Seeking crunchy snacks!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Seeking crunchy snacks!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  BB 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ponyboy
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

I’m a girl who likes her snacks. I tend to stress-eat as well and crunchy food is just the best possible thing for me when I’m in a certain state of mind. Does anybody have any suggestions that aren’t nuts or kale chips? I’m willing to do some cooking as well!

Thanks (:

beccana14
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 21

I’m the same as you! I used to eat entire boxes of dry cereal before starting this diet!

How I get my fix now:
    1. Toasted groats (so satisfyingly crunchy!)and toasted coconut flakes with cinnamon, sea salt, and a pinch of stevia
    2. Coconut chia crackers: http://byebyegluten.blogspot.com/2012/01/coconut-chia-crackers-grain-freegluten.html
    3. Hemp seeds

Renecca (a fellow cruncher!)

bouncygal
    Topics: 32
    Replies: 100

homemade yogurt that has been drained overnight in a cheese cloth mixed with olive oil and salt makes a nice dip, taste like cream cheese. celery sticks to dip in, crunchy as.

msmofish
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 96

Crunchy Buckwheat “Snack Mix”
    2 cups of raw buckwheat groats
    1/2 cup of raw hemp seeds
    1/4 cup of coconut oil
    sea salt
    garlic powder
    onion powder
    coconut aminos

1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
    2. Melt coconut oil, then mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Season to taste with sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and coconut aminos. Cool down & store in far

Note – instead of onion & garlic powders I’ve used curry powder

This is my fave go to crunchy snack !

Ruffian
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

I don’t have a reaction to these but others might….

I love chickpeas (garbanzo beans) baked in the oven. Just open a can, drain, spread out on a flat cookie sheet. Add olive oil, salt, pepper. Bake for about 45 minutes at 400 degrees. Give or take depending on how crunchy you like them. I like my REALLY crunchy so I wait till they are almost dark brown. Delicious!

ponyboy
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

all of these are great suggestions, thank you!!

they do bring me to another thing i’ve been wondering, however…
    i’ve been finding it hard to find “alternative” foods like buckwheat or coconut flour, groats, even quinoa! i have scoured all the grocery and health food stores i know of… is there any way around this, generally? like recipes i can make out of food that’s easier to find? all the candida-friendly recipes i find look really good, and then “oh. chia seeds. nope.”

BB
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

I lightly saute raw almonds, pumkin seeds & sunflower seeds in coconut aminos. yummy

BB
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Ponyboy,

Since there aren’t any health food stores within 40 miles of my home, order everything except organic veggies off the net from iHerb. Prices are way lower, larger the order give more discount & free shipping over $40.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Seeking crunchy snacks!’ is closed to new replies.