Teff bread – storage tips?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Teff bread – storage tips?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tareq 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ldewild
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 32

I will be making the Teff bread and the recipe is a double-batch. How best to store the bread? Is room temperature okay, or should I keep in the fridge? While I eat one loaf, is it okay to store the other loaf in the freezer? I know that sometimes refrigerating or freezing the bread can actually make it taste weird, and I don’t want to ruin anything.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I store it in the fridge throughout the week and leave it in the bread pan and cover it with saran wrap. The last day it tastes a little old (6-7th day) but throughout the week it tastes fine.

You could also keep it in a giant tupperware container that can hold a loaf of bread and keep it in fridge; I do not have one of these.

-raster

ldewild

Thanks – so do you eat both loaves in one week?

raster
    Participant

It’s actually one loaf of bread…the recipe is a double recipe meaning twice as big as able’s coconut bread. His bread goes about 1/2 of an inch below the top of a bread pan, while the double recipe goes about 1 inch or more above the bread pan.

Raster’s bread picture:

ldewild

Oh – I needed that detail! I was going to make 2 loaves but I like making one big loaf instead. Thanks – hope I like this! (Other gluten-free bread I tried in the past had a weird texture that I didn’t care for.)

Tres
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 19

Hi Raster, May I have your Teff bread recipe? Thanks, Tres

raster
    Participant

tareq
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 10

You can store in Store it in an airtight container to protect it from moisture and keep the container in the refrigerator.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Teff bread – storage tips?’ is closed to new replies.