Stage 1 cleanse – please help

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Stage 1 cleanse – please help

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

katp
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

hi all, I am new to this, I have reason to believe I have Candida overgrowth and have started doing the Stage 1 detox since Sunday. I woke up today (4 days later) feeling extremely week, dizzy, unable to stand for more than a few seconds and with heart palpitations.
    This scared me very much as I live alone, and I had to resort to eating some quinoa and 2 small chocolate bites (yikes!), just to bring my sugar levels up. Don’t want to go into hypoglyceamic shock now do i?!
    I am suffering from low iron levels for years now and also have a thyroid disorder. Would it be ok to press on with stage 2 of the diet? I really don’t think I can continue with stage 1 given my reaction to it today.
    I have purchased Threelac so perhaps I should start on it asap?

Any advice would be welcome. many thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Check out the protocol:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

What you experiencing is die-off symptoms. If you take molybdenum this should help reduce the die-off symptoms.

Eating sugar won’t help but make it worse. It is not related to blood sugar.

Are you doing the psyllium husk and clay clenase from the website? This isn’t recommended because it can cause internal bleeding if you have severe leaky gut.

-raster

katp

Thanks. I was indeed doing the shake with Psyllium and the other power, and I don’t think I have ever been more constipated in my life! Haven’t had a bowel movement since Sunday!! Should I stop it?
    I think I will press on with stage 2, I have already had rice cakes and some fish today, I really need the protein and variety especially as I have low iron.
    Do you think this will affect the diet, in that I won’t benefit from it? thanks for your reply.

raster
    Participant

I would start stage 1 of the diet; don’t worry about stage 2 yet. I would stop the clay and psyllium husks as well, you need your digestion to be as good as possible…

Rice cakes are not allowed on stage 1 of the diet. Check out the allowed foods list for suggestions on your diet.

-raster

katp

I don’t think stage 1 is realistic for me, I work and am also doing a Masters. I am a performer, so I need loads of physical energy which today I was lacking completely, I almost fainted. I have bought already Bayberry Formula, is this ok to use instead of Molybdenum? I intend to carry on with stage for at least 3-4 months (if not for ever!), so I am taking it very seriously. But I find stage 1 impossible for me 🙁
    thanks a lot for your reply.

raster
    Participant

I completely understand because I did the same thing. I started with stage 3 then stage 2 and finally stage 1. 7 months into the diet I still mostly stick to stage 1 foods with a few stage 2 foods. It doesn’t take much for candida to bloom and it can take as long as 6-18 months to fully recover from candida overgrowth.

Eventually you may find that stage 1 works best, I wish you luck on the diet!

There are plenty of great foods to eat during stage 1, like my good old favorite buckwheat! Teff bread is really tasty and I like greek yogurt.

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stage 1 cleanse – please help’ is closed to new replies.