so confused with symtoms for 6 months

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions so confused with symtoms for 6 months

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Hello all. First time in the forum. I ll quickly explain what is going on. I have had a sinus infection for about three years now and it doesn’t go away. It comes back 3 months later, so to help fix that I had nasal surgery a week ago. So 5 months ago I drank a capfull of apple cidar vinegar and the next day I started having pains in stomach and acid reflux. Never had acid reflux and I m 31 years old. So general dr’s gave me GI cocktail to calm stomach and it helped with burn. My heartburn and stomach pains got better but my acid reflux is here. I didn’t and don’t get bad burning just the feeling of mucus coming up and I feel it coming up. I got an upper endoscope done, he found mild gastris, mild esophogitis and a 1 cm hiatal hernia. He said take 40 mg of prilosec and nexium a day. I took them for about 3 weeks and gained even more bloat, I felt my food wasn’t digesting. I felt just as bad but noticed my heartburn was at least better. Still had acid reflux. So went to get a second opinion, the GI dr said stop the ppi’s take a colon cleanse for two days and this antifungal for Baceria overgrowth. I did all of that still not too much better. I didn’t have that stuck feeling in throat but still had mucous or acid coming up. I tried gluten free, dairy free. Seen a holistic dr a month ago. He mentioned what yeast overgrowth is and said with all my antibiotics I most likely have high yeast. He tested my blood and stool. We found out I m a little gluten intolerant in both, some wheat intolerances, coffee, safflower oil but my bakers and brewers yeast was through the roof. I have a yeast saccramysis overgrowth, a 2 out of 4, aren’t breaking down proteins well. I had little good bacteria in me. So I did the Candida diet for a few weeks and I felt terrible. I m 5 ft 9 132 pounds. I am so skinny due to eating so clean. I ate a diet of a ton of carbs and sugar for my whole life so I m assuming that didnt help me, giving me yeast to feed on. So I have been gluten free, dairy free, limiting carbs and sugar. I ve been eating meat, veggies, little bit of quinoa. Grain oatmeal, eggs, and pasta just to keep me sane. Gluten free once a week or so. The Dr said I should be able to eat sugar and carbs again after my yeast is gone. Well its been two weeks of eating like this and I still have bad bloating, no heartburn but the horrible acid reflux is here. Been a month also of probiotics, dgl licorice and digestive enzymes. I am not on a anti fungal yet so Idk what to do. I m so stress out by this. Has anyone had anything like this or can explain or clarify anything. Any help would be great

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It sounds like you are experiencing die-off symptoms from the diet. What could be making it worse is that your diet feeds the bad bacteria in the gut, possibly perpetuating the die-off. Have you done any candida tests? Your diet is not good enough to kill off the yeast and thus are making you feel bad.

The acid reflux symptom is likely due to lack of stomach acids, namely HCL (hydro chloric acid). If you supplement yourself with HCL you likely will notice an improvement.

If you are not protecting the liver, this is the main organ that makes you feel bad with malaise like feelings.

Western medicine doesn’t cure things in my opinion, but only treats the symptoms.

Hope this helps.

-raster

moochpb

thanks for responding. I had stool samples come out saying negative for Candida but overgrowth of a different kind of yeast. But I m kinda confused about that. My general Dr said to take a ppi again or zantac to combat the reflux but thats masking the problem and increasing yeast in my body I thought? I m gonna try that supplement and hope that helps with my mild yet annoying reflux. My holistic Dr said to do the Candida diet but add some pastas at time and so forth so I m confused how strict to be. What makes matters worse I m on a two or three week course of antibiotics since I just had nasal surgery however this surgery opens up my draining to combat infections. I just don’t get if I have overgrowth of yeast how is that different from Candida? thanks

foolishheart
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hey Moochpb – did you try the HCL? How did it work for you? I also have a hiatal hernia and the reflux is killing me! I tried organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar last night in desperation, but it didn’t help enough. Finally had to take a tsp of baking soda in water before I could get to sleep. I’m hoping this will go away over time, but not sure what to do in the mean time. I’m following the strict diet, and eating very small portions but still having reflux. Last night was way worse, I think because of some garlic in my soup.

moochpb

I do the hcl, I really don’t feel much different. My stool is formed at least and my digestion might be better. I have still bad bloating below belly button and mild reflux. More of a clear my throat, mucous feeling. I eat alot but clean. Lots of meat and veggies. I don’t get a burning feeling from reflux anymore at least. But this sucks with the bloating. Sorry bout ur reflux hope u feel better

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

SF722 is another acid that can help digestion and it has a similar effect as HCL. ACV is acidic as well and does the same thing.

Baking soda is alkaline and works very differently.

I believe the cure for your acid problems likely lies with pH though and so I would examine this further.

-raster

moochpb

I’m tempted to get on antibiotics for my sibo but antibiotics are the cause of my yeast and bad bacteria. I’m just upset its been more then two months of treatment and still ugly bloating. I gotta get sf722

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘so confused with symtoms for 6 months’ is closed to new replies.