sorghum

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

myucateco
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 6

I was reading recently that sorghum is a gluten free grain. Does anyone know if it is ok for any stage of the candida diet? I’m hesitant to try it because its not listed on the site that I can see. Also, its described as tasting sweet which makes me think it might not be good. But its readily available in my city while quinoa and amaranth are not.

Anyone have any info?

Thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It’s also called millet and do a search for it on the forum (upper right hand corner). I believe its OK for you if you have no bad symptoms following eating it.

-raster

nikki
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 136

yeah it’s millet, low in GI, and is a prebiotic.
    so should be good, I’m going to try this starting may 2nd week,
    will update

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

I’ve been confused about the difference between sorghum and millet flour. Aren’t they different varieties of grasses? Furthermore, a google search revealed that sorghum contains 70% starch. Is it OK for the diet? Anyone used it for baking?

misscandida
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 26

I love millet I think it tastes great! I boil it in water as per instructions on the packet, then lightly saute some veggies aside (I do aubergines, onions and courgettes but you can use whatever you like). When the millet is ready I pour it in the wok with the vegetables, stir it well, put the whole thing in a baking pan and put it in the oven for 20 mins. It’s really easy and lasts for up to 5 days in the fridge, so it’s good if you (like me) don’t have much time to cook 🙂

M

@misscandida,

Are you talking about millet flour or millet groats?

misscandida

I am talking about millet groats!

M

That’s what I thought. I sometimes have the groats myself.

I’m more concerned with Sorghum flour though. As far as I’m aware, sorghum and millet are not exactly the same.

misscandida

Oh ok, sorry, I don’t know much about the flour… will leave it to the experts to reply..

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I take back my statement; it seems that millet and sorghum are slightly different, however they look the same and both are gluten free grass grains.

Hopefully able can chime in and make sure that both are fine on the diet as well.

-raster

M

Able?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Sorghum is a form of grass related to the sugar cane plant. I think I would leave it alone if possible.

Millet is a small, round grain food. If you have a choice, I would stick with millet or some other grain source — for the second phase of the diet only.

Able

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘sorghum’ is closed to new replies.