Starting from scratch

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Starting from scratch

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Emsmith 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

I orginally started with the website diet and meds from my MD, had improvements, got cocky, went to a concert, fell off the wagon, etc. I want to start over completely with your forum protocols and try the detox first. My question is do i put a hold on all my supplements too? I am currently on
    vit d3 10,000/day,
    spirulina 1,000mg twice daily,
    chlorella 1,000mg twice daily,
    3 garlic pills= 4.5g of whole clove however they contain soybean oil,
    multi vit. w/organic herbs & minerals, has molybdenum as trioxide 106%DV
    rhodiola 500mg twice daily,
    Capryllic acid 600mg twice daily-just ran out,
    CoQ10 w/bioperine, supposed to help gut but contains rice powder,
    Camu camu-400mg day, has 80mg vit c,
    Occasional collagen powder for hair loss
    I initially used candida cleanse,gi microbe x, diflucan, nystatin, triphala, and am off of all these. My diet has gone astray, I KNOW I have to start over, I am waiting for coconut oil, milk thistle seeds, and molybdenum to arrive, about to order swedish bitters, probiotics, and bentonite powder.

I missed my last 3 periods. Ive never missed in my life and I know this can be from candida. But my cycle started within days of starting the MV with iron. So i guess i need to get an iron supplement by itself once the moly ( amino acids) arrives, can anyone recommend a good one or food source?

I think i should probably stop the garlic and coq10 due to the added ingredients and just try raw garlic. What about roasted garlic is that just as good?
    I am also starting coconut oil pulling, last night i did it for 30 minutes. I just wonder whats the best way…caps, spoonfuls, or pulling? Easier to swish oil for me than swallow and if it binds to all your toxins i would think you wouldnt want to swallow.

Thanks for any and all input!

Emsmith
    Participant

I also was on l-glutamine but someone on the forum said it converts to ammonia and feeds yeast. So i have stopped that until i can get rid of some of the yeast first. I just receieved my organic milk thistle, however they are whole seeds. It probably would be easier in a pill so i knew exactly how many mgs i was getting. I didnt grind them because i dont own a grinder yet, just steeped them in water, very boring tea, in case you are wondering. Has anyone tried eating the milk thistle seeds whole??

juliekathryn20
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 7

Hi Emsmith,

I don’t have a lot of advice to give you because I have only been doing this myself for about 5 weeks or so. Question…did you ever totally cure the candida from the first time or is that why you think it came back so easily when you fell off the boat (because it was still there)? What was the original cause of your candida? Mine was 6 rounds of antibiotics for a sinus infection…which was probably caused by the candida after the first round or two of antibiotics. How long were you originally on your protocol?

Thanks,
    Julie

Emsmith
    Participant

Hi julie!
    I had lyme disease and 3 months of antibiotics. Two years later my acne was at its worst, cystic, and I stumbled accross someone’s blog with the same story. Once I found the website it all made sense, brain fog, irritability, ibs, (which all tend to come and go.) I ignored these symptoms until cloudy urine, but even being a RN I still didn’t think yeast. I also had what my primary and dermatologist diagnosed as cradle cap. It basically looked like dandruff but the skin underneath was red/patchy. They prescribed $$$$ and didnt mention diet or yeast. I tried the website (not forum) diet and rxs, my skin improved in days and everything else just followed. I was free of symptoms and went to a concert, didnt want to be the only one not drinking so, all downhill ever since. I hadnt cheated until the concert which was 3 1/2 months later. I was taking probiotics but not enough! I also didnt do a cleanse first, but weekly accupuncture I loved. Now my hair loss is the worst ever, will get labwork back tomorrow for t3/t4, etc. I wonder if the remaining yeast became resistant and stronger thus causing my hair loss to be much worse? I have read to try biotin so hopefully that will work, if i could only remember to buy it!
    Don’t cheat! Its definitely not worth it. How are you doing so far?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

rhodiola 500mg twice daily,

If by rhodiola, you’re speaking of Rhodiola rosea, you definitely do not need to be taking the rhodiola which is another name for goldenseal. It destroys the flora in the intestines which you should be trying to restore.
    You don’t need to do a cleanse, and don’t stop taking your natural supplements, just start using a good diet and stick with it until the treatment has done its work. This is usually an indefinite period of time. Do you want a copy of the stricter diet that most of the forum members are using?

I missed my last 3 periods. Ive never missed in my life and I know this can be from candida. But my cycle started within days of starting the MV with iron. So i guess i need to get an iron supplement by itself once the moly ( amino acids) arrives, can anyone recommend a good one or food source?

What you should be taking in place of iron supplements is Apo-Lactoferrin. Read the following page for an explanation on this supplement. http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst5046_Lactoferrin.aspx

I think i should probably stop the garlic and coq10 due to the added ingredients and just try raw garlic.

That depends on the added ingredients.

What about roasted garlic is that just as good?

Roasted garlic is alright, but you can also be eating it raw.

I am also starting coconut oil pulling, last night i did it for 30 minutes. I just wonder whats the best way…caps, spoonfuls, or pulling? Easier to swish oil for me than swallow and if it binds to all your toxins i would think you wouldnt want to swallow.

You should be taking coconut oil by the spoonful as well as using it it for oil pulling. Coconut oil is the best natural antifungal available, plus it gives you added calories which are much needed during the diet. Don’t swallow it during the oil pulling therapy sessions.

Able

Emsmith
    Participant

Will stop the rhodiola now! And up my CO,
    The added ingred. In the garlic was soybean oil now brand, and the coq10 had rice powder.
    Should i restart l glutamine? If i dont do the cleanse should i still do the bentonite?
    I just got the strick diet right before thanksgiving and was waiting on the moly, having bad breakouts, hair loss, and mild headache-improves with moly. Thank you Able!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Starting from scratch’ is closed to new replies.