Stage 2 here I come!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Stage 2 here I come!

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

tgt2011
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

Hi Able,
    I’m so excited that I got to stage 2. I’m really proud of my self for being strict with my self and following the plan as is.

now that I’m on stage 2, I was really looking forward to trying “new” things like potato, apples and grapefruit.

I did want to ask, Can I eat potato chips and french fries? I wasn’t sure.
    Also, in stage 2, you can’t add vinegar yet, correct?

Thanks!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hi, Tgt.

All you can do during stage 2 is to test foods a few bites at a time; the reason for this is because there is still Candida in your system, and it’s very possibly to set off a chain reaction of symptoms if you’re not careful.

I have a few questions; did you start the coconut oil and if so, when and how many tablespoons are you taking in one day?

Also, did you start the probiotic that I suggested and if so, what day did you start it?

Are you still experiencing any die-off symptoms at all? If so, how strong are they?

I would test a Granny Smith apple first. Eat only ¼ of a medium to small size apple and wait for a day to see if you have any reactions to it at all. If not, you know that you can eat ¼ of a Granny Smith apple twice a week. I wouldn’t even think about potatoes in any form yet if I were you, grapefruit either. Are you eating organic Greek yogurt and if so, how often and how much at a time?

Able

tgt2011

Hi Able,
    Thank you for your guidance, by my take of the website, I would be all over potatoes, sweet potatoes etc by now.

Coconut oil: haven’t started yet, but I ordered it should be coming tomorrow or the day after that. how many spoons a day should I be taking? I did start using Molybdenum last Wednesday.

I started using probiotics about 10 days ago.

After I started using Molybdenum the die off symptoms reduced to a minimum. I am not as tired, I hardly have dizziness, and all and all feeling pretty well. I’m not sure, is this a good sign?

I’m lactose intolerant, so I don’t eat any dairy products…

Looking forward to your words of wisdom 🙂

tgt

Able900
    Spectator

tgt2011 wrote: … all and all feeling pretty well. I’m not sure, is this a good sign?

Hello, Tgt.

To answer your question, the fact that you’re “feeling pretty well” certainly isn’t a bad sign. =)

As far as the stages listened on any website, including this one, are concerned, for the most part they’re all incorrect. This is because when the sites tell you that it’s time to move on to a different stage, they are ‘assuming’ that you are ready to do so. In other words, they’re giving every single person with a Candida infestation the very same timeline as far as when to change their treatment, when in reality, just like with any other disease, every person with the disease is different and everyone has different degrees of the illness and are therefore experiencing at different stages of their treatment results depending on the severity of their particular case. You can see how giving every person the same timeline is the most ridiculous advice anyone can offer.

Listen to your body, pay close attention to any Candida or die-off symptoms, even a small one, and if you can’t remember the information, write down when and how severe the symptoms are as well as which food you believe caused the reaction. We’ll talk more about adding food to your diet later on as you progress.
    The fact that you’ve not been taking coconut oil is a big factor as far as when you start adding more foods items which will pose a chance of Candida symptoms. Start with three teaspoons a day after each meal and let me know if you experience any die-off symptoms at all. If you do not, you can raise the amount to six teaspoons or two tablespoons the next day.

Keep in mind that one of the most important factors of a Candida treatment is to take it slow. Not following that rule is exactly why the majority of people with Candida infestations experience a relapse of the disease after they thought they had reached a cure.

Able

tgt2011

Hi Able,
    Since you mentioned Coconut oil was so important to the process, and that I will need to eat that much of it, I went to the store and bought a jar (I thought it would be much more hard to find than it actually was).

I ate 3 teaspoons of it today at lunch time, and it made quite a mess out of my stomach. I read somewhere that coconut oil can have a side effect of diarrhea, and with my touchy stomach, it had that effect over me. Should I go on and keep using it regardless?

As to the die off symptoms, today before I took the coconut oil the dizziness returned, and after I took it I felt quite Nauseated. I also thought of something I wasn’t sure could be regarded as a die-off symptom: my feet are acting up with athletes feet like they haven’t in years. could that be part of it?

Thanks,
    tgt

sunshine33
    Replies: 17

Hi tgt,

I’ve been on the diet for a little over five weeks, and I started with the coconut oil week two. I had the same problems as you when I first started taking it. My stomach would start churning and make me kind of nauseous. And it would kind of rise up in my throat, sort of like heartburn. But I’ve found over time that I can take a lot more of it and no longer have those effects. Start slow, maybe just a teaspoon at a time, and build your way up. I found that eating it off a teaspoon made me gag, so I tried drinking it from a shot glass and it doesn’t bother me at all. I have found, though, that it’s best to drink it when I’m near a bathroom, because it kicks my stomach into high gear. So I drink it first thing in the morning and right after work.

tgt2011

Hi Sunshine33
    Thank you so much for writing back. that’s encouraging to know. I’ll definately try that shot glass, and the tip about early and late in the day when I’m at home.
    Sounds like a plan.

Thanks again.

tgt

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, tgt.

Sunshine was right about your stomach being able to adapt to the coconut oil, and taking less for a while until you’re more used to it is fine.
    About the dizziness, do you have the Molybdenum to take to lessen the die-off symptoms?

This is an extremely important supplement to have during a die-off experience, not only to help you feel better, but also to protect your liver from the dangerous toxins that the dead Candida release into your body.
    I’ve just made a new post about athlete’s foot and now to treat it.

Able

tgt2011

Hi Able,
    I have Molybdenum, I take it once a day in the morning. should I have it with me at all times in case I have a die off symptom?

I will look into your post. thank you!

Able900
    Spectator

tgt, you can take the Molybdenum – if it’s needed – up to three times a day as long as the amount is 250 mcg or less.

If a person is rather deficient in Molybdenum, it may work quicker, but normally it would need to be used for several days before seeing much of an improvement. The Candidate will work better as immediate relief from die-off symptoms.

tgt2011

Hi Able,
    So, right now I’m on coconut oil about 3 times a day 1tbsp, Molybdenum about once a day, and I started Candidate yesterday. I’m also taking probiotics.

Yesterday I had a quarter of an apple, and besides the fact that my stomach seemed to be getting used to the idea of something like an apple again, I had no particular side effects.

What should be my next step?
    When should I introduce other foods, and what should be the next anti fungi you recommend.

Thanks,
    tgt

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, tg.

I’m typing this under the assumption that you’re still taking the Renew Life, Ultimate Flora, Critical Colon probiotic at 50-billion count daily. Let me know if that’s incorrect. How many of those do you have left in the bottle?

Am I correct in thinking that you’ve only been on the diet and/or detoxing for about a month?

If so, frankly, I don’t think it’s time to introduce any other food item at this time. You’ve already added the apple; are you eating Granny Smith apples? If not, these are the ones you should be having.

As far as “adding” another antifungal product, I wouldn’t add a different one right now because you can raise the amounts of what you’re already taking and have the same result, only better because there’s really no need to purchase another one when you already have two of the best available (coconut oil and a probiotic). I would simply raise the amount of coconut oil to four or five tablespoons a day, whichever you’re more comfortable with. In a few days, we can raise it again. After you’ve finished with the bottle of probiotics you now have, you should raise the amount of those as well.

Able

tgt2011

Thanks Able,
    your assumption that I’m taking renew life probiotic at 50 billion count daily is correct.

Yep, I’ve been on the diet for a month, and I have been eating Granny smith apples (my favorite any way 🙂

The Coconut oil is growing on me, so I see no problem in increasing to 5 tbsp. I think I have about 7 pills left. I will start taking probiotics twice a day after that.

I understand that 7 weeks is not going to be the timeline (as the website states), and I’m definitely not planning to go back to my previous diet regime, but lately I’ve been having intense craving to something sweet. I didn’t do anything about it, but I guess what I’m trying to say is if I could have an idea of how long the process is going to take, it could make my struggle easier.

I hope this last paragraph made some sense…

Thanks again!

Able900
    Spectator

tgt2011 wrote: I understand that 7 weeks is not going to be the timeline (as the website states), and I’m definitely not planning to go back to my previous diet regime, but lately I’ve been having intense craving to something sweet. I didn’t do anything about it, but I guess what I’m trying to say is if I could have an idea of how long the process is going to take, it could make my struggle easier.

Hello, Tg.

I understand that you would like to know how long you need to put up with this strict regimen, but you must also understand that every single person with Candida is different and each person responds differently to the treatment. In addition to that, the treatment’s progress depends on a few other aspects, such as how long a person has actually suffered from Candida symptoms. That makes a big difference sometimes as to how quick a person heals from both Candida and all the negative aspects of Candida which also must be healed. I’m speaking of such things as leaky gut syndrome and a low immune system, which is often one of the actual causes of the Candida in the first place. In this case, the immune system (adrenals) will have to become healthy in order to both completely cure the infestation as well as prevent it from recurring. You do understand how all of these different aspects greatly influence the length of time involved, right?

If I remember correctly, you believe you’ve had Candida for around 8 years, that’s a long time compared to some, yet not compared to others, many of whom have suffered from 10 to 20 years. Plus, I don’t know if you are suffering from leaky gut syndrome, or to what degree your adrenals may have become drained, if at all.

If you have not already done so, look at the recipes on the forum, you may find a few things that will help you tolerate the diet much better. For example, the coconut flour bread is a great way to fill more satisfied, and it can be eaten freely as it contains nothing that would be detrimental to the treatment.

You might try to eat some organic plain Greek yogurt if you’ve not already. You can purchase “Coco Lopez (brand) Real Cream of Coconut.” Try adding a little Truvia or Stevia extract to the yogurt, and then a few tablespoons of the coconut cream, mix well, and chill in the freezer for four or five minutes (optional). This will give you a superb ‘sweet’ taste which should satisfy that craving you’re experiencing.
    By the way, I would open the can of coconut cream, pour it into a glass container, and store any leftover amount in the refrigerator.

You’re doing fine you know; just don’t give into that that craving by negative means.

Able

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Stage 2 here I come!’ is closed to new replies.