Should I do Kombucha along with the S.Boulardii or not?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Should I do Kombucha along with the S.Boulardii or not?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bansaw 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

Kombucha contains S.Boulardii along with a host of other beneficial organisms. But the one of interest is the S.Boulardii.
    I also am taking S.Boulardii supplement, 5 capsules per day @ 5 billion each.

There are some conflicting reports out there that suggest Kombucha has no affect on Candida whatsoever[1]. Some say it encourages Candida and others say that it has really helped them and recommend Komucha for Candida.
    I want to brew Kombucha down to Ph3 just to make sure the sugar has pretty much all been converted.

I wonder if anyone out there has done any deeper research on this question and come to a conclusion.

[1] http://www.kombuclub.com/haber/158-cornell-university-ithacanew-york-14853

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d probably try just boulardii by itself and then maybe try it with kombucha seperately. The sugar content is the main worry like you mentioned.

-raster

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

raster;51641 wrote: I’d probably try just boulardii by itself and then maybe try it with kombucha seperately. The sugar content is the main worry like you mentioned.

-raster

If I get the Ph down to about 3 then the sugar is about gone. Its a little vinegary but I kindof got used to the taste of apple cider vinegar I seem to remember.
    Plus with the Kombucha I’m getting a range of B vitamins and some other very good bacteria too.
    I think when you bottle it, the secondary fermentation is still going on and the yeast is still active.

I like the idea of “live” boulardii going down as I drink it. I always feel like the capsules are kindof dormant (but still useful) but maybe not quite as good as the “live” version.

A two week ferment should get the sugar content right down, but I would love to know exactly just how much sugar is in there. I’ve been drinking kombucha for a week now and had no adverse reaction.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Should I do Kombucha along with the S.Boulardii or not?’ is closed to new replies.