Smart way to reintro foods with sugar?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Smart way to reintro foods with sugar?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sp1543 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 59

So I’ve been giving this some thought after reading something similar … Wouldn’t one of the smartest way to reintro a food during the second phase of the diet be to eat said food — example: a few slices of green apple — first thing in the morning in combination with kefir? Wouldn’t that pretty mch ensure that the kefir bacteria would eat such a little amount of sugar?
    Is this logical? ( please note that I am not suggesti this for people who are still symptomatic nor ammo recommending doing this with say, candy bars.)

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Hy wrote: So I’ve been giving this some thought after reading something similar … Wouldn’t one of the smartest way to reintro a food during the second phase of the diet be to eat said food — example: a few slices of green apple — first thing in the morning in combination with kefir? Wouldn’t that pretty mch ensure that the kefir bacteria would eat such a little amount of sugar?
    Is this logical? ( please note that I am not suggesti this for people who are still symptomatic nor ammo recommending doing this with say, candy bars.)

I find some fruits a good option to start releasing the diet. Fructose is mostly absorbed very fast in the upper IT. If you are advanced in your treatment, green apples and berries are a good option to start.
    Other options are sweet potatoes, yam, malanga root, plantains, etc.
    Jorge.

sp1543
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 57

Personally i think fructose is the worst.
    I think fructose malabsorption is actually a symptom of having the incorrect flora in your gut and this fructose would infact not be absorbed well and instead would affect the water potential in the lumen and be consumed by non-beneficial flora further along. In any case, a decent amount of glucose is required in conjunction with fructose for effective uptake.

-Kyle

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would stick to what dvgorge said; eat low sugar fruits only. I would eat green apples and all berries; blueberries have the lowest sugar than other berries per serving. Blueberries are also anti-inflammatory and are anti-oxidents. Fruit can heal leaky gut as well. Papaya might be another one you could research as well. I would try out coconut milk for weight gain (get one without sugar or has low sugar).

-raster

sp1543
    Participant

raster wrote: Fruit can heal leaky gut as well.

Got a reference for that, I can check out?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Sure Kyle,

Dr. Mcoomb’s has stated this:

http://www.mccombsplan.com/new/media_center/index.php

-raster

sp1543
    Participant

I do not see the reference on that link; just a chiropractor’s homepage.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Smart way to reintro foods with sugar?’ is closed to new replies.