Should I use topicals on the candida diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Should I use topicals on the candida diet?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  K 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

K
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

I haven’t visited my doctor yet, but I think I might have candida… I might have oral thrush (my dentist always said it was dry mouth, but my neuro said it was thrush… I really need to see my pcp) and have had issues with toenail fungus for years, but I never thought the two were connected. My big issue right now is the fact that I have painful orgasms and the inability to insert anything in my vagina, and I never even considered the possibility that it might be because of a yeast infection since there’s no discharge or funny smell… but I do get occasional UTIs, it’s occasionally itchy, and arousal/orgasm results in a really awful aching, burning pain.

I’ve had all of those issues for years, and the thought of having had a yeast infection for literal years without realizing it is upsetting. But the more I look into candida, the more convinced I am that it’s something that I have. After my summer vacation in June, which will be my last hurrah for alcohol and sweets, I’m going to try to see my doctor and start a candida diet regardless of what she says.

My big question is: should I be using a topical cream when on the candida diet for my vaginal yeast infection, or will the candida diet clear it up itself? As I mentioned,I literally can NOT insert anything, so I don’t know how I’d apply something like Monistat…

Also… do you think that once I get rid of the infections, I’ll be able to go back to drinking and eating carbs/sugar again? I have such a bad sweet tooth, and I’m Italian, I love pasta and pizza, and I like to drink socially with my friends… the thought of needing to change my diet permanently is super upsetting.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Replies: 386

Have you tried coconut oil as a topical treatment?

After my summer vacation in June, which will be my last hurrah for alcohol and sweets

Why are you planning a high-sugar binge? Seems like you’re not at all serious about improving your diet. Start today.

K
    Participant

I have not tried coconut oil — does that need to go inside as well, because if so, it goes back to my original problem of being unable to insert anything, even a finger or a syringe.

And I’m going to Hawaii with my family for two weeks this summer. We already have plenty of plans that involve fancy restaurants with amazing desserts and homemade ice cream on the Road to Hana and pina coladas on the beach. I’m not depriving myself of all of that because of something that I haven’t officially been diagnosed with yet. After my enjoyable vacation where, yes, I will be treating myself to things that involve sugar because I’m not going to be the family buzzkill, and also I deserve nice things after a stressful year, then I will visit my doctor and make sure that this is candida. Even if she’s skeptical, I will still try changing my diet then and see if anything changes.

Leave your judgment at the door, thanks.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Replies: 386

Leave your judgment at the door, thanks.

With that attitude, I’m not sure why anyone would give you advice here.

You’re in poor health; you think sugar might be to blame; and yet you say, “yes, I will be treating myself to things that involve sugar”

K
    Participant

I apologize for being snippy, but you’re being extremely rude, literally telling me I’m not serious about this? Like, I am not on this forum for strangers to judge me, I’m here because I have questions and am seeking answers because I’m a little lost right now. You aren’t addressing any of my actual questions, your suggestion of coconut oil is off-topic with my “should I use topicals in conjunction with a diet” question, and the rest of your posts are just you blaming me for wanting to enjoy a vacation and criticizing me.

I’ve been eating sugar and carbs for years now while this was going on and I was blissfully unaware of the fact that yeast might be to blame. Waiting an extra month or two to begin my diet is not going to kill me. Especially since I’m going through a lot of life changes at the moment: I need to get through transitioning to my new job and moving to a new apartment before I can even think about doing this overhaul of my diet. A person can only handle so many life changes at once, and there’s no reason for you to say that I’m not serious about my health just because I plan on starting my diet after I get through the next two months and enjoy a hard-earned vacation.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Should I use topicals on the candida diet?’ is closed to new replies.