Story So Far

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Softlad
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

Hi All, first post after one week on diet:-
    Whilst I have adhered to the diet I have allowed myself to have pork, fish (including prawns), decaffeinated coffee and Chilli’s as I believe that whilst it is advised within the diet that these are “not good” they will not be detrimental to my regime. (I have also had beetroot in one meal by mistake!)

My Regime:-

Prior to gym (Mon – Fri), one pint water (with medication (including 1000mg fish oil and 1500mg Glucosamine)) and half pint dissolved wheat grass powder.

Breakfast (After gym Mon – Fri)
    500mg Caprylic acid and 1 antioxidant tablet
    Natural yoghurt & one boiled egg.
    Two mugs decaffeinated coffee

Lunch:-
    Depends upon day, I have had varying Mediterranean salads with either boiled eggs, tuna or other fish, chicken, plain omelette with tomatoes and onions or home made chicken and broccoli soup etc. All accompanied with much Garlic and olive oil (infused with chilli flakes and garlic!)

Evening and weekend Meals:-
    Varying Mediterranean salads or roasted vegetables and once per week (Friday) Brown rice,
    accompanied with any of the following; Fish, Pork, Lamb, Chicken (including tikka) and Chicken Jalfrezi curry (with lots of fresh green chilli’s) for Friday! All meat and fish is BBQ’d apart from whole chicken then roasted in oven or on spit.
    All accompanied with much Garlic and olive oil (infused with chilli flakes and garlic!)

Snacks:- Celery sticks and occasionally yoghurt.

Have had headache since day two but other than that have felt pretty ok.
    Today I have just introduced probiotics.

Since starting diet I am not as “phlegmy” as normal, finger joints still hurt but my knees feel a little better.

I have managed to “cure” face rash which was pretty bad and progressively worse over the last 18 years or so, I now wash whole body every day using Head and Shoulders in shower. My skin is really good and have not had flare up in about three – four weeks. (Last one was really bad)

The thing I really, really, really miss is, RED WINE! (and the odd beer!

Anyway, enough already, must work!

Regards
    G

Softlad

Hi All, after week two:-

Still have headache!!!!!!!!

Not had any real “Die Off” symptoms and feeling ok!

I have introduced the probiotics and a second 500mg caprilyc acid tab’ of an evening with meal. (This takes me to 1000mg CA per day).

Diet:- basically same as last post. I have chilli cravings at the moment! I seem to be having them in most meals, either fresh or dried. Also Garlic, just can not get enough of that stinky stuff! Still they are good for the Candida!

Food is not bothering me at all! I like the salads and meat etc.

New addition to my diet is home made chicken and broccoli soup for lunch (Lashings of onion, garlic and spiced with chilli’s black pepper etc).

Again, thing I am missing is RED WINE!

Rash:- Since discovering washing in Head and Shoulders shampoo, my face rash has not come back! Result in my book. (I would urge anybody who suffers from facial or other candida related rash to give it a try, works for me and my rash was BAD!)

Until next update

Regards
    G

Softlad

Forgot to add, I have not had indigestion or reflux since starting diet!

G

Topics: 32
    Replies: 55

Huh, interesting. There is alot of people that say the same thing about H&S schampoo.

As far as i know there is a substance in it called zinkpyrition that seems to be common in things that treats eczema and psoriasis etc. It seems to be a substance that you can find in paint too (to paint boats for an example) but we aren’t allowed to use such paint because it’s toxic. Hmm?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

One thing we do not recommend on this forum is eating pork, which takes days to digest, while chicken and fish take hours to digest. Basically if you eat pork, you will be constipated.

Additionally, we don’t recommend brown rice because its high in starch, contains some sugar, and is inflammatory. If you rely on it everyday as a food item, this can potentially set you back from my experience. Buckwheat is a great alternative because contains only 25% starch and is a prebiotic that feeds the beneficial bacteria in the gut. Similar texture and taste as well!

Also, the coffee can be a big problem while on the diet because it is inflammatory, promotes leaky gut, drains the adrenals, and damages the liver and kidneys. Even though it is decaf, it still contains caffeine. Additionally, it is high in molds because it is a dried food item.

How much sugar is found in your yogurt per serving?

Wheat grass is also something I would watch over time and see if you feel better with it or without it.

The chilis are moderately inflammatory as well so be careful!
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2767/2

We developed a general plan to get better if you are interested;
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

-raster

Softlad

Hi All, “Fell Off” Last Night! Two glasses of that Devil red wine got me! For my sins I had a thick head this morning, serves me right. (Never normally have a thick head after two glasses of red wine! God must be punishing me!)
    Anyway back on track today.

Katyliss, thanks for the post, yes you are quite correct H&S does have Zinc pyrithione in it, it has antibacterial properties, is (as you quite correctly pointed out) used in paint for its algaecide properties, household sponges etc and more importantly used to treat dandruff, seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, ringworm, fungus, athletes foot, dry skin, atopic dermatitis, tinea, vitiligo and (very successfully) my face rash! I understand where you are coming form re the toxicity in every day products but this stuff has been around for a long time, in its industrial form it is harmful but in over the counter products I do not believe that it poses a great risk. (Just my opinion) Also if it cures my rash I am willing to take that chance.

Raster thanks for your input, re pork, totally understand where you are coming from, yes it does take longer than other meats (and fish) to digest, (4-4.5 hours) and if you eat lots of it I can believe that it can make you constipated and has bacteria that may be damaging to you if you have reduced immune system, thankfully both not applicable in my case!

Brown rice, is recommended on the diet on the website. I agree if you eat it every day may be a problem but once per week?

Coffee:- I can not see that two or three cups of decaf’ per day can significantly affect the growth of candida, I have fresh ground decaf’ (from beans) I understand that it may contain minute traces of caffeine but so do “Brassica vegetables” :- cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts etc. Some diets say you can have coffee others no. I believe that this regime is hard enough as it is and anything that may facilitate it being easier is, as I am sure you will agree, a plus.

Yoghurt:- No added sugar only natural occurring which, at the moment I do not know the quantity as do not have pot to look at! (All eaten and empty pots thrown away!) I generally have 1 – 2 pots per day.

Chili’s;- I always believed that they were anti fungal (included in stricter diet).
    I do not understand the inflammation risks with certain foods but will look into it.

Wheatgrass, Jury is out on that one, do I feel better or worse taking it? I do not know for sure but if it has lots of vitamins and boost immune system (Not proved) can not be a bad thing. I have it prior to going to gym to kick start my body prior to exercise.

Since starting the regime, as I have said previously, I have had a headache (aside from todays!) other than that I am feeling ok. I have lost a little weight, I am enjoying the food! and generally feel better than I have for quite some time! My rash has gone and I believe, as I am sure you will agree, this is all positive!

I would also like to add that I think this website and its members are a great resource for knowledge, advice and support, many thanks!
    Regards
    G

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Drinking coffee contributes to the problem and not the other way around, its likely one of the reasons you are here in the first place. Its hard getting away from it cold turkey, but you will heal much faster without it from my experience.

Why do you drink it? If you want something that will promote digestion and perk you up, I recommend trying chamomile tea which is antifungal and promotes bowel movements. If you steep it longer than 8 mins, it will give you energy. Its also good for the liver.

Chickory coffee is also something to look at, its a a prebiotic that feeds the beneficial bacteria in the gut.

If you want to reverse the flora in your gut, it will be more difficult while consuming coffee.

-raster

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Story So Far’ is closed to new replies.