stress/depression & candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions stress/depression & candida

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  chellehuang 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

chellehuang
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi Everyone!

I have been browsing through the forum on and off the last 3 weeks because I have been dealing with chronic sinus pressure and pain 24/7 for the last 4 months and I am desperate to find a solution. I have gone through sinus surgery and it hasn’t helped.

I am convinced, though, that the inflammation was brought on by my depression which started one year ago when we found out that my baby daughter had a genetic disorder. In this last year, I have been very stressed, very depressed, crying everyday, and now I have this physical condition that started in February. It is deblitating and painful.

I read a post about how candida can not be cured by diet alone and that stress and depression play major factors in the gut. I am crying right now b/c that makes me even more stressed out. I want so much to feel ‘normal’ again, and I was hoping that through diet, I could be completely cured. But I know that I am dealing with deep emotional issues as well trying to work through my daughter’s therapies and prognosis, and b/c of that, will I never really be able to get ‘rid’ of the candida and reduce the inflammation?

I know that I need to see a counselor.

Thank you for reading, as I am not sure what exactly I am trying to say and I am so emotional right now. All I know is that I really need to physically feel better, and no one seems to understand the pain I feel physically and emotionally right now. I really feel so desperate.

Thanks,
    Michelle

jereseib
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 32

chellehuang wrote: Hi Everyone!

I have been browsing through the forum on and off the last 3 weeks because I have been dealing with chronic sinus pressure and pain 24/7 for the last 4 months and I am desperate to find a solution. I have gone through sinus surgery and it hasn’t helped.

I am convinced, though, that the inflammation was brought on by my depression which started one year ago when we found out that my baby daughter had a genetic disorder. In this last year, I have been very stressed, very depressed, crying everyday, and now I have this physical condition that started in February. It is deblitating and painful.

I read a post about how candida can not be cured by diet alone and that stress and depression play major factors in the gut. I am crying right now b/c that makes me even more stressed out. I want so much to feel ‘normal’ again, and I was hoping that through diet, I could be completely cured. But I know that I am dealing with deep emotional issues as well trying to work through my daughter’s therapies and prognosis, and b/c of that, will I never really be able to get ‘rid’ of the candida and reduce the inflammation?

Thank you for reading, as I am not sure what exactly I am trying to say and I am so emotional right now. All I know is that I really need to physically feel better, and no one seems to understand the pain I feel physically and emotionally right now. I really feel so desperate.

Thanks,
    Michelle

I can completely relate to how you are feeling right now. I started the candida diet back in February of 2011 and almost cured myself last summer. I started a new job and got completely stressed out and started back into my old habits. Long story short, in February of this year I had a complete relapse. The candida came back worse than its ever been and I got completely depressed and had to miss over a month of work with anxiety and depression issues. I remember crying often for no reason over the smalles things. I ended up going to the ER one night because I was having panic attacks. It just felt like the world is too overwhelming to deal with.

I started the program again and Im on Day 120 now. While I havent completely cured myself I have seen some significant changes. Its as simple as 1. Killing off all the yeast 2. replanting probiotics in you colon 3. and building your immune system so it can keep it in check. The best advice I can give you is there is no overnight cure. You just have to continue the program and diet everyday and soon your good days will outnumber your bad. The diet is there so you dont continue to feed yeast while the anti-fungals kill the yeast off. Just hang in there, as bad as you feel right now just know that it can and does get better with time.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Michelle. I’m glad to see you made it onto the forum. I guess Anna was able to help you? Good for her.

I just read your post twice, and there’s one main thought I want you to keep in mind, and that is you’re not alone when you’re on this forum. Furthermore, there are over 2500 people here who know exactly what you’re going through who want very much to help you and to be here for you whenever you need to talk, ask questions, bare your concerns, or just yell at us if you want to. We’re here for those reasons and more.

I read a post about how candida cannot be cured by diet alone and that stress and depression play major factors in the gut. I am crying right now b/c that makes me even more stressed out.

Michelle, that post was meant to help those like yourself who are experiencing stress and depression; it’s meant to help them realize that it’s all a normal part of the infestation, and they’re not the only ones experiencing those emotions. So many members come here thinking they’re the only ones going through that part it, but we all did at one time or another and it just seems to help if they realize that the ones who are now cured were once in the same position. It should help you to realize that getting past that part is just as possible as curing the infestation.

I want so much to feel ‘normal’ again, and I was hoping that through diet, I could be completely cured. But I know that I am dealing with deep emotional issues as well trying to work through my daughter’s therapies and prognosis, and b/c of that, will I never really be able to get ‘rid’ of the candida and reduce the inflammation?

Of course you’ll cure the infestation. I completely believe that because of the correspondence that we’ve already exchanged. It doesn’t matter how emotional you are right now, that can’t keep you from doing what you need to do in order to cure your infestation, and I know that you can do it.

If this is possible I think it could help. Other members have had to go through that as well, and I believe it can help you with your emotions where your daughter is concerned.

This forum is full of people who understand that pain, Michelle. It’s been a year now since I became completely symptom free, but I remember the pain and aloneness very well; in fact, that’s exactly why I’m still sitting here at my keyboard and writing on a Candida diet forum a year after my cure.

If you will, I’d like for you to purchase an herb by the name of Ashwagandha. This was a life saver for me during the treatment and in fact, I still take a maintenance dose every day. It’ll help with the stress and depression as well as anxiety and will also help you to sleep better. Most vitamin or health food stores carry it in capsule form. Just take two capsules a day and you’ll start to see a difference in a few days.

You have the strict version of the diet so you’re armed with the entire protocol now. All you have to do is put it to work and get this underway so that by this time next year, you’ll be looking back at this as nothing more than a bad dream that went away.

So talk to us, rant and rave at any time of the day or night, we’ll listen and we’ll understand.

Please let us know if you have any questions about the protocol, Candida in general, or even if you just want to talk about the weather.

Able

jereseib
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 32

One other thing I want to mention. It takes extreme discipline. IF you casually follow the diet or start missing your anti-fungal and probiotic dosages your progress will be minimal. A prime example, just today we had a department cookout. As you can probably guess the menu consisted of burgers/hot dogs along with the usual sides of brownies/cookies/chips/beer/soda/pasta salad, all things which probably would have set me back a week if I would have given in. The only thing I could have been ok on was eating a plain hamburger with no bun. The point is, I know it feels awkward and there are times when it doesnt even seem worth it but dont give in. I just tell myself that someday, as long as i stay disciplined now, I can have a cookie or a beer every now and then and everything will be fine.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Dear Michelle,

You are not alone and I really can understand the feeling of hopelessness and worries you show in your letter. When the storm is at its worse you have to focus on what is possible to do right now. This you did when you sat down and wrote your e-mail to us.
    Then I like to share a book with you which helped me a great deal and I am sure can help you too with your thoughts, and depressions.

Its called Get Out of Your Mind and Into Your Life
    http://www.amazon.com/Get-Your-Mind-Into-Life/dp/1572244259/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339744555&sr=8-1&keywords=Get+Out+of+Your+Mind+and+into+Your+Life

Its a wonderful book teaching us to see the pattern of our thinking and why we feel bad and offers teaching to get out of that trap and thoughts and depression.

This is the first step. There you will learn that you don’t need to suffer and where suffering comes from. In that space you will gain, the little place you re-establish yourself in, naturally plans and motivation and creativity arises out of you to change things you are able to change. Not out of desperation and fear but with a calm peace you will see the light again and have the power to move on with a smile.

If you feel that you need to see a counsellor than this is what you should do.
    Try to find a ACT counsellor, I have one and it helps a lot.

yours
    thomas

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Diet alone can help get candida symptoms under control, and this may be enough to help clear your mind and give you some relief. Following the other steps of the protocol (antifungals, pre/probiotics, curing nutrient deficiencies etc) is what should eventually provide the cure, which will require you to deal with your stress problem.

Depending how poor your diet is now, switching to a wholefoods diet that doesn’t force you to snack every 2-hours to keep your blood sugar stable might help your emotional problems too. There are many links between nutrition and stress/depression.

I agree with Thomas’ recommendation of ACT. There’s another book called The Happiness Trap that’s quite good, and Full Catastrophe Living helped me resolve some anger/stress issues. I believe good nutrition, exercise and a good approach to the psychological side of stress/depression is enough to help most people overcome it. For people with serious issues that are hard to deal with, maybe someone to guide you would be helpful.

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

chellehuang wrote: Hi Everyone!

Thanks,
    Michelle

Dear Michelle,
    As I read your post I have tears streaming down my face. I’m so sorry for you and all the stress your dealing with. You have the weight of the world on your shoulders. I’m so sorry that this has all hit you at once.

I too have struggled with news about my daughter when she was a newborn that made me feel like I was a failure..that I did something wrong invetro. I can remember how awful I felt and how I dwelt on it and didn’t quite know where to turn. The problem is with Candida there seems to be no place to turn as the medical world won’t deal with it and your left hanging.

I can tell you that after having Able and Raster guide me for the past 7 months I am a new person. I have still NOT kicked the Candida but I have changed my life.

The diet has completely changed my state of mind. I went from feeling stressed, shakey, loosing hair, left arm always going numb, serious brain fog, crying, eating crap (sugar and starch) gaining weight and not being able to take it off to becoming a new person.

This diet has healed me in soooooo many ways. I now am able to cope where before I didn’t have that ability. I would break down about everything, I can manage the weight of the world. I have a clear mind. My allergies are completly gone. I had really bad allergies and sinus issues…gone. It is amazing. I feel like a brand new person.

But, let me tell you the road was NOT easy. My first few weeks were soooooo very hard. I was in pain, bad pain in my legs, exhausted, starving, my mouth was filled with thrush as was my throat. I had a hard time swallowing or breathing at night. I had serious dry mouth and life all around stunk. Not to mention bathroom issues UGH…what memories.

However, I wouldn’t trade a moment of the pain and struggles for what I feel today. I am such a better person. I have the ability to cope, to deal with life and I am healthier than I have ever been. I still have this darn thrush in the back of my throat…but that is my fault. I keep telling myself I’m healed and stop eating so much garlic, or cut back on kefir, or try eating something stupid (no matter how many times Able and Raster warn me!!!) My life is night and day from where I was 7 months ago. I just want you to know that it is worth every bit of the struggles that you will go through. We here are able to help one another and lift one another up whie others treat us like we are outcast. You have found such a blessing here on the forum. Embrace the people here. Reach out to all of us no matter how stupid or awkward the question my be. Ask away. You won’t find anything like this out there. These people like Able and Raster who have found healing and come here every day to help people like you and I have a gift that is unike any gift I have ever received. They truly care about each and every one of us and desperately want to heal each and every one of us.

It may seem dark, lonely and desperate right now. Hang in there. Have faith. Pray for yourself and your family and know that this too will pass. Not as fast as we want it to and not with a magic pill. However, I do believe the discipine that is necessay to be successful with this diet will carry over in your life and you will once again be able to see the beauty in a sunrise, or notice the birds chirping, or the love you feel from your child…those things I was numb to because I was so sick. It is always darkest right before the storm….and then the rainbow comes out. Hang in there. The storm for the beginning of the diet can be rough. But when you start to feel the warmth and glory of the rainbow on your life there is nothing like it.

Please know that if you listen to the wise folks here there is much hope for you. Take one day at a time. I remember taking it by morning, lunch, dinner, and then making it to bed time. Waking up and starting all over again. Everyday was a plan. A battle of how I was going to win. Now the plan is a routine that I don’t think too much about. I’m winning. I have faith that you too will win. With your mind and body healed you will find so much time and energy to help your daughter. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Blessings,

Jackie

chellehuang
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

oh, dear friends, i just want to say thank you for all of your support. i am sitting here just crying reading through all the posts, and thoughts of sadness and hope are welling up inside of me. i wasn’t sure if i was going to get any responses, so, thank you so much for all of you support, suggestions, and for sharing your experiences with me. i can’t thank you enough.

i haven’t had time to get onto the computer the last few days, so it was a treat to read through your posts. i am not sure if i can do this, but i’m going to try because i feel awful. i am gearing myself up for the commitment it is going to require.

this week, i am going to have to take the time to write out everything i need to do day to day, week to week, for at least the next 6-8 weeks or else i’m going to get lost in the process with how busy things are going to get this summer. after reading through the program, i can see myself forgetting to take an antifungal, getting the incorrect probiotic, not changing the antifungal, not taking enough of a vitamin, etc. for some reason, it seems like a lot to juggle.

you will be hearing from me w a lot of questions!

with tears of thankfulness,
    michelle

able, i have a pc computer and this is the only way my these posts were able to get onto the site. for some reason, i can’t seem to post from my mac.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘stress/depression & candida’ is closed to new replies.