Small intestine bacterial overgrowth, how to get rid of it??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Small intestine bacterial overgrowth, how to get rid of it??

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  klips32 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Since I introduced kefir and much more potens probiotics I have some really anoying bloating problems after eating kefir and pre-biotic veggies, sometimes also after taking a probiotics cap.

Is this how it starts with SIBO or??

EDIT:
    I have this. How do I remove it safe?

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

Take away your probiotic for a day and see if your symptoms improve – probiotics feed SIBO
    Reduce fibre intake – also see if symptoms improve as it also feeds SIBO

JD

klips32
    Participant

How do I get rid of this?

I cant eat green stuff. I cant eat yoghurt, kefir, probiotics ore anything else related to this.

My MD can give me a antibiotic, but…what about candida?

I helps not to eat fiber and to drink applecider vinegar,,

1533jd

Hey Klips, the whole probiotic and sibo debate completely through me off into confusion too. What I have been told Is the theory is quite simple. First get it under control. Then you need to identify what particular strains you have which are overgrown so the probiotic you use doesnt infact have the same ones which you have overgrown. So ultimately the aim would be to crowd them out with the right ones.

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

I really like GI Microb-X. Try it for a month for this.

klips32
    Participant

1533jd;41707 wrote: Hey Klips, the whole probiotic and sibo debate completely through me off into confusion too. What I have been told Is the theory is quite simple. First get it under control. Then you need to identify what particular strains you have which are overgrown so the probiotic you use doesnt infact have the same ones which you have overgrown. So ultimately the aim would be to crowd them out with the right ones.

And how do I find out what strain they are? Just trying out simple probiotics? (few strains) or a test at the MD?

1533jd

Scouring the internet and reading up about how ineffectively people have been able to treat SIBO is scary and definitely made me feel rubbish many times. If you feel confused/overwhelmed and feel downright deflated after reading all the negative jargon on the internet I can most certainly emphasise with you.

I am in the process of starting to follow this theory I have described with my NP, after avoiding probiotics like the plague for so long. I did this for the same reasons you probably have avoided them. 1) Because I had such an awful reaction from taking them and 2) Read sooo much conflicting opinions. I like you need to get it under control first and then slowly need to introduce probiotics to crowd out the bad bacteria with the good ones. I was told it may not be necessary to test for specific strains unless by some small chance you are unable to eliminate the overgrowth with your probiotics, which I assume would of been down to not eliminating them enough before taking the prob’s.

If you are for example taking a 20Billion Capsule and getting a huge die off reaction, I would recommend starting on using 1/10th of the probiotic (opening up the capsule and putting it on your tongue) and gradually increasing the dosage 1/10th every 3-4 days, depending on how you feel.

Found this video for you – hope it helps.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r3q0mGKFyE

Good luck and keep in touch.

JD

Michelle124
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

There are three parts to the natural treatment of bacterial overgrowth:
    Diet – Low carbohydrate diet
    Eradicate unfriendly bacteria in the small intestine using herbs such as peppermint oil.
    Replace – Bacterial overgrowth impairs friendly bacteria (“probiotics”) and digestive enzymes.
    Herbs
    The most studied natural treatment for bacterial overgrowth is enteric coated peppermint oil, which is peppermint oil that has an edible, hard shell around it so that the capsule doesn’t open until it is in the small intestine. It kills bacteria in the small intestine.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

How do you see if you sibo with a stool test. My bad bacteria is kinda high but all out of whack with plus 2 yeast? The breathe test will tell me for sure but the dr will put me on antibiotics

klips32
    Participant

I guess I missed something in understanding SIBO.

What I’m experiencing is pain and bloating after high dosage of probiotics such as capsules with 50 billion CFU’s, Kefir, yoghurt, green veggies, garlic and so on.

I’m yet to take a breath test for bacteriel overgrowth, should be done in the next few days according to my MD.

So, I don’t believe I have what you call SIBO, sorry for mixing this up. I never read about it else then short on wiki and on here.

My problem is the probiotics really, so I can’t out-crowd them with good bacteria 🙂

How about making a cleanse with applrcider vinegar, GSE and simple laxative?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Small intestine bacterial overgrowth, how to get rid of it??’ is closed to new replies.