Sunscreen? Do we use it

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Sunscreen? Do we use it

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  weehen 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sassybella19
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 13

What do we do about sunscreen? Most have a lot of chemicals in it. I know it’s important to get Vitamin D naturally from the sun but we don’t want a burn. Is there a particular brand we should be using?

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

sassybella19;31349 wrote: What do we do about sunscreen? Most have a lot of chemicals in it. I know it’s important to get Vitamin D naturally from the sun but we don’t want a burn. Is there a particular brand we should be using?

On holiday I did, but only organic brands. Also would allow myself time when I had none on. I’m naturally quite dark skinned so don’t suffer so badly in the sun. Never use it in England (rarely need it).

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

I also use an organic kind made for babies because it doesn’t have parabens, etc The brand is called BabyGanics.

UncleOxidant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 56

Personally, I do not use sunscreen. (but I live in Oregon, so I won’t need any sunscreen for at least six months) I recall reading that skin cancer rates have not gone down with the widespread use of sunscreen that started in the 80’s and many cancer rates have gone up since then. It does block vitamin D production and the chemicals in it can be harmful.

My approach is to slowly acclimate my skin to the sun (when the sun finally starts coming out ;-). Five or 10 minutes the first few days. 15 to 20 minutes the next few days and so on. Your skin has it’s own defenses against UV rays that will develop if you acclimate yourself this way.

…and I just hate sunscreen anyway, I can’t stand having that greasy, smelly stuff on my skin, but maybe that’s just me.

weehen
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 18

We avoid it and live in Hawaii. I use Badger brand, which was the top recommended on the Environmental Work Group database. Never had any issues with it, and we have very sensitive skin. But we only use it for beach trips, not daily, like I said…we generally avoid it and love our vitamin D.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sunscreen? Do we use it’ is closed to new replies.