Stevia Extract Research

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Stevia Extract Research

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Yuval 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

In-vitro Antimicrobial and Antitumor Activities of Stevia Leaf Extracts

Released by the Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research:

“Purpose: The purpose of the study is to evaluate the antimicrobial and antitumor activities of Stevia rebaudiana (Asteraceae) leaf extracts.

Methods: Four solvent extracts (ethyl acetate, acetone, chloroform and water) of Stevia rebaudiana leaves were investigated against Staphylococcus aureus, Salmonella typhi, Escherichia coli, Bacillus subtilis, Aeromonas hydrophila and Vibrio cholerae by using agar well diffusion method.
    Candida albicans, Cryptococcus neoformans, Trichophyton mentagrophytes and Epidermophyton species were used to test anti-yeast and antifungal activity. The cytotoxic effects of the extracts on Vero and HEp2 cells were assayed using 3-(4,5-Dimethylthiazol-2-yl)-2,5-diphenyltetrazolium bromide [MTT].

Results: Among the four extracts tested, acetone extract had effective antibacterial potential, followed by ethyl acetate extract. The acetone extract showed greater activity against Gram-positive than against Gram-negative organisms.

All the extracts were active against Epidermophyton species and Candida albicans. The 1:8 dilution of the acetone extract was non-toxic to normal cells and also had both anticancer and anti-proliferative activities against cancerous cells.”

For those of you who don’t understand research language as clearly as you’d perhaps like to, the research report is stating that Stevia Extract can kill Candida albicans.If you’re new to Stevia, be sure to purchase the pure extract form; it contains no Dextrose as some forms do. The word “Dextrose” should show up in the ingredients if it contains this sugar.

Able

joy
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 33

Able, thanks for that great news! I always use stevia in my tea or coffee when I have coffee. Also, when I make an easy salad dressing of dry mustard, organic apple cidar vinegar, and stevia. Make a nice fresh dressing.

I wonder why it kills candida though? I am having really good results with the high dose of probiotic. I wasn’t able to find the 80 billion with the 14 strains, so I bought another bottle of 50 billion with the 9 strains again and have been taking 200 billion in the early morning before a meal. I have also started with the oil pulling….this has really made a big improvement on the “white tongue” issue. I started the oil pulling on monday, just 1x a day and by today I can say it has improved by 50%.!

I am quite pleased with that! Would you recommend another round of high dose after this bottle….it sure goes quickly…I think I may have a couple days left in this bottle!

Joy

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

joy wrote: Able, I always use stevia in my tea or coffee when I have coffee. I wonder why it kills candida though?

(I) have been taking 200 billion in the early morning before a meal. I have also started with the oil pulling….this has really made a big improvement on the “white tongue” issue. I started the oil pulling on monday, just 1x a day and by today I can say it has improved by 50%.!

I am quite pleased with that! Would you recommend another round of high dose after this bottle….it sure goes quickly…I think I may have a couple days left in this bottle!
    Would you recommend another round of high dose after this bottle….it sure goes quickly…I think I may have a couple days left in this bottle!

Hello, Joy.

As the research paper says, ethyl acetate and acetone are both extracts of the Stevia leaf (which is where the sweetener comes from). Ethyl acetate is derived from acetic acid which as we know is dangerous for Candida (simply because it’s an acid). Acetone is an alpha carbon which is quite acidic, again, acid kills Candida.

In addition to the plain Stevia extract being a good antifungal, at least one of the pure Stevia extract forms also contains organic inulin (FOS) which feeds the beneficial bacteria (flora) in the human digestive system; a big plus to look for these in the ingredients. The brand I use is the Certified Organic NOW brand. Some if not all of the Vitamin Shoppe chain stores carry this.

As far as the probiotic is concerned, I would definitely recommend another round. This is something that you will need to take through the entire treatment, and then continue it at lower doses indefinitely. Anyone who has once had the Candida albicans infestation will always be susceptible to acquiring it again. You will probably be able to replace the probiotic for the most part with lots of kefir and organic yogurt in time once you are 100% healed.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

One thing I was wondering: does stevia mimick sugars and/or sub-sugars in the body…causing an immune response? This primary response comes in the form of mucus production which isn’t helpful. Dr. Mccoomb doesn’t recommend stevia during the diet because of this…any thoughts?

Note: I personally use stevia a good amount and haven’t noticed any bad effects.

Yuval
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Stevia is just an incredible plant.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if they do come up with a research that determines stevia is anti fungal.

joy wrote: Able, thanks for that great news! I always use stevia in my tea or coffee when I have coffee. Also, when I make an easy salad dressing of dry mustard, organic apple cidar vinegar, and stevia. Make a nice fresh dressing.

I wonder why it kills candida though? I am having really good results with the high dose of probiotic. I wasn’t able to find the 80 billion with the 14 strains, so I bought another bottle of 50 billion with the 9 strains again and have been taking 200 billion in the early morning before a meal. I have also started with the oil pulling….this has really made a big improvement on the “white tongue” issue. I started the oil pulling on monday, just 1x a day and by today I can say it has improved by 50%.!

Joy

http://about-stevia.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Stevia Extract Research’ is closed to new replies.