Stage 1-Newbie

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Stage 1-Newbie

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

runnergirl
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

I was diagnosed with food allerigies in October (wheat, gluten, yeast). I have been avoiding these foods since then but haven’t felt any better. I was avoiding the obvious yeast but didn’t know I should be avoiding sugar, fruit etc. Today I started Stage 1 and I’m eating steamed veggies and drinking organic vegatable broth. I know everyone is different as far as the general diet is concerned, but I didn’t see any approximate time for the cleanse. I’m a runner but rehabing a knee injury so this is good timing for the cleanse. Thanks for any information.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello and welcome to the forum.

This post should be of help in addressing your concerns.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst997_Proper-and-Safe-Cleanse.aspx

And this is the protocol that the members of the forum are using.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Let us know if you have questions concerning either link.
    Able

Ashlay
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 57

Runnergirl, this is exactly what I was “diagnosed” with in October 2011, unfortunately it took me 1 more year to narrow my research down and discover candida was the root cause, and I had infact been feeding it for the past year with gluten-free but sugar filled goods. I realised something else was wrong when my symptoms did not disappear even after changing to a gluten free diet.

Since starting the diet I have seen massive improvement in my skin, the terrible acne on my face has cleared, the pussy spots all over my feet, the skin breakages all over my arms, elbows, knees and legs have all but nearly healed up. I feel more awake, depression has lifted and I’m starting to get my energy back, although long working days take it out of me, I know I am on the road of recovery.

I have just started bombarding my body with probiotics (fivelac and homemade kefir) and am taking a number of other supplements which are helping with the die off.

It seems our diagnosis is pretty similar so any questions you may have for me, don’t hesitate 🙂

Ash

runnergirl

I’m frustrated because I read the book “Wheat Belly” and read all these stories of people who stopped eating wheat/gluten and their lives were changed. I’ve been wheat/gluten/yeast free for 4 months and I don’t feel any different. My tongue gets tingling and I feel like I have something in my throat if I eat something that had these things and I wasn’t aware. I’ve had these symptoms for years, no one could figure it out. I trained for a marathon July-November and drank Gatorade and ate high sugar foods on the run, not aware that I was feeding the yeast. I figured that if I stopped eating yeast, that was all I needed to do. I’m glad I found this website. I believe I do have wheat and gluten allergies but it’s due to the underlying yeast overgrowth.

Able900
    Spectator

runnergirl wrote: I’m frustrated because I read the book “Wheat Belly” and read all these stories of people who stopped eating wheat/gluten and their lives were changed. I’ve been wheat/gluten/yeast free for 4 months and I don’t feel any different. My tongue gets tingling and I feel like I have something in my throat if I eat something that had these things and I wasn’t aware. I’ve had these symptoms for years, no one could figure it out. I trained for a marathon July-November and drank Gatorade and ate high sugar foods on the run, not aware that I was feeding the yeast. I figured that if I stopped eating yeast, that was all I needed to do. I’m glad I found this website. I believe I do have wheat and gluten allergies but it’s due to the underlying yeast overgrowth.

You’ll never cure a Candida overgrowth by simply avoiding wheat and glutton. Have you read the protocol and diet?

Able

runnergirl

Yes, Able see first post. Thank you for the information.

Able900
    Spectator

runnergirl wrote: Yes, Able see first post. Thank you for the information.

I read your first post, your second and your third. I wrote that because of your statement, “I’m frustrated because I read the book “Wheat Belly” and read all these stories of people who stopped eating wheat/gluten and their lives were changed. I’ve been wheat/gluten/yeast free for 4 months and I don’t feel any different.”

I was referring to the fact that these people’s lives were changed because they didn’t have a Candida overgrowth but rather glutton intolerance, so there was no reason for you to feel frustrated. But of course you now know that as well, however, you’re not the only person reading the posts.

Able

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Stage 1-Newbie’ is closed to new replies.