Some help please, I started Stage 1 today

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Some help please, I started Stage 1 today

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ashlay 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ashlay
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 57

Hi Everyone,

My name is Ashley, I feel so glad to have found this website! I have been reading all the information for a couple of weeks now and have cut my diet right back, as even though I was eating healthy and killing the candida, I did not realise that things like potatoes and carrots actually fed the problem.

So I rode out Xmas and New year, I was very good, only snuck a very few chocolates, and I think I’m lucky to have gotten away without any major set backs.

So I’ve started the Stage 1 today and have a few questions, I hope you can help:

1. What foods should be eaten while doing the colon cleanse? There is a table of foods for Option 1 here but nothing for Option 2. Today I had a leafy salad – courgettes, green pepper, tomatoe, spinach and lettuce leave drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, is this ok?

2. I have noticed that foods such as Wholegrain Brown Rice and Gluten Free Oats are very low is sugar, but quite high per gram in starch. Are these foods ok and throughout what stages should they be avoided/reintroduced?

3. Is Coconut Bread ok to eat in Stage 1?

That’s all I can think of for now, but I’m sure i’ll have a few more q’s in the coming weeks! 🙂

Thanks for any help!

Ashley

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Please refer to the two following posts:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

and

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

In general, starches should be avoided. A good alternative to rice is buckwheat which contains 25% starch (much less) when compared to rice. Rice should be saved for phase 2 if possible.

Check out this post on a safe cleanse:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst997_Proper-and-Safe-Cleanse.aspx

I wouldn’t do the clay and psyllium husk cleanse because it can cause internal bleeding.

-Raster

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

raster wrote: In general, starches should be avoided. A good alternative to rice is buckwheat which contains 25% starch (much less) when compared to rice. Rice should be saved for phase 2 if possible.

What’s the rest of it made from? It’s like 60%+ net carbs, so wouldn’t it all be some kind of starch? I saw some wholegrain rolled oats today that were 60% carbs with 11% fibre, and only 1% sugar. Lentils can be under 30% net carbs with 1-2% sugar.

Does 1-2% of sugar really outweigh an extra 10-30% starch? This is something I can’t find an answer to so far. Intuitively, I’d go for the lowest net carb choice with the minimal amount of sugar. I also remember Able saying something about the benefits of fibre in fighting candida, which makes buckwheat seem less and less appealing compared to lentils. Can anyone explain this?

Ashlay
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 57

Thanks for those great links.

I’m going to halt the pysllium after reading the negative commend on it, I think I have enough internal damage without risking anymore! Plus this detox is much simpler and will be easier as I work a lot of hours.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Some help please, I started Stage 1 today’ is closed to new replies.