Starving for carbs

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Starving for carbs

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Kol 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Kol
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

Hi, I’ve been on candida and non-gluten diet for 4weeks. During that time I’ve lost a serious amount of good weight. As a result, I’m as skinny as I’ve nevcer been in my entire life ( I almost look as if I were dying) due to the fact that I eat only chicken, cucumbers, eggs, tomatoes, onions, spinach and garlic. So here’s my question to you. Which anti candida and non gluten product is rich in carbs? Thanks

bloom
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 21

You want low GI carbs really, though not strictly anti-candida, Chickpeas are my favorite and I make lots of Hummus, it’s so much better than the stuff you buy in shops when you learn how to make it to your liking, eaten warm straight from the bowl is a delight.

Kol

Thanks bloom, I going to buy chikcpeas today. Isn’t it similar to brown rice when it comes to GI properties?

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

Buckwheat and oat bran (bran specifically) are excellent sources of energy when on the candida diet. I also eat green lentils and brown rice, but these a fringe foods and not everyone agrees that they are okay.

Kol

Oat bran? Doesn’t it contain gluten, clogging your bowels?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d recommend teff, which has over 300 types of bacteria and is highly nutritious. It’ll promote better digestion, it makes you feel strong, gives you power, and also heals leaky gut. Teff has great weight gain properties.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1477_Introducing-a-new-baking-flour-TEFF-Flour.aspx

-raster

Kol

You’ve caught my attention with that teff raster. However, as I look through online stores, they only sell teff as a flour. Am I supposed to eat teff in that form?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Starving for carbs’ is closed to new replies.