Strong water kefir reaction/update on tooth infection…..

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Strong water kefir reaction/update on tooth infection…..

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Smitty99 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Smitty99
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 227

So lately I’ve been taking a break from pounding the antifungals to me to allow my body to recover. On Monday, my dentist found a bad infection in my upper molar that is right next to my sinuses. She even said the root has gone into my sinuses and the infection has spread into there. I told her all the issues I’ve had with ear infections, sinus infections and sore throat. She said it was all cuase of my tooth.

I don’t really believe her. I still think it’s candida but I wasn’t going to bring that up. I told her I’d already been on amoxicillin and Z-pack in the last few months and it did nothing for my symptoms. She said that is quite normal with tooth infections because those antibiotics aren’t powerful enough. So I was thinking oh great, here comes even more powerful antibiotics. Hooray…. 🙁

Long story short, I have 5 days of antibiotics, 2×500 mg per day. So to offset this nightmare, I’ve seriously upped my water kefir and also taking acidophilus as well. In the morning before I go to classes or work, I am drinking probably between 400-500 ml of water kefir mixed in with my kale smoothie and 4 acidophilus pills on top of that cause I’m terrified of the antibiotics making me worse.

Well omg, I had the worst sinus pressure of all time today in class. I seriously could barely hold my head up and my throat also felt like absolute garbage. My stomach was doing flip flops too a bit but no issues like running to the bathroom. Just slight bloating. I was so mad and upset and figured it was the antibiotics making me worse but I may have underestimated the power of the water kefir. My water kefir seems to be extremely healthy too. The grains are growing soooo fast which is a good sign. So I guess I wouldn’t be wrong in thinking their potency is also increasing as they get healthier.

The sinus headache/pressure seemed to subside as the day went on. Do you think my reaction was from the antibiotics or the large amount of water kefir intake/acidophilus? I’ve never had such an intense reaction before so it kind of threw me for a loop. Although I’ve also never taken so much kefir at one time either.

Thanks guys.

msmofish
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 96

Hey Smitty
    It’s hard to say what causes what. I do know that tooth infections are serious & can cause a bunch of other weird health issues.

I too had to take antiobiotics a few months ago & had terrible diarrhea from it. I took strong doses of probiotics away from the antibiotics so they wouldn’t cancel each other out. And after my treatment I drank bio-K & took heavy doses of probiotics for 2 weeks. I was able to stave off major candida issues. This was advised to me by Able so I know I was on the right track.

Have you ever tried neti pot for sinus issues. I live in smog filled LA & use it daily & rarely if ever have sinus issues. Works like a charm for me
    Be well
    best
    Mo

Smitty99
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 227

msmofish;48760 wrote: Hey Smitty
    It’s hard to say what causes what. I do know that tooth infections are serious & can cause a bunch of other weird health issues.

I too had to take antiobiotics a few months ago & had terrible diarrhea from it. I took strong doses of probiotics away from the antibiotics so they wouldn’t cancel each other out. And after my treatment I drank bio-K & took heavy doses of probiotics for 2 weeks. I was able to stave off major candida issues. This was advised to me by Able so I know I was on the right track.

Have you ever tried neti pot for sinus issues. I live in smog filled LA & use it daily & rarely if ever have sinus issues. Works like a charm for me
    Be well
    best
    Mo

Hey thanks for your reply!

Funny you should mention about the nasal rinses. I broke out my neilmed sinus rinse bottle today and just got finished a probiotic nasal rinse. I used 1 capsule of acidophilus and about a teaspoon of my water kefir mixed with some salt and baking soda. Was very comfortable. May keep trying this and see what happens.

The cipro I’m taking is giving me some really harsh side effects. I’m considering stopping my antibiotics cause I think the headaches/crazy sinus pressure is coming from the antibiotics.

I don’t really believe my sinus/ears/throat issues is from a bacterial infection like my dentist thinks. I still really think it’s candida related.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Strong water kefir reaction/update on tooth infection…..’ is closed to new replies.