Severe Leaky Gut (Reacting to everything)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Severe Leaky Gut (Reacting to everything)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  alexalgebra 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

Hi everyone!

Intro

Im sure some of you may know that I’ve been posting on this forum for a pretty long time now and have made absolutely no progress whatsoever. Some of you must think Im a complete dunce! I’ve spent ruthlessly and spent hours upon hours everyday obsessively trying to understand this massive multi-factorial problem I have, but to no avail. Won’t stop me from fighting though. My current situation stands at having followed a very extreme diet for the past 2 weeks. It goes as follows..

Health problems/concerns

-Gone from 15 stone 1 pound to 11 stone
    -Leaky gut
    -Candida
    -SIBO
    -Mild Organophosphate and Mercury poisoning (Mildly inhibiting detox pathways, putting quite alot of stress on liver)

Diet

For the past 2 weeks this has consisted of: Cauliflower and Chicken soup, that.is.all. This is how I make it: Chopped up cauliflower (Fibrous stalks removed) and chicken simmered for 40 minutes in chicken broth and then finally pureed. (FYI the chicken added has already been boiled for 3-4 hours, having made broth from it.)

Leaky Gut

To give you an idea of how severe mine is, I would like you to think of a sieve. That is how bad mine is at the moment.
    I react to absolutely everything, all food groups, including one’s WE are allowed such as low sugar/fibre vegetables, fats and fibre. My digestive issues are so severe that I cant digest normal cooked meats and vegetables so have got to the point whereby I have to puree everything. I believe I am also mildy reacting to my cauliflower soup, slightly upsetting.

I have also realised that I am unable to tolerate capsules so therefore bought oil forms to help with absorption and digestion. What I found was that I was still intolerant to the supposed fats being Cod liver oil and Flax seed oil (3-6-9) which are meant to help heal my gut lining rather than irritate and inflame. I also have started to take 1/10th of a Biokult 2 billion per capsule and get fairly heavy die off from it. Confused? Thought so, :-).

So ultimately my gut is in a constantly chronic inflamed state and nothing is able to help relieve this except the chicken broth. Another symptom of this (Limited fibre) has been my 8 days of constipation, finally being relieved today from copious amounts of chicken broth, what a relief! One worry though was that there was alot of fat in the stool, I’ve researched and the only thing I can get to is slightly damaged/overloaded liver?
    I had my liver tested 3 weeks ago and it seemed to be ok though..

To conclude:

– Extremely restricted diet
    – Cut out fibre
    – React to everything – (Inc Fats, Fibre and Low Sugar/Fibre Vegetables)
    – No Improvement
    – Not taking antifungals as Probiotic gives severe enough die off.

Questions

If I react to everything, how on earth can I heal my gut lining and get better?

What could be causing me to prevent healing the gut? For me I’ve narrowed it down to Parasites or Fibromyalgia affecting gut and general healing. Any thoughts?

(FYI Two years ago I had a chesty dry cough, restricted breathing and wheezing for 3 weeks whilst in India, didnt take antibiotics for it though)

Im sure you can see Im rather desperate and would appreciate any help.
    Best Wishes
    JD

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

At this point I would consider professional advice. You need to lower your histamine levels (vitamin C is good for this) and may need an alternative thereapy. My naturopath likely would put you on a homeopathic that causes your body to produce more enzymes. If you are not taking bitters, I would try these out, or I would check out digestive enzymes as an alternative.

I am concerned about you getting worse and not better and this is why I recommend professional advice because we are not licensed and trained doctors, etc.

-raster

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I was not quite as bad as you, but I was pretty freaking bad when I started this whole thing 🙁

I was using a product for awhile called Glutagenics; it’s a powder made from L-Glutamine, licorice, and aloe that’s meant to heal your intestinal lining. It didn’t cure me or anything, but I think it helped a little, as long as I was eating clean.

I think a professional would also be a good thing, although I don’t know what professional would be able to help :p My experience with “professionals” when it comes to leaky gut and candida has been pretty pathetic and along the lines of “well, I don’t know what to tell you. Just don’t eat things that hurt you.” to “Just cut out refined carbs, you’ll be fine.” to “Here, let’s put this laser pointer device on you, it will totally cure you!” (no, seriously)

I was also thinking about trying this powder – http://www.renewlife.com/intestinew.html but I haven’t heard any reviews on it. I’m a fan of that brand’s fiber powder for sensitive insides. (It uses flax instead of psyllium)

I also second bitters and/or HCl.

When I first got on the diet, I could not tolerate any raw foods…I could only eat eggs and veggies on good days. I just pushed on with the veggies and made a LOT of bieler broth (see the recipes forum for a recipe). I started reacting to the bieler broth at one point, but when I eased off of it for a week or two, I was fine. That’s the kicker with leaky gut…the more you eat the same food, the more likely you are to start reacting to it :/ So in my opinion, it’s actually best to rotate what you can.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The problem alex is he is not tolerating foods and/or supplements and I’ve shared my leaky gut stuff over and over to him. So either he is not taking the leaky gut supplements, cannot tolerate them, hasn’t tried it, or they are ineffective.

The hydro-chloric acid likely will help reduce the SIBO and should kill some of the bugs in the gut.

A (good) naturopath can help get sensitive individuals back up to speed quickly but I am not one.

-raster

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

raster;40176 wrote: The problem alex is he is not tolerating foods and/or supplements and I’ve shared my leaky gut stuff over and over to him. So either he is not taking the leaky gut supplements, cannot tolerate them, hasn’t tried it, or they are ineffective.

The hydro-chloric acid likely will help reduce the SIBO and should kill some of the bugs in the gut.

A (good) naturopath can help get sensitive individuals back up to speed quickly but I am not one.

-raster

For some reason, I was thinking he said that capsules were the problem (I might have totally made that up), so I was thinking powders might be an option.

But yeah, a good naturopath would be helpful.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Severe Leaky Gut (Reacting to everything)’ is closed to new replies.