Sweets intolerance

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Sweets intolerance

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nekotamo 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Nekotamo
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 38

I wanted to know if anyone had the following symptom and I seem to have got it since 15-16 years old (about the time I started feeling brain fog):

I do have a desire to eat sweets almost every day , although I wouldn’t say it’s not too strong, at least I think so, since I’m used to suppressing my urges all my life.
    Now as soon as I eat a crumb more than I think I should I get sick, and sometimes I even almost throw up.
    For example when I eat a chocolate, take 4 little squares of it, and say to myself “ugh I kind of feel that I will get sick if I take a single square more” it is almost guaranteed that I will start feeling sick hour or two after that, and that same day I will most likely not be able to sleep all night and be steps away from vomiting.

Some say this is more likely a sign of diabetes…?
    I don’t know if this could be another candida/yeast symptom? If so, please let me know.

Thanks!

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

u could have an intolerance to chocolate or acid ,does this happen with all acid causing things ?and are u on diet ?If u want u could see an allergist ,i am thinking of doing this myself .diabetes is easy to check thru a 12 hr fast .

hope4eva77

do u sweat alot after or feel very cold when u sweat ?thats more a sigh of high sugar than nausea and vomiting

Nekotamo

hope4eva77, thank you for replying! I definitely want to take your 12h fast for diabetes!

Although few months ago I had a blood test (I had a nose deviation surgery), now I’m not sure what sorts of things were tested but I’m sure that they didn’t test me for candida.
    The only things that were out of normal bounds is lymphocytes(though nothing too explicit), and 2 other things but I can’t recall, and I have no clue what those Latin abbreviations stand for….all in all, doctor have told me “that’s all ok, there’s nothing alarming about your blood tests, you’re ready for surgery”. So I assume they would check me for diabetes? I guess?

I do not get sweats or nausea, its just feeling plain sick…its probably the same thing that other people feel when they eat too much sweets, however the case with me is that I seem to be way more sensitive to it, and need to eat a much smaller amount of it to start feeling sick.

P.S. BTW! The last blood test before that one, showed very high amounts of bilirubin! However I don’t remember seeing a bilirubin keyword on my last blood test results. I will try to somehow find those papers and check them out again.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Sounds like you are allergic to the foods you eat and it may have to do with stomach acid…

-raster

hope4eva77

The diabetes test is thru the doctor they have u fast nothing but water & then go in 4 blood work. They probably would of told u if they were testing. U are definitely allergic to what ur eating. U need to do a elimination diet to see if its acid, sweets ext.I am in the same spot as u right now but its my bladder that hurts when I eat anything with acid.

Nekotamo

Thank you people so much for the info! 🙂

For my blood test that was required for surgery(that I had 3 and a half months ago) as far as I remember I didn’t eat nor drink anything after 12:00 at night, and I did the blood test in the early morning around 7-8 am. So I guess they’d find it there if I had diabetes (what also made me suspect diabetes is that both my grandfather and grandmother from father’s side had diabetes).

I want to start the diet as soon as possible, but first I want to do a blood test before it! So I am very inpatient about the blood test.

BTW some person on youtube told me “good luck with finding a lab that will actually test you positive for candida, I had a full blown overgrowth yet test was negative”.
    Knowing that in my low-standard country things can get pretty unprofessional, I’m afraid I may never discover it through blood test and that will make my family (which is very understanding) think that I’m crazy 🙁
    But I never give up though 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I wouldn’t worry about diabetes. I would get allergy tests to see if you are allergic to sugar. I would also examine SIBO (small intestinal bacteria overgrowth) which can cause vomiting. H. pylori is also another bacteria in the gut that can cause vomiting. If you were diabetic, you would know it by now (you would likely faint from a low sugar episode and go to hospital).

-raster

Nekotamo

Thank you so much raster for encouraging me, I feel a bit relieved…although, on the other hand, I wish I am finally diagnosed with something so I can finally know what the heck causes my dreamy/spaced out/surreal/low concentration feeling and take an action. (I never thought I’d be happy to be diagnosed with something, but obviously I was very happy after my spit test 2 days ago :D).

Now the thing is, that I rarely ever vomit, its just feeling very sick…because I hate vomiting and always restrain from it…I only have once made myself vomit forcefully (this July), because I felt sooo sick I couldn’t sleep nor even lay, so I snapped and put the finger in my throat. (I happened to eat a lot of icecream that day).

As for fainting, I never fainted in my life once, the closest I got to it was when I stood up abruptly on my feet after laying in the hospital bed for few days.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sweets intolerance’ is closed to new replies.