Seven days in and discouraged

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Seven days in and discouraged

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Rachel_Healing
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 2

I am seven days in to my cleanse. I spent the first 5 days eating only vegetables prescribed on the “foods to eat during cleanse list”, water, tea, etc. On day six I began eating rice, eggs and kefir because I had to work and wanted to excercise. I felt all of the classic symptoms of die off during the cleanse: feeling like I had the flu, increased mucuous production, headache, etc. However, those symptoms gradually went away and by the morning of day 5 I felt much better. But now, on day seven, I have a white tongue. A fuzzy white thrush tongue. Still. I am so discouraged that I am still dealing with this after all the misery of of the first five days of the cleanse. I feel like I will never be able to live a normal life, enjoy going out like normal people, or have sex without worrying about painful UTIs.

Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

I am also constipated for two days now. I’m scheduled for a colonic tomorrow which should hopefully provide some bowel relief and cleanse out dead yeast.

Any comments would be helpful.

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

Perhaps lay off the excercise. Your body has enough damage to heal, without creating more.

Is the tea caffeine free? Keep away from caffeine; it will fatigue your adrenals.

Get as much rest as you can, and drink lots of vegie and bone broths.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Don’t be discouraged because the oral thrush will come and go as you heal. You won’t even come close to killing off all of the candida with the cleanse and it takes a very long time to heal. Plan on a 6-18 month recovery period to get over candida overgrowth.

Whenever you are ready to start the diet, go for it! The cleanse isn’t meant to last a long time.

I second what clare said and don’t do the exercise. You need your energy to heal and it can set you back. Plan on starting to do that regularly again in a month or two when you get your legs underneath you more.

-raster

paulkur89234
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 20

I think you need to also balance your diet. Doing it for 7 days might have drastically changed your body system. You need to get your body ready for whatever diet you will do.

Magical1
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 9

If you read my post, I had really awful die off for two weeks. But by week three it gets better!

I would try to not exercise until you’ve done a month of it at least…

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

What sort of exercise do you do, and how much? Cardio literally = stress, so the less of that you do the better. Anaerobic exercise like sprints and intensive resistance training avoids many of the cardio pitfalls, and gives you much more bang for your buck in terms of improving fitness, metabolism, weight loss, muscle tone etc. It’s usually only necessary to exercise like this 2-4 times a week for around 30-minutes. People who run 1-hour+ a day are setting themselves up for hormonal and metabolic destruction, and the subsequent weight gain and fatigue, unless they have the rest of their lifestyle and nutrition seriously keyed in. Even then, they’re still going to die early.

I’d lay off the colonics myself. There’s zero evidence to support their benefits, but more than enough detailing the side-effects and dangers, and they’re largely based on medical fantasy, e.g. faeces “stick” to your bowels for 20-years. One of the key factors in beating candida is restoring balance to the gut flora, and blasting it with water for an hour doesn’t please your microbial friends. The enthusiastic “I lost 10lbs and feel so refreshed” seems to too often become “I’m constipated and bloated and have booked another colonic” two weeks later.

As for the cleanse, it’s good you’ve quit that because it won’t do anything to help your metabolism either. I’ve read bad things about how candida reacts to being sugar-starved, but I wish people would give references for such things. One potential reason you got recurrent thrush is because of the rice massively spiking your blood sugar after days in ketosis. Making sudden switches between diets is hard on the body, and ideally you’d reintroduce carbs slowly to tolerance. Settling in on a stable eating plan that includes enough calories, protein and ideally >50g/day of carbs, and covers the micronutrient spectrum is one of the best things you can do now. Most people here will discourage you from eating rice, which may or may not be good advice depending on how you handle starch, which depends on what’s going on in your mouth, stomach and small bowel. I’d say eat it at your own risk.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Seven days in and discouraged’ is closed to new replies.