Stevia alcohol

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Stevia alcohol

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  LilyJ 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

LilyJ
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 8

Hi,

Third time I’m buying stevia, this time I’ve decided not to get the powder form.
    I bought vegan Stevia Extract Liquid from Whole Foods Market. “All Natural Herb- Zero calories.”

Supplement facts are:

Stevia Leaf Extract Stevia Rebaudiana 40mg
    (min. 80% Glucosylsteviosides [32mg])

Ingredients: Stevia (Min 80% Glucosylsteviosides [32mg]) Extract in a base of water and 11% alcohol.

I can taste the alcohol a bit. I was wondering if I bought the wrong extract, or if the 11% alcohol is harmful? All the other stevias had other flavors and more stuff in them, this was the only one that didn’t have much added, and I saw one that had a higher alcohol level, or is the alcohol normal? I had 4 drops today in my mint tea and don’t want to take more if it’s going to ruin my treatment.

Thanks

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Lily.
    Sometimes it’s difficult to find a Stevia brand without harmful ingredients. The alcohol is not safe in the liquid extract; remember in our PI conversation I was talking about the various toxins that the Candida release; alcohol is one of those toxins, in fact, this is often the reason for the ‘fuzzy’ mind syndrome that a lot of Candida sufferers experience.

Truvia is on the strict diet, so ry to find this sweetener instead. Stevia is used to make this brand, but normally Truvia doesn’t contain dangerous ingredients. Truvia may contain either Xylitol or Erythiritol but these two sugar alcohols are not the same as the alcohol used for extracting herbs such as the stevia plant into a liquid form and are acceptable for a Candida treatment.

You can usually find Truvia in grocery stores along with other sugar products.
    Able

LilyJ
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 8

Able900;40036 wrote: Hello, Lily.
    Sometimes it’s difficult to find a Stevia brand without harmful ingredients. The alcohol is not safe in the liquid extract; remember in our PI conversation I was talking about the various toxins that the Candida release; alcohol is one of those toxins, in fact, this is often the reason for the ‘fuzzy’ mind syndrome that a lot of Candida sufferers experience.

Truvia is on the strict diet, so ry to find this sweetener instead. Stevia is used to make this brand, but normally Truvia doesn’t contain dangerous ingredients. Truvia may contain either Xylitol or Erythiritol but these two sugar alcohols are not the same as the alcohol used for extracting herbs such as the stevia plant into a liquid form and are acceptable for a Candida treatment.

You can usually find Truvia in grocery stores along with other sugar products.
    Able

It truly is difficult to find a Stevia that’s not “poisoned” with chemicals. I had a feeling the alcohol in the Stevia wasn’t safe, thank goodness I asked on here to confirm! I will look for Truvia tomorrow, but if I don’t find it then it’s not the end of the world either, will just have to go without sugar then.

It’s really important to read labels carefully while shopping.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Stevia alcohol’ is closed to new replies.