Thank You from kjones02

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Thank You from kjones02

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kag 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Even though I haven’t gotten a huge response from people; the past couple days I have read a lot of information here. I started at the beginning of the year trying to change my diet; I was successful going gluten-free, dairy-free, and artificial sweetener free. However, I realized I was still having some things that I thought were safe, but they aren’t. So, on Sunday, I did start to follow guidelines here, and I think in Ann Goch book (think that’s right). I have been eating egg whites (I really can’t tolerate the yolks), and I have been eating veggies, veggies, and the molybedum is really helping me lately. I really wish I knew about that before. It is still hard for me, and I am getting a slow start, but hopefully, I can keep on plugging along and not get too far back because I want to start feeling better. I have had quite a history that I think plagued me with this, gastroparesis (surgery for gastric pacemaker, did help though after 3 adjustments this past year), and colon removed in 2011 (think this made ibs, gas, etc. worse!). Just pray for me, and if anyone has any more advice; I appreciate it. Still young, very thin 28 year old male just trying to get better, so I can work again!!

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

One question thought to clear up? what type of brands, dosages do you all take on vitamins? I have read the about the vitamins on the forum, but nobody states clearly what they take. I do agree Able, that a lot of vitamins are either over-loaded, or don’t provide a balance. It is hard to find the right things. I have come to the conclusion that patheinine and biotin might be good for candida; I do need some extra’s b’s and iron. Also, should I be worried about the iron? Does anyone have a recommendations for iron? I have read about lactoferrin, but has anybody had any success stores from it, derived from milk, be worried?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, K.

I have read about lactoferrin, but has anybody had any success stores from it, derived from milk, be worried?

The correct supplement is Apo-lactoferrin, and not regular lactoferrin.

Lactoferrin and apo-lactoferrin are taken by people who are lactose sensitive or have an allergy to milk. This is because the lactoferrin is separated from the milk protein and fructose.
    However, a highly purified lactoferrin product should be purchased; these can be taken with confidence by those who are lactose-intolerant or have milk allergies. This probably means that you may need to pay more for a higher quality brand.

I have come to the conclusion that patheinine and biotin might be good for candida

If you’re interested in the research, here’s a post on biotin.
    Biotin and Candida

what type of brands, dosages do you all take on vitamins?

Read the following website, it should help you to make decisions concerning supplements. http://www.consumerlab.com/
    The vitamin doses are in the vitamin thread which you mentioned.

Able

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I think the key to this diet is to just stay on it and keep it up for a long enough time for your digestive system to work the way it is supposed to. It sounds like your body has been through a lot and I am sure that while you will get better, it will take some time. Thinking of you, wishing you luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Thank You from kjones02’ is closed to new replies.