Stage 1 – Leek soup

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Stage 1 – Leek soup

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jnealeigh 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

BellusStella
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 11

I got the recipe off the bag of leeks (sliced and washed) I bought and made it my own to fit this diet. The recipe called for Potatoes, instead I used Rutabaga.

Ingredients
    2 packages of sliced leeks (500g)
    1-2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil (or 3 tbsp of butter)
    1/2 onion, chopped
    1 celery stick, minced
    Persil (or chervil), to taste
    6 cups of organic vegetable or chicken broth
    1 medium rutabaga (or 4 medium potatoes), peeled, washed and cubed
    1 cup of coconut milk (or 15% cooking cream)

In a pan, heat up olive oil (or melt butter) and brown leeks, onion, celery and persil (or chervil). Add broth and potatoes. Cook 30-40 minutes, until rutabage (or potatoes) are soft. Run soup through the food processor. Adjust seasoning. Add coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Serve. Makes between 4-6 portions.

I also added sea salt and black and white pepper 🙂

melissamarievan
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 8

I have made this too using rutabaga. Its soooooo good! I usually make a large batch and keep it in the fridge but add the coconut milk and spices just before eating. Other family members eat it better that way if they can make it to their liking. I usually add garlic to the mix as well. I like mine with cinnamon and a bit of cayenne pepper! It’s also good made similarly but with cauliflower.

jnealeigh
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 10

Thanks for the recipe. It was really tasty. I made it with cauliflower instead of rutabaga (had excess cauliflower that need to be used before going bad:), but I will try with rutabaga next time!

J

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Stage 1 – Leek soup’ is closed to new replies.