Still bloated

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Still bloated

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lashes86 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

lashes86
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 24

Hi,

After 4 months of being on the Candida Diet I out of nowhere started to become bloated again, my skin has been terrible (ichy, dry, breakouts), and I’ve gained a few pounds (might be water retention?). Is it my body getting use to this way of eating? Or I must be eating something that my stomach doesn’t like.. Has anyone experienced something like this before? I’m thinking it’s either rice chocolate milk, carob powder/chips, bananas, ham (packaged one, no sugar), tea (packaged, not loose leaf), rice flour, coconut flakes unsweetened… these are the only things I can think of that might be affecting my cleanse.

Thanks 🙂

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

lashes86 wrote: Or I must be eating something that my stomach doesn’t like.. Has anyone experienced something like this before? I’m thinking it’s either rice chocolate milk, carob powder/chips, bananas, ham (packaged one, no sugar), tea (packaged, not loose leaf), rice flour, coconut flakes unsweetened

Your problem isn’t that you’re eating something you body doesn’t like, but rather that you’re eating something the Candida love and can use.

When these symptoms start happening months after you’ve supposedly started the treatment, the only reason is the Candida infestation has grown.

Your problem is probably all of the following; bananas, rice chocolate milk, ham and tea. If all of these are removed, you’ll probably start seeing an improvement again, eventually.

Which supplements (and brand names) are you using?

Able

lashes86

And I also find that my energy level has gone down. What would be the difference between regular rice milk and chocolate rice milk? Is it the cocoa in it? I am taking supplement from Nature’s Sunshine: Pau D’arco, Re-X (RE-X is a sedative and tranquilizing formula high in calcium, manganese, selenium, zinc and niacin), Silver Guard, Psyllium Husk, Flora Force (Bifidophilus Capsules), Hydrated Bentonite, LBS II (An excellent laxative combination and, LBS II (herbal laxative).

Thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You are doing the diet and supplements incorrectly.

Here is a site that shows the amount of sugars you eat per serving:
    http://www.sugarstacks.com/vegetables.htm
    http://www.sugarstacks.com/fruits.htm

Keep it under 25g a day. Banana is one of the sugariest fruits that there is; almost 25g per banana!

I don’t know much about carob, but it is placed in the soy category. It sounds like it is starchy, which definitely isn’t good.

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/allergies/hic_special_diets_for_food_allergies.aspx

Pork and beef are not allowed on the candida diet because they cause the body to produce ammonia.

Rice contains small amounts of gluten and shouldn’t be allowed on the diet until phase 2. Read your rice milk container to see how much sugar is in it per serving; you don’t want any sugar on the anti candida diet. Chocalate is not allowed on the diet either; it contains caffeine and is a dried, moldy occuring food item.

Coconut flakes contain sugar; save for phase 2 if possible.

What else are you eating for the diet?

I would stop the psyllium husks immediately; they are not beneficial and can cause internal bleeding in the intestines. Instead of the laxatives, I would try digestive or swedish bitters. I have no idea what flora force is (is it a dr. mcoomb product?), but I would get a probiotic instead that is 20-50 billion in count. The probiotic is the most important part of the treatment.

Hope this helps. The reason your energy has gone down is that your body is spending too much resources on fighting the candida; the better your diet becomes the more energy you will get in time!

-Raster

lashes86

Thanks for the websites. They are very helpful. I definetely need to cut out the bananas. Maybe the low energy is coming from the carob? I’m allergic to Soy.. my body might be trying to fight it. I’ve already done all the phases.. that’s why I’m a bit confused. I’ve heard mixed reviews about the psyllium husks… It’s crazy how this is a neverending process!! I don’t mind though, I feel much better than I ever did. Thanks for the info 🙂

lashes86

Oh and here is the link for the Flora Force supplements:
    http://www.naturessunshine.ca/ca/products/catalog/product/default.aspx?stocknum=4080

raster
    Participant

That probiotic “flora force” only contains about 5 billion probiotic per capsule. You need something that is much stronger; maybe start out at something that is 20-30 billion flora in strength and move up to the 50-80 billion ones over time. I recommend one called HMF neuro that has human micro flora in it; this will bind to your intestinal walls better than any other probiotic.

I would go back to phase 1 now and when the bloating and all symptoms go away for months, then continue on with phase 2.

The itchy skin and breakouts mean that you are still at phase 1 and that you still have a strong candida outbreak/overgrowth.

What else are you eating during the diet?

lashes86

I will look into getting a stronger probiotic then. My skin has been terrible lately. It had cleared up for a while, but now it’s back to where it was. I also put coconut oil on my face, it’s worked wonders! When I break out it’s ichy, so it does make sense that it’s the yeast. Does your skin completely clear up when the candida diet is working properly? I keep going back to phase 1 because somehow I always get off track (no by cheating, but by reintoducing new foods). So your saying to do this for months? Phase 1 for me was only 2 weeks. Naturopath’s orders.

Breakfast: eggs, rye bread, oatmeal, cinnamon, stevia (at times), rice milk, fruits, coconut oil..

Lunch: rye bread, coconut oil, rice cheese, salsa (no vinegar), vegetables, chicken, veggie soup (homemade), eggs..

Supper: rice, chicken, vegetables, basil/oregano, beef, porc, coconut oil, rice pasta, garlic..

That’s an overall of things that I would eat.

raster
    Participant

The whole diet has some problems; I would go to a new naturopathic doctor that doesn’t recommend these ingredients.

Rye is a grain; all grains are forbidden during the diet because they contain yeast and sugars.

Oatmeal should be saved for phase 2; oat bran is a better alternative and doesn’t contain the bad parts of the grain.

Rice, rice cheese, rice noodles should be saved for phase 2; a better alternative is buckwheat! It has no gluten at all. Rice contains glutens!

Pork and beef are not allowed on the diet because they cause the body to produce ammonia; this is probably the biggest source of the constipation/bloating other than the psyllium husks.

Anything that causes the production of mucus is not allowed; mucus protects the candida and you can’t kill it off.

Keep the sugars under 25g a day; this is like half an apple, half a cup of blueberries, etc.

Hope this helps!

Another treatment to consider is sweating out the toxins during the die-off part. Sauna, steam room, even hot baths can help.

lashes86

The Rye bread that is recommended has no yeast or sugar (I think). It’s from a special bakery. I will try Oat bran then. That’s a great idea actually. Hmm I’ve never heard of buckwheat but I will try that out also. As for pork and beef I rarely eat some. And you know what’s funny. These past two weeks I have been really stuffed up.. it’s like a neverending cold. My body is trying to tell me something. I’m eating too many fruits… atlease 2-3 servings a day. Have you ever heard of Sapporo beer? Is this something that I can drink. I’ve had a few over the past few weeks thinking it would be ok. Maybe this is setting me back also. The beer claims to be yeast-free/very low in yeast. It’s made with rice.

Thanks!!! This is very helpful.

raster
    Participant

Yeast free is not the same as sugar free, grain free, gluten free, etc. Alcohol is definitely forbidden on the diet and its like opening the windows to a house that is on fire!

I would try the coconut flour bread, and there are some buckwheat breads that you can make that are better alternatives. I haven’t heard of anyone eating rye bread on the forums, so maybe do a ‘search’ for it to see whether there is any posts.

Buckwheat will become your new best friend; it is a great alternative to rice! Same texture, similar taste!

Also, just so you know, you shouldn’t set a timetable for your recovery! It can take as long as 6-18 months to fully recover from candida; I have been on the diet for 4+ months and I am mostly over it at this point. I have altered my diet many times; each time it wasn’t good enough.

Naturopathics come out like the colors of a rainbow; I would find one that recommends probiotics, undeceonic acid, and someone that has successfully treated candida hundreds of times if possible.

Listen to some dr. mcoomb:
    http://www.mccombsplan.com/new/media_center/index.php

He allows fruit, and promotes his own supplements…he has good info but don’t follow his plan completely. For instance, don’t overdo the fruits (aka sugar)! Don’t buy his supplements, there are better ones out there!

Take care and let us know about your progress.

lashes86

Where can I find coconut bread? Or is it something that I should be making myself. I’m in the process of finding/buying a bread maker. I will cut the rye bread out. I’m almost certain that I’ve had this Candida problem for over 5 years.. therefore like you said it can take some time to get it under control.

I will check out Dr. McCombs website. Also I’m seeing my Naturopath next week. I will keep you posted!

Thanks,
    Val

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Rye is nothing more than a form of grass which is a grain, and therefore will feed the Candida.

Sapporo beer contains “sub-ingredients” in addition to the main ingredients, they are corn, rice, and/or cornstarch. These are used in blending the beer and will hamper your attempts at curing your infestation.

If your symptoms have already returned one time, it will be easier for them to return again. I would leave out basically all fruits, nuts, seeds, grains and any type of bread other than homemade coconut flour, oat bran or buckwheat breads for an undetermined length of time.

Able

raster
    Participant

Here’s the link:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst999_Coconut-bread.aspx

It’s really easy! If the taste is too bad; try the coconut lemon bread. Coconut butter/oil works as a good butter replacement!

lashes86

I will go to a organic store near my house to see if they have any coconut flour bread or buckwheat bread. I need to tune-up my diet. It seemed like the first two months everything was great and then I had surgery.. got on anti-biotics.. and ever since I’ve been struggling with getting it back under control. Thanks for the recipe Raster, I will definetely try it out.

Thanks everyone for your advice 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Still bloated’ is closed to new replies.