Symptoms related to candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Symptoms related to candida

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

not4sakn
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 15

First, I would like to ask how common is it to suffer from candida and none of the symptoms be stomach related by all neurological or neck and joint pain? Can one only suffer from headaches, brain fog, neck pain, and never have stomach issues from overgrowth?

Also, how common are heart palpitations with candida? My palpitations are in my head. I literally feel, not hear, my heartbeat in my head often to the point it makes my head sway with the beat. About 6-8 months ago I started having insomnia out of nowhere. Never had issues with sleeping and suddenly lie in bed for hours and my mind is racing. Not stressful thoughts, just random nonsense from a song I heard earlier or something I saw on TV just replaying over and over and over….

Shortly afterwards I started having the palpitations in my head. Ive seen a cardiologist and everything is “normal” on their end. I also have this strange twitch/jerk in my head from time to time that recently began. From dealing with all this mess thats gone unanswered for so long (headaches and neck pain for 5 years), I have started having occasional anxiety attacks. These are quite rare and I’ve read these are common with candida but I wasn’t sure about everything else, especially the jerk/tic/twitch and heart palpitations in the head or anywhere over the body.

Thanks in advance. I’m doing some research before starting the diet. I just wanted to ask a few questions first.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It’s pretty common to have symptoms not relating to candida from my experience. One thing that can help both your brain and heart health is flax oil with lignens.

Do you live with mold? I had these symptoms when I lived with mold myself…

Not everyone has stomach issues but are you constipated (1 bm or less per day?)

-raster

not4sakn
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

Besides seeing mold in the bathroom that’s about it. I had someone take a look at the few spots that appeared on my bathroom ceiling and it wasn’t black mold. It was due to moisture and the ceiling paint not being mold resistant. This is the only thing that I’m aware of.

I normally have atleast 1 bm a day which has always been that way for me. I don’t really get cramping or any other unusual stomach symptoms but occasional reflux or gas.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

not4sakn;53161 wrote: First, I would like to ask how common is it to suffer from candida and none of the symptoms be stomach related by all neurological or neck and joint pain? Can one only suffer from headaches, brain fog, neck pain, and never have stomach issues from overgrowth?

Also, how common are heart palpitations with candida? My palpitations are in my head. I literally feel, not hear, my heartbeat in my head often to the point it makes my head sway with the beat. About 6-8 months ago I started having insomnia out of nowhere. Never had issues with sleeping and suddenly lie in bed for hours and my mind is racing. Not stressful thoughts, just random nonsense from a song I heard earlier or something I saw on TV just replaying over and over and over….

Shortly afterwards I started having the palpitations in my head. Ive seen a cardiologist and everything is “normal” on their end. I also have this strange twitch/jerk in my head from time to time that recently began. From dealing with all this mess thats gone unanswered for so long (headaches and neck pain for 5 years), I have started having occasional anxiety attacks. These are quite rare and I’ve read these are common with candida but I wasn’t sure about everything else, especially the jerk/tic/twitch and heart palpitations in the head or anywhere over the body.

Thanks in advance. I’m doing some research before starting the diet. I just wanted to ask a few questions first.

Normally, people suffering an intestinal yeast overgrowth have intestinal symptoms, very severe sometimes. It may be possible to have some yeast colonies producing metabolites and controlled by the antagonistic bacterial flora. If this is your case, it is a light overgrowth that can be reduced quickly. Yeast metabolites produce many symptoms but a considerable overgrowth cause intestinal symptoms.

Jorge.

raster
    Participant

Your symptoms are the same exact ones I had when I had mold in my bathroom. I learned later that the landlord just painted over the mold in the apartment every time someone moved out, so there were layers of mold between the layers of paint.

You should get tested for mold allergies, and if they are elevated, then this might indicate that you are allergic to mold.

Mold messes you up from my experience, so don’t mess around with it. Contact your landlord, they should be required by law to clean up the mold. Even if its a little bit in the bathroom…this is like having a couple loafs of moldie bread in there just sitting.

-raster

not4sakn
    Participant

Thanks guys.

I do have mold on my bathroom ceiling but it’s small spots. I own my house so there’s no landlord. I wonder how much it would cost to have someone come out and inspect everything?

Is there a test I can have done personally to see if mold is affecting me?

not4sakn
    Participant

raster,
    Did you feel your heartbeat in your head and have random jerks? The insomnia is awful too.

not4sakn
    Participant

raster;53191 wrote: Your symptoms are the same exact ones I had when I had mold in my bathroom. I learned later that the landlord just painted over the mold in the apartment every time someone moved out, so there were layers of mold between the layers of paint.

You should get tested for mold allergies, and if they are elevated, then this might indicate that you are allergic to mold.

Mold messes you up from my experience, so don’t mess around with it. Contact your landlord, they should be required by law to clean up the mold. Even if its a little bit in the bathroom…this is like having a couple loafs of moldie bread in there just sitting.

-raster

I know this is old but I wanted to inform you that I recently had an ALCAT igg test for mold and other allergies and tested positive to mold and a few other things.

Since then I’m not staying in my house and my insomnia has improved and I’m no longer using sleep aids. Other symptoms are still lingering but I really haven’t began a treatment plan yet.

What was your protocol for mold exposure? Apparently removing myself from that environment wasn’t enough and it’s actually in my system if that makes sense.

I even had mold test plates in my house and the spores that landed on the dishes began to grow some nasty stuff.

raster
    Participant

not4sakn;59926 wrote:

Your symptoms are the same exact ones I had when I had mold in my bathroom. I learned later that the landlord just painted over the mold in the apartment every time someone moved out, so there were layers of mold between the layers of paint.

-raster

I know this is old but I wanted to inform you that I recently had an ALCAT igg test for mold and other allergies and tested positive to mold and a few other things.

Since then I’m not staying in my house and my insomnia has improved and I’m no longer using sleep aids. Other symptoms are still lingering but I really haven’t began a treatment plan yet.

What was your protocol for mold exposure? Apparently removing myself from that environment wasn’t enough and it’s actually in my system if that makes sense.

I even had mold test plates in my house and the spores that landed on the dishes began to grow some nasty stuff.

Oh crap that sounds like a mold problem. I’m glad I could help you out long ago. In general what it took for me to get better is years of treatments with my naturopath. I focused on improving my digestion, detoxing, reducing inflammation, and supporting my brain and thyroid. An alternative way to deal with allergies is to get allergy shots but my ND is against this and think there’s a bunch of junk in the shots.

Another problem is that your stuff could be contaminated with the mold too which isn’t good. I personally had to throw out my mattress and a bunch of my carpets and furniture. You can detox your clothing though, its a pain in the butt. Soak your clothing in vinegar and hot water for 1-2 hours and then wring out and then wash in washing machine. The rest of your stuff can be cleaned with vinegar and other antifungals. If you reduce histamine levels you should gain some relief.

-raster

not4sakn
    Participant

He’s got me on a few supplements, oxygen therapy which supposedly helps recover from mold quicker and a candida/anti fungal diet which is very similar to your approved food list.

My insomnia had gotten so bad that I was literally sleeping 3-6 hours out of 72. I felt miserable. Just from removing myself from my home that alone has improved drastically. I was experiencing sleep starts and hypnic jerks right as I would start to fall asleep. I’m far from normal but already seeing improvements.

raster
    Participant

not4sakn;59934 wrote: He’s got me on a few supplements, oxygen therapy which supposedly helps recover from mold quicker and a candida/anti fungal diet which is very similar to your approved food list.

My insomnia had gotten so bad that I was literally sleeping 3-6 hours out of 72. I felt miserable. Just from removing myself from my home that alone has improved drastically. I was experiencing sleep starts and hypnic jerks right as I would start to fall asleep. I’m far from normal but already seeing improvements.

It could’ve gotten a lot worse. For me it got so bad that I had seizures in my sleep, at one point I had 6+ seizures in one night. After that I decided to GTFO. It has taken me about 3+ years to feel about normal but I still suffer from high histamine levels caused by my sleeping medication that I’ve been on for 13 years. I hope to get off of it soon, I am reducing doseage tonight.

-raster

not4sakn
    Participant

Was the mold in your house visible or not?

I’ve had my home inspected and the only “visible” mold was in the crawl space but none inside. The mold plates were in all major rooms for an hour and spores grew on them all so it was in the air although there was no visible growth. Perhaps it got inside from the crawl space and into my air ducts and kept circulating throughout my home.

raster
    Participant

I could see the mold in my bathroom. I didn’t have a bathroom fan so it was pretty bad. Then there was residual black mold underneath the bathtub from prior use. I had a small little 1000 sq apt.

-raster

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Symptoms related to candida’ is closed to new replies.