing for me. You really need to get your rest when fighting candida and it should be one of the highest priorities. I felt really great and strong…

-Raster

you have a real good point here raster. I got very little sleep in the time when the symptoms came back. Then I noticed too that they are not so strong any more and don’t last as long. So all in all I believe its going better and better.

yours
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator

Thomas wrote: My sympthoms:
    Panic of the body, that is a feeling of blood boiling, or running ants under the skin. Restlessness and stress in the entire body.
    Pain in the stomach much like someone pressing with a thump from the inside out. Directly under the navel.
    A feeling I called “poison” it feels like poison is running trough me. I feel like having a flu or see sickness or food poisoning. Strange to explain.
    red inflammation on the skin on spots at the body like the leg. These can be there for a year and then suddenly they disappear and move to another spot. Usually they are round in size.
    Anus itching, different strengh, from little annoying to strong inflammation. In such way that the doctor thought that he saw a boiled skin which has lost the first layer of skin.
    Sometime the guts release a itching and white slime, which looks like the white of the egg white in a chicken egg.
    Then very annoying is a feeling of having a drop of urine coming out without me wanting it. Sometimes a burning sensation while urinating.
    Easy out of breath while walking the dog. No much energy. Cold hands and sometimes feeling of I have to lay down or I fall. No sex drive at all.

Greetings, Thomas.

Quote: “Sometime the guts release a itching and white slime, which looks like the white of the egg white in a chicken egg.”

Reply: Thomas, this sounds like the reports I’ve read on how dead Candida look in human stool samples during a course of antifungals and probiotics. This leads me to believe that all the other symptoms are also coming from die-off. Even blurry vision and depression (which can lead to panic attacks) as well as your heart racing and muscle tightness are all indications of die-off toxins being processed by the body.

How much of the molybdenum are you now taking? You might try soaking in a hot tub of water for about 20 minutes Monday morning to see if that helps, if so, then this was probably die-off toxins causing all the problems. Be sure to keep the water hot as the time passes, you want to perspire as much as possible.

Able

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Thomas,
    I’m so sorry that you and the others suffer the way that you do. I pray for quick healing for you friend. Stay strong, and stay with this program…it is a blessing. I hope you find time for yourself and get the rest your body needs to heal. When I was so stressed I couldn’t sleep. Would wake up at 2 and clean the house and go all day…on Mt. Dew and Coffee etc. I know I was wearing myself ragged. This diet has changed my life and shown a new light on things.

Thomas

Able900 wrote:

My sympthoms:

Greetings, Thomas.

Quote: “Sometime the guts release a itching and white slime, which looks like the white of the egg white in a chicken egg.”

Reply: Thomas, this sounds like the reports I’ve read on how dead Candida look in human stool samples during a course of antifungals and probiotics. This leads me to believe that all the other symptoms are also coming from die-off. Even blurry vision and depression (which can lead to panic attacks) as well as your heart racing and muscle tightness are all indications of die-off toxins being processed by the body.

How much of the molybdenum are you now taking? You might try soaking in a hot tub of water for about 20 minutes Monday morning to see if that helps, if so, then this was probably die-off toxins causing all the problems. Be sure to keep the water hot as the time passes, you want to perspire as much as possible.

Able

Hi Able,
    It was and is a little different with me. I wrote you down all the symptoms I had. The entire picture before I started with the diet. All these symptoms where turning around and a around until one day culminating in that panic attack. The panic attack was clearly not coming from depression-al thoughts. But the body woke me up some weeks ago freeking out and I got afraid then. First was the body then I got worried and depressed about the state of my health going down down. The white stuff which came out of the gut was before I ever started a diet and hasn’t happened any more since one year. The symptoms I now still suffer are the ones I wrote in the second part. Mainly heaviness of muscles, light pain in the stomach, air in the stomach, a feeling that a drop of urine is coming out without me wanting it, a light dizziness. (This has improved a lot, from being drunk to very little dizziness.) Light stomach pain. Light joint paints. Light to moderate itching of the anus. Light problems with heart palpations. It has turned to a much lighter state and all in all I believe its going up, slowly.

What I wondered about is if its normal to have a couple of days or hours where one feels real good and is without symptoms, and than boom, without having changed the diet. There comes a second wave and third and …and … wave of die-off phases. Is that normal?

You ask me about the Molybdate I have this one.
    http://www.metabolics.com/vmchk/Liquid-Minerals/Potassium-Molybdate-Pot-Of-90-Capsules/flypage_images.tpl.html

and I take one capsule a day, which is 1 mg. As you told me I open the capsule and take the powder over the period of the day.

yours
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Thomas.

Sorry I misunderstood your previous information. But the symptoms you’ve described can still be from die-off which I believe is what you were going through. There’s just no way you are feeding the Candida if you’re eating what I believe you are and using the antifungals.

The problem with knowing the difference between Candida and die-off symptoms is that it can be difficult at times because so many of the symptoms appear so similar. So often we just have to base a judgment call on what is happening with the patient at the time of the symptoms. In your case, you’ve been on a very strict diet for a fairly long time now.

The only difference I see in your molybdenum and the most common type we have in the states is yours is ‘potassium’ molybdenum, and ours is ‘amino acid chelate’ molybdenum.
    The word “chelate” means to combine a substance with a chemical compound which is then removed from the bloodstream of the host. I’ve not studied potassium molybdenum much, but theoretically this could be making a difference in the die-off symptoms you’re experiencing.

Douglas Laboratories makes this type which iherbs carries as well as Amazon. I know that both of these stores ship to Europe, but not certain if the list includes Ireland.

The label should state that it contains the chelate type of molybdenum.
    Example: http://www.iherb.com/Douglas-Laboratories-Molybdenum-100-Tablets/37174?at=0

Able

Thomas

Able900 wrote: Hello, Thomas.

Sorry I misunderstood your previous information. But the symptoms you’ve described can still be from die-off which I believe is what you were going through. There’s just no way you are feeding the Candida if you’re eating what I believe you are and using the antifungals.

The problem with knowing the difference between Candida and die-off symptoms is that it can be difficult at times because so many of the symptoms appear so similar. So often we just have to base a judgment call on what is happening with the patient at the time of the symptoms. In your case, you’ve been on a very strict diet for a fairly long time now.

The only difference I see in your molybdenum and the most common type we have in the states is yours is ‘potassium’ molybdenum, and ours is ‘amino acid chelate’ molybdenum.
    The word “chelate” means to combine a substance with a chemical compound which is then removed from the bloodstream of the host. I’ve not studied potassium molybdenum much, but theoretically this could be making a difference in the die-off symptoms you’re experiencing.

Douglas Laboratories makes this type which iherbs carries as well as Amazon. I know that both of these stores ship to Europe, but not certain if the list includes Ireland.

The label should state that it contains the chelate type of molybdenum.
    Example: http://www.iherb.com/Douglas-Laboratories-Molybdenum-100-Tablets/37174?at=0

Able

thank you Able! Do you think I should stop taking mine? Or is it better than nothing. It was dam expensive. I am strict on the died phase 1 and have not wavered a inch from it. I didn’t even had chicken yet. I bought one organic for Christmas. Otherwise I am very strict. I don’t have all the good stuff you guys have.
    The reactions stressing me most are now the bladder. A feeling of I have to pee all the time and a little pressure in my stomach. It could be air from the kefir, or the vegetables? Dont know but I keep going with it. Its good for me so the body better gets used to it. Maybe the kefir and the candia is fighting and I have therefore this pressure in the stomach? I havent had money enough to buy probiota yet so the kefir has to do.

thank you for all the help mate!!!!
    cheers
    Thomas

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘The battle goes on!’ is closed to new replies.