Sweating!?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  granolamama 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello forum members,

Dr. Mccomb discusses how sweating is one of the most important ways to recover from candida. This is one of the major pillars apart of his treatment plan (which I don’t completely condone). I haven’t really seen this mentioned anywhere…I was wondering if anyone has used this as an effective treatment to help the body rid itself of toxins?

I am thinking of joining some kind of sauna club (if they exist) to try this treatment.

He said that during the die-off phase of the diet this pretty much eliminates any and all die-off symptoms because your mucus membranes aren’t clogged. He also states that if you do the diet without the sweating treatment, then you won’t really recover from candida fully because all of the toxins will remain within the body.

He discusses it in this radio show titled “is candida making your life miserable.”
    http://www.mccombsplan.com/new/media_center/index.php

Any thoughts or advice?

He also states that tons of exercise isn’t really good because it suppresses the immune system; another fact I did not know before.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hi ya, raster.

I’ve read the McCombs protocol in the past, and I have to say I can’t agree with his overall ideas for many reasons.

Your quote was, “He also states that if you do the diet without the sweating treatment, then you won’t really recover from candida fully because all of the toxins will remain within the body.”

Ok, that’s an excellent example of one of his ridiculous theories. What he’s saying in effect is that perspiration adds to the actual cure of the Candida infestation itself and you can’t cure it without sweating, and that’s the ridiculous part. Although, as I’ve stated on the forum before, sweating is an excellent way to remove the toxins of die-off symptoms, but it has nothing to do with treating the infestation itself or destroying the Candida albicans.

A sauna is a perfect tool, but if one is not available, soaking in a very hot tub of water for at least 20 minutes in a well heated bathroom will work as well, as long as it’s warm enough to cause perspiration (so the sweating/toxins part he got right).

“He also states that tons of exercise isn’t really good because it suppresses the immune system; another fact I did not know before.”

You and I discussed heavy exercising and the immune system not long ago, at that time I stated that this type of exercise would only suppress the immune system more, and at that time you agreed. This is not new information at all, it’s really just common sense

I’m glad that you brought this subject up; extensive perspiration is definitely a plus when it comes to die-off disasters.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Cool able…thanks for the info. He stated that the toxins dont really have anywhere to go during the diet because your body can’t process/detox them quickly enough and the body becomes way more toxic during the die-off. I never thought about sweating as being important…

granolamama
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 13

What has always worked for me when I have a flu or cold and want to sweat it out rather then take meds, I drink thyme tea. I grow thyme in my garden, it grows well here on the East Coast ( up to zone 7),but really loves dry climates even more , you boil water, put a few sprigs in it and let it simmer, then turn off the stove and let it simmer a little more. I make myself a thermos in the winter, and it makes me sweat quite a bit. My grand ma, mom, and sister use that too as a natural remedy, and it works real good, it also tasts real good and leaves a wonderful smell in your home. At least to me, I love the smell of it, it reminds me of my grand ma’s kitchen. ( For some it is the smell of apple pie, for me it is thyme 🙂
    And…it is cheap! really, it grows so easily. Even if you don’t have a garden, you can grow it indoors, just put the pot by the window with as much sunlight as you can, or on a blacony. You can also shape it with scizzors, it is decorative and very yummy. It also is real good on porc, like if you do a crockpot dish, put a few sprigs of thyme to it, mmmmmmm it smells so good.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Sweating!?’ is closed to new replies.