shirataki noodles and kefir question with strict diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions shirataki noodles and kefir question with strict diet

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  chocoholic 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

chocoholic
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 17

Are shirataki noodles OK? http://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Noodle-Shirataki-7-Ounce-Packages/dp/B004CLCEDE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343822338&sr=8-1&keywords=shirataki

When purchasing kefir kit in local health food store any guidelines to follow? Also what is the best liquid (milk or unsweetened coconut milk) to use?

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Shirataki are just water and fibre. They’re not supposed to taste very good, but it doesn’t hurt to try. The Japanese use them in Sukiyaki.

Angor
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 136

I don’t want to scare you, but, I was very enthusiastic to try shirataki until I read that someone ate them, felt like shit since he/she couldn’t digest them at all and it ended up with him/her throwing them up, whole and completely undigested.

That made me think it would basically be like eating strings – no nutrition and impossible to digest. But maybe this was just one scary story out of a houndred more optimistic. Like I’ve seen Able write on here: If it doesn’t benefit your health, don’t eat it.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

They’re pretty much just water. I’ve had the stuff they’re made from (kon’nyaku). The fibre is indigestible because it’s prebiotic, i.e. it’ll be fermented in the colon. Maybe that guy threw up because they don’t taste particularly good 🙂

chocoholic
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 17

I’ve enjoyed them in soups in the past. I just wasn’t sure if they were permitted.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘shirataki noodles and kefir question with strict diet’ is closed to new replies.