Starting Candida diet… ADVICE/SUPPORT/STRENGTH welcome!!! Anyone with endometriosis?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Starting Candida diet… ADVICE/SUPPORT/STRENGTH welcome!!! Anyone with endometriosis?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  astnr1 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jodhin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hello all,

I have been told I have been struggling with Candida issues for many years, from my allergist. I have yet to make the commitment to start the diet. This is very hard for me to do. I have attempted a start and it’s just something I feel I need to mentally prepare myself for.

Some reasons why this is hard,
    -Changing my diet
    -I enjoy drinking
    -I have a major sweet tooth
    -I have issues with texture with eating
    -I can’t stand most raw vegatables, mostly because of the texture issues (really wish I could eat vegetables and tolerate them!!)

Anyone out there who can give me help, support, or strength in doing this?! I read the stories and get inspired. I am thinking of fully committing to starting my diet March 1st.
    I am think of doing the cleanse?? Possibly taking off work to really commit to it.
    Any suggestions?!!?!

Thank you!!

Also, it has been brought to my attention that I may have endomitriosis and that it can be associated with candida… any advice?? I am looking for other options before commiting to having the surgery done to checking that out…

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Starting Candida diet… ADVICE/SUPPORT/STRENGTH welcome!!! Anyone with endometriosis?

I don’t know you, but I bet you’re smart enough to know that the strength you’ll looking for is going to come from you, no one can give this to you or tell you where to find it. But trust me when I say we’ll support you for as long as you’re serious about the treatment and are willing to work at it.

Some reasons why this is hard,
    -Changing my diet
    -I enjoy drinking
    -I have a major sweet tooth
    -I have issues with texture with eating
    -I can’t stand most raw vegetables, mostly because of the texture issues

I doubt you’ll find anyone on the forum who hasn’t claimed at least one or two of these reasons. You’re not alone by any stretch, but guess what; they’re now on the diet.

I can’t stand most raw vegetables

Who told you that you have to eat your vegetables raw?

Also, it has been brought to my attention that I may have endometriosis and that it can be associated with candida.

Women who have endometriosis also suffer from an immune imbalance, which normally accompanies a Candida infestation as well, plus, research says that women suffering with endometriosis exhibit a high incidence of Candida overgrowth. The immune dysfunction causes the production of prostaglandin E2 to be increased in the body, and prostaglandin E2 inhibits the body’s normal immune response to Candida. So yes, I would say the two are associated.

Able

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

John,
    You can do this!! It might seem hard but it something that anyone can do. I know you can because I have. Take one step at a time. I love food and I love sweets! I come from Italian family that eats wonderful food that I can no longer eat. But I still can eat good food. It better for me and it is the only way I will get better. There are great recipes out there, check out the recipes on the forum. Whenever you think about eating something that you should not have, think about all the months it will put you back on getting better. Think of all the extra time you might have living a great life if you dont eat that thing. The hardest time for me personally is going to family events where great food is there and you can eat it. If you have a fantastic family like I do they will have choices that you can have. When I go to other family events that this is not the case I usually bring my own dish that I can eat (such as a egg casserole dish)or eat before and snack on a salad while they are eating.
    Hope this helps,
    Lauren

astnr1
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 1

You are not alone!

I have just started this diet and am not dealing too well with the emotional repercussions. I had a hard enough time cutting out alcohol; I’m a major foodie, so when I realized certain things could be out of my diet forever, it devastated me— mostly because so much of our social lives revolve around food, and you never want to be ‘that guy/girl’ who can’t ever eat anything. I am hoping that both you and I stick with it and can start reintroducing foods one day; until then, know you are not alone, and that many of us find the initial process really sucky, too. Hang in there, and more importantly, feel better.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Starting Candida diet… ADVICE/SUPPORT/STRENGTH welcome!!! Anyone with endometriosis?’ is closed to new replies.