Testing reactions to reintroduced foods vs die off symptoms – difference?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Testing reactions to reintroduced foods vs die off symptoms – difference?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Allira
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

I’ve just done a week long cleanse (veges only) and yesterday started probiotics, antifungals (building up on them slowly – taking 2x daily instead of 4) and reintroduced some foods – brown basmati rice and boiled eggs. All fine, I did feel a little light headed and tired yesterday which I put down to die-off.

But my question is, as I reintroduce foods, how can I tell the difference between reactions to the food and die-off symptoms?

Allira

Oh, and I do realise that rice isn’t allowed on the forum protocol, but I am following the diet my naturopath endorsed and brown rice was one of the first things I was told to reintroduce.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Reactions to food typically happen immediately after eating while die-off symptoms happen all day long or for periods of time.

-raster

Allira

ahh ok, that makes sense, thank you!

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

raster wrote: Reactions to food typically happen immediately after eating while die-off symptoms happen all day long or for periods of time.

-raster

If you are not on the diet you cant have die-off or?

My question is: If you are not yet on the diet, but feel terrible do to candida, is that because some of the candida are dying all the time or is the feeding of candida too releasing the same toxins as the dying one?

Do these have different sympthoms. Lets say someone has a terrible skin rash. He starts with the candida diet and the die-off starts. Will his skin heal and other sympthoms of the die-off will come up or will the die-off be expressed mainly through the sympthoms the person had before? In that case he would get a very terrible skin for a while and as a addition he would get brain fog and stuff?

cheers
    Thomas

Himawari
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 65

Thomas wrote:

Reactions to food typically happen immediately after eating while die-off symptoms happen all day long or for periods of time.

-raster

If you are not on the diet you cant have die-off or?

My question is: If you are not yet on the diet, but feel terrible do to candida, is that because some of the candida are dying all the time or is the feeding of candida too releasing the same toxins as the dying one?

Do these have different sympthoms. Lets say someone has a terrible skin rash. He starts with the candida diet and the die-off starts. Will his skin heal and other sympthoms of the die-off will come up or will the die-off be expressed mainly through the sympthoms the person had before? In that case he would get a very terrible skin for a while and as a addition he would get brain fog and stuff?

cheers
    Thomas

Thomas, I know this was just a theoretical scenario you posed, but since my one-and-only symptom was a rash (eczema), I figured I might as well answer.

For the first week, I noticed no die off, no symptom changes. For weeks 2-3 I had horrible die off (flu-like symptoms, brain fog, headache, dizziness, etc.), but still no skin change (for better or worse). Weeks 4-6 was some die off, skin started getting a little better. Weeks 7-8 was minimal die off, skin got much better, and since then I’ve experienced little-to-no die off symptoms, and my skin condition has for the most part been on an upward trend.

In other words, degree of improvement and degree of die off symptoms were inversely related. If we say the severity of my eczema prior to starting the diet was a 10 and completely healed is a 0, since starting the diet the number has been on a downward trend (with some fluctuation), but has never gotten larger than 10. In other words, being on the Candida diet never made my condition worse.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

You can get a reaction to food up to 48-hours after eating it. This is why so many food sensitivities go undiagnosed and why they’re so hard to identify. You need to introduce food very slowly and methodically and pay close attention to any new symptoms for the following few days. The amount of feeding the candida will be doing on the brown rice will make it hard to judge though.

Allira

I’m doing this diet for my skin. I’m not even 100% sure I have candida – the only symptom I have is psoriasis (which may or may not be related to candida). I did this diet in July and ate plenty of brown rice and got good results. My skin cleared up amazingly. However I have a major sweet tooth and fell off the wagon by going back to a high sugar diet, and I also had to take 5 lots of antibiotics recently. So I am back on this diet, as per my naturopaths advice. (An anti candida diet is one of the protocols in easing psoriasis). I am eating 1/2 cup of brown basmati rice (low GI) with coconut oil mixed in every morning and I am happy doing so, already my skin is clearing, so please don’t scrutinise my diet just because I am not following ‘The Protocol’ . It’s unfair, this message board should be for support. Everyone’s symptoms are different and so are the differences in what treatments work. I am doing what worked for me last time and what my naturopath has endorsed for ME.

Thanks for the info everyone. Its hard enough following a restricted diet without feeling like an outsider because I don’t follow everyone else’s idea of what I should be doing. I find this place pretty unwelcoming unless I am following ‘the protocol’ though, not very nice. Won’t be posting again!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Have you ever tried skin related vitamins/supplements from your naturopath? I am taking some Unda homeopathics, Cataplex E by standard process, Zypan, Zymax, and a few more because of my chronic reoccurring ringworm. My naturopath believes its because of parasites. I have been taking these supplements for just a few days but my ringworm is dying off and I feel a ton better in general. Just a thought.

-raster

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Testing reactions to reintroduced foods vs die off symptoms – difference?’ is closed to new replies.