Should you or should you not eat the following?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Should you or should you not eat the following?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Effcandida
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 3

Hello,

I am still at the strict point in the diet (no grains, no fruit). There is so much conflicting info out there as to what to eat. What is the consensus on the following?

– Tea (how can you tell if your tea is mold free? Will boiling water kill off any mold?)

– canned tomatoes (due to citric acid)

– apples, berries (how do you know when you can start eating these again?)

– gluten free oats

– NUTS ( some say to eat them, some say not due to mold. If you eat nuts, do you treat them with something for the mold first?)

– sweet potatoes

– parsnips

Thanks for any input you can provide!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The mold in tea is killed by the boiling water.

Tomatoes are high in sugar and in the glycemic index. Eating a small amount should not be a problem, but eating the sauces concentrates the sugar found within it.

Apples and berries should be saved for stage 2. We follow different stages on the forum when compared to the website:

stage 0: cleanse
    stage 1: long term strict diet
    stage 2: more molds, more sugar, more starches, etc. You should be symptom free when starting this stage.
    stage 3: long term non-candida diet

Instead of gluten free oats, I would check out gluten free oat bran. Oat bran is a prebiotic that feeds the beneficial bacteria in the gut. As an alternative we also recommend steel cut oats; oats are an iffy item for most people so I wouldn’t consume them.

Nuts are high in mold. We don’t recommend eating them in large amounts until stage 2. If you soak them and roast them this should remove most of the mold.

Sweet potatoes are high in sugar and in the glycemic index:
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2670/2
    However they are anti-inflammatory. There are better anti-inflammatory foods out there though.

Parnsips are lower in the glycemic index and contain less sugar:
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2515/2

-raster

Effcandida
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 3

Thanks for your reply. How long does the forum protocol stay in the strict diet stage? I’ve been eating quite a bit of almonds just to keep from feeling hungry. Guess I should cool it.

Is the coconut flour bread allowed in the strict phase of the diet?

Is there a link that lays out in detail the forum protocol you referred to?

Thanks for your help!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Effcandida;40177 wrote: Thanks for your reply. How long does the forum protocol stay in the strict diet stage? I’ve been eating quite a bit of almonds just to keep from feeling hungry. Guess I should cool it.

How long each stage of the treatment lasts depends on a lot of things, no one can predict this for you.
    The almonds are up to you, but almonds are not on the strict forum diet. If you would like to have that diet, let me know by private message on the forum.

Is the coconut flour bread allowed in the strict phase of the diet?

The coconut bread shouldn’t be eaten during the cleanse, but once you’re on the diet it’s acceptable after a week or so.

Is there a link that lays out in detail the forum protocol you referred to?

Testimonies to the Diet and Protocol
    Forum Protocol

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Should you or should you not eat the following?’ is closed to new replies.