Skin Problems

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Skin Problems

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ctarledge 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

ctarledge
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

Hi all, I am new to this forum, but I’m hoping someone can give me some help. I know I have a Candida infection, and it’s been going on for over a year. I currently take a yeast cleanse, probiotics, and a liver supplement.

My first skin problem was three fingers of my right hand started to itch, very dry, and would crack open. Then it spread to my left fingers and feet. My internist put my on Diflucan, for just a two week period, and then I tried another 2 week refill. He also gave me a prescription antifungal cream.

The prescriptions did not help. Now I have itchy rashes all over my body. My armpits and groin have an almost purple looking rash on them. My feet and fingers are a mess. The palms of my hands are dry, itchy, and have welts on them. The rash has spread to under my breasts, on the right side my neck, all over my legs and arms, and any where the skin folds, like my inner elbows and behind the knees. They really look more like welts then they do β€œrash”.

The internist sent me to a dermatologist. She scraped my feet, and between my buttocks, and came back and said the test showed very little fungus. (Does yeast show up as fungus on a scrape test?) This week she did a patch test on my back, with all negative results. Now she wants to do a biopsy on my rash. I’m totally confused at this point.

Do I have a Candida rash, or skin lymphoma, or allergies? I’m getting scared, has anyone been through this with yeast?

Thank You

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What I would do is try stopping antifungals and probiotics for a period of time and see if it goes away. If it does, then it might be related to your bodies inability to detox toxins.

The next thing I would look at is whether you are deficient in stomach acid:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

If you are deficient in stomach acid, then this could explain everything.

-raster

ctarledge

Is there a way to help your body detox toxins?

I read your article, and will try the stomach acid test in the morning.

Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated!

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

+1 to raster’s suggestion to consider HCL.

I’ve never experienced the skin issues you’re describing, but I do get acne. I’ve noticed that by tightening up my diet and avoiding problematic foods I can lessen the severity of it. I’m betting that by doing the same you could get your rashes under better control. What’s your diet look like?

ctarledge

I have cut out all sugars, or anything that turns into sugar, bread, pasta, rice, etc. I basically eat a piece of meat and vegetables. Breakfast is eggs or oatmeal.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

ctarledge;56796 wrote: I have cut out all sugars, or anything that turns into sugar, bread, pasta, rice, etc. I basically eat a piece of meat and vegetables. Breakfast is eggs or oatmeal.

Oatmeal can be problematic as it contains gluten. An egg allergy is also not uncommon. If you’re eating your oatmeal with milk that could be contributing to the problem as well.

ctarledge

Oops – didn’t think oatmeal was gluten!! I never have had a problem with eggs before, but you never know. I use almond milk, I think that is OK? Looks like I need to read the Candida diet book, I’m way behind on that, but I have it now. It looks like I did everything in the wrong order. πŸ™ Oh well, I’m learning lots now that I have the book and this forum.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

ctarledge;56799 wrote: Oops – didn’t think oatmeal was gluten!! I never have had a problem with eggs before, but you never know. I use almond milk, I think that is OK? Looks like I need to read the Candida diet book, I’m way behind on that, but I have it now. It looks like I did everything in the wrong order. πŸ™ Oh well, I’m learning lots now that I have the book and this forum.

No worries! It’s definitely a learning process. Almond milk can be problematic as well because of the mold content.

ctarledge

Thomas – you are killing me here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder everyone complains about the strict diet!!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It sounds like you don’t have a detox plan. When you kill candida it produces over a thousand toxins. Other bacteria, parasites, microbes, etc. die when you try to start reversing your gut flora. These toxins have to be detoxed by your liver and kidneys primarily. When you overdo things, these organs can become overburdened. Then your body will start detoxing via other methods, such as via the skin and/or via the lungs.

I’ve got some posts for you to check out:

My Safe food list
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9282_Raster-s-safe-food-list.aspx

Die-off remedies
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx

-raster

ctarledge

Thank you raster – I will order the Milk Thistle right away. I just looked at the liver support I have been taking and the ingredients vary a lot from your thistle. Oh – and I just saw they expired in 2012!!! I can’t get out of my own way sometimes!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Skin Problems’ is closed to new replies.