Stevia

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  NeekyNoo 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

NeekyNoo
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 46

Hiya,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me the best way to use stevia, should I buy it in liquid or powder form.

Or is Xylitol better?

Thanks 🙂

Ivy
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Hello, Im new to the candida diet as well. I’ve been on it for 3days and am still trying to figure out what i can have. I’ve pretty much gone extreme and cut everything out. Are we allowed Stevia and Xyiotol?

veg2
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 27

Well, again, every “candida diet” is different, but the herbalist I see says xylitol and stevia are the only allowed sweeteners.

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

I use KAL powdered stevia and have for years, just because I have some issues w/ low blood sugar and it’s a nice way to sweeten plain yogurt w/o the sugar highs and lows. Anyway, not all stevia is created equal taste-wise. I like the KAL because it doesn’t have that bizzaro grassy aftertaste that some stevias have. A stevia tip: a little goes a LONG way, and using slightly too little is FAR better than using slightly too much. If you use too much stevia in something it just tastes plain weird.

Hope it helps!

Ivy
    Topics: 2

Great thanks for the heads up!

NeekyNoo

Thank you

kryssy
    Topics: 4

Like everyone else in Europe I have had to import my Stevia illegally but now France has lifted the ban and it is readily available here. As Stevia was discovered and developed here in the 1930’s I’m at a loss to understand why France let it be banned in the first place. I digress ….

I have bought some plants by post from a company in Nantes and they are doing wonderfully well on my sunny porch, although they will not survive the winter without some t.l.c. From now on I’ll be making my own leaf Stevia as opposed to the refined stuff which can leave a bitter taste.

I know everyone in UK (and Europe) still has difficulty buying Stevia and I’m sure the UK will eventually jump out of the pockets of the fat cat sugar corporations and lift the ban, but in the meantime perhaps a day trip to France wouldn’t be a bad idea for some Stevia shopping.

I have asked the company who stocks the plants if they would send to UK and will let you know what they say and if it is yes, then I will post their link here, if I am able to. I am sure the plants are sold all over the country and even at the markets and with so many ex-pats here now I’m sure a lot of you know someone who know’s someone who has moved here and could help you out. I would even do that myself for anyone who would like me to.

I just thought this little bit of info might be of benefit to the Forum.

Kryssy

kryssy
    Topics: 4

Update:

The company I bought my plants from will deliver to the following countries.

France (10 euros)
    Germany – Belgium – Netherlands – Luxemburg (15 euros)
    UK – Italy – Spain (18 euros)
    Austria – Denmark – Ireland – Portugal (22 euros)
    Finland – Norway – Sweden – Switzerland (25 euros)

I know this postal cost seems high but if you work out how much you pay for powder or liquid Stevia compared to growing your own plants and harvesting the leaves, then added to the cost of the plants (which is reasonable) it can save money in the end. The plants are well established and very healthy and well packaged. I got a free Bottle Brush plant as a gift which was nice.

Link here if interested. I do not have shares or anything else in this company by the way.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I didn’t care for Stevia, even the pure extract, the after-taste wasn’t that bad, and I probably could have lived with that, but each time I tried it I felt that I experienced a mild but weird Candida-like-reaction from it. So I switched to Truvia and didn’t experience the after-taste or the weird reaction, and use it now every morning in chicory coffee. Truvia is a Stevia-based product, and I realize that considering this, all of this makes no sense, but I don’t argue with what my body tells me.
    By the way, I also received a less-mild reaction when I tried Xyiotol, call me weird, it’s not like it’ll be the first time. =)

NeekyNoo

Thank you very much Kryssy, I quite like the idea of having a stevia plant. I don’t actually need a sweetener very often, but having a plant would be nice.

Able; I’m a bit nervous of trying xylitol as I’ve read on some websites that it feeds the candida. I bought a bag and haven’t used it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Stevia’ is closed to new replies.