stomach pain during candida diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions stomach pain during candida diet

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Wiley200 2 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

thebadyeast
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

Hello all,

I’ve been doing a low-FODMAP diet as well as some supplements (milk thistle, probiotic, saccharomyces boulardii, zinc) and an anti-fungal (difulcan) to treat a candida overgrowth. I scored a 43 for IGG blood test before starting treatment. After a month I scored 33 (only difference was that I was on Candex and herbal anti-fungals for the first month, my doc switch me to difulcan). No improvement in symptoms so far. The only thing that has changed is that my athlete’s foot, which I cured about a year ago, seems to have come back. (I assume it is related to the diet, because I haven’t made any other substantial lifestyle changes.)

I’m posting because after about 3 weeks of the diet I started having really annoying stomach pain that comes and goes, and doesn’t really seem to correlate with any food or supplement. It’s almost like a “punched in the gut” sensation. While I’ve been on the diet I’ve also had constipation. Has anyone else experienced this? What can I do about it?

In case anyone is interested, my symptoms are: extreme fatigue, sinus pressure/congestion, tinnitus, brain fog, slight dizziness, general feeling of weakness, and constipation.

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 148

What are you eating?

Wiley200
    Participant
    Replies: 386

I think the gut pain might well be related to the constipation, not necessarily your food choices. It can take a while for the gut to adapt to a new diet.

Have you thought about psyllium husk to get things moving? Or taking a tablespoon of olive oil with each meal? Exercise also helps to relieve constipation.

thebadyeast
    Participant
    Replies: 1

Sorry for taking a few days to reply.

The foods I eat most are tomatoes, onions, eggs, garlic, ginger, cauliflower, asparagus, broccoli, olive oil, sesame oil, leafy greens, lemon, chicken, wild caught salmon, zucchini, olives, coconut milk/oil/flour, almonds, sunflower seeds, kiwi, and avocado.

Recently I’ve been taking acacia fiber, magnesium citrate (400mg), and I just started an oxygen cleanse. In general, the pain seems worse after eating and better after a bowel movement (which is why I think it’s related to constipation), but it also seems disproportionately bad given the degree of constipation.

texan
    Participant
    Replies: 40

I wonder if you have a food intolerance. Are you eating a lot more eggs than you previously did? Or a lot more nuts? Is there a correlation between either of those and the stomach pain, or a correlation with any of the other foods?

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Replies: 148

I include some buckwheat and quinoa in my diet. They have not solved my problems, but my symptoms were worse when I was on a very low carb diet like yours.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Replies: 386

Some people say that you shouldn’t use the low FODMAP diet in the long term, but the way. It’s because it doesn’t provide enough food for the good bacteria in your gut.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24830318

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘stomach pain during candida diet’ is closed to new replies.