Sensitive to foods around me

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Sensitive to foods around me

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  impossible 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

smurfie
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 52

I am, on a low strict carb diet, and to be honest I pretty much eat the same stuff everyday, and I get really sensitive to things. I’ve found that this is the easiest thing for me to do, cause I won’t have the tribble of candida flaring up from eating more carbs and I won’t have so much die off reactions and food allergies.

I now live with my parents which makes things hard. I can react to soaps (citrus) and also to sugar and carbs, and without even eating it, I can react to the sugar that is in the air, if you know what I mean. I got probiotics in the fridge and suddenly they are all too sweet. I know this has something to do with fruits or sugary stuff that has impacted it. But is this normal?? I am curious? I hate that I have to be so sensitive that I almost can’t be around people..

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

smurfie;53846 wrote: I am, on a low strict carb diet, and to be honest I pretty much eat the same stuff everyday, and I get really sensitive to things. I’ve found that this is the easiest thing for me to do, cause I won’t have the tribble of candida flaring up from eating more carbs and I won’t have so much die off reactions and food allergies.

I now live with my parents which makes things hard. I can react to soaps (citrus) and also to sugar and carbs, and without even eating it, I can react to the sugar that is in the air, if you know what I mean. I got probiotics in the fridge and suddenly they are all too sweet. I know this has something to do with fruits or sugary stuff that has impacted it. But is this normal?? I am curious? I hate that I have to be so sensitive that I almost can’t be around people..

Chemical sensitivities are very common in individuals with a candida overgrowth. Its important to avoid scented soaps, sprays, air fresheners, etc while beginning treatment. This is caused by a damaged immune system, something candida does very well.

Over time you learn what bothers you and what doesn’t (food, environmental sensitivities, etc.).
    How are pro-biotics sweet? Are you swallowing capsules or chewing on them?
    Buy un-scented natural products, they are likely to bother you a lot less.
    Try not to eat the same thing everyday to avoid getting burnt out and ditching the diet all together.
    Raster’s diet is a good place to start.

This is not normal, but extremely common.

smurfie
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 52

I have been struggling with candida for about 7-8 years, and it seems to me that I am more sensitive to things now than I was in the beginning. I am wondering if this is because of the limited diet. I also have leaky gut syndrome which makes me even more sensitive I suppose.

I am very cautious of my supplements not being sweetened, so it’s not that. Ive been taking to same probiotics for a long time, and they are capsules. But because I don’t live alone right now, there are sweet things that I feel have an influence on the things in the fridge, I don’t know if that even makes any sense, but I really do get reactions from that. Also if someone is making a pizza with yeast in the house, I suddenly feel the candida like crazy, just from the yeast that’s in the air.
    I just feel like I’m so sensitive to the point that people don’t believe me sometimes. And its hard for me to live with “normal” people as well as it is for them to live with me, which is kind of sad..

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

At my worst I had to wear a respirator on and off for a couple weeks, an improper methyl protocol administered while I was experiencing already bad inflammation and symptoms made me hypersensitive. I feel ya. Get that inflammation down. Poor liver function can make this worse in some people too. As Ive read it, challenges in specific pathways can lead to a build up of specific compounds and cause sensitivities. GOOD naturopathic or integrative docs are usually familiar with this.

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

I still have to wear it once in a while, but only when something really stinks if ya know what I mean. Im sure you’ll figure it out, you really seem smart.

🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sensitive to foods around me’ is closed to new replies.